• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 ] Any experience with GC Getaways & Transfer Outlet, LLC

DONCOOK99

TUG Member
Reaction score
what more experience or info do you need than what is posted above?

Did they get you out of your timeshare w/no additional fees and in a timely manner. Does their Club actually provide the things they say; i e are the prices reasonable, are quality places available at good times of the year, are the rewards points actually meaningful, is it a good deal?????

OR, are you just implying "stay away from any such offer"!!!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
as mentioned above, you already have a simple, cheap and easy way out of a wyndham timeshare using the ovation program.

why would you even consider using something instead that costs you thousands of dollars?

DONCOOK99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not me, certainly, and I think that you will be hard pressed to find much on TUG in the way of either personal experience with or (non-shill) endorsement of many (if any) "vacation clubs" --- least of all one with no name and a completely unknown future. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

If you truly want to "bail out" of Wyndham, why not just do so through Ovation for the grand total cost of absolutely nothing, with no attached obligations or membership in some obscure "club" that might not even exist a year from now (assuming it actually exists today)? :shrug:

Not looking to get out of Wyndham per se, just looking for a less expensive way to enjoy that type of travel. Not close to going with GC, but looking for people who might recommend it (to perhaps change my mind).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you posted the exact same question nearly a year ago....(and got the same answers) If you havent yet been convinced its not worth paying 7500 dollars for, im not sure what anyone else can say to change your mind. =)

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that nobody here has any experience with this club. Generally speaking, all vacation clubs are a dud if you are particular at all about where and when you want to travel. I personally stay away from things that I can't find any reviews for.

Grandmaof8

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Liki Tiki
..and The Choice Rewards Platinum Membership Program.

Yesterday my wife and I attended a dinner with this company. We told them we were never offered the "Opt Out" timeshare option that was supposedly offered to all timeshare owners in 2010 (or thereabouts). They "checked" with someone and determined there was no record of a response from us. From there they said they could backdate this offer and give us the same option offered to all timeshare owners in 2010. Basically it's a program where we transfer ownership of our timeshare back to the resort owner, costing us $7125.00 over 10 years. This basically saves us money we would otherwise be paying on our $975 annual maintenance fees. It also provides for membership in the Choice Rewards Platinum Program.

This seems to be a good way to get rid of our timesshare (Tahiti Village II in Las Vegas) and change to the Choice Rewards Progam. Can anyone help me with this company and whether or not this is a good deal. Thanks in advance. Steve[/Q

Grandmaof8

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Liki Tiki
..and The Choice Rewards Platinum Membership Program.

Yesterday my wife and I attended a dinner with this company. We told them we were never offered the "Opt Out" timeshare option that was supposedly offered to all timeshare owners in 2010 (or thereabouts). They "checked" with someone and determined there was no record of a response from us. From there they said they could backdate this offer and give us the same option offered to all timeshare owners in 2010. Basically it's a program where we transfer ownership of our timeshare back to the resort owner, costing us $7125.00 over 10 years. This basically saves us money we would otherwise be paying on our $975 annual maintenance fees. It also provides for membership in the Choice Rewards Platinum Program.

This seems to be a good way to get rid of our timesshare (Tahiti Village II in Las Vegas) and change to the Choice Rewards Progam. Can anyone help me with this company and whether or not this is a good deal. Thanks in advance. Steve
My husband and I had an encounter tonight. They fed us and told us the same thing and wanted 8500 to get out of our timeshare. What bothered me most was they held our licenses and credit cards until we finished eating. When we told the rep Josh we wanted to think about it and discuss at home, he stormed off without a thank you. I actually called my credit card company to alert them to be on the lookout for fraudulent charges. Already been scammed into paying to place ads and our fees are 2000 a year. I just want to cut my losses

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
My husband and I had an encounter tonight. They fed us and told us the same thing and wanted 8500 to get out of our timeshare. What bothered me most was they held our licenses and credit cards until we finished eating. When we told the rep Josh we wanted to think about it and discuss at home, he stormed off without a thank you. I actually called my credit card company to alert them to be on the lookout for fraudulent charges. Already been scammed into paying to place ads and our fees are 2000 a year. I just want to cut my losses

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-can-i-give-away-my-timeshare-on-tug.132509/

Charliel

Reaction score
I used to work for this company and other company's like it. After doing much home work and leaving this company and them still owing me close to $4000 dollars. All I can say is so many different sales reps tell so many different lies, trying to get your money. ARDA was never sued or used these company's to do their work. That's a lie. Trust me just call Arda. They also say a letter called a POD statement meaning property owner disclosure was mailed out to all owners giving them options, however there was no letter ever mailed. And when they say they will check and see if you signed. Well they aren't asking anyone they are just making it look good. It's also a lie. There is no such thing as platinum points as they call it. There is a platinum program through RCI but your points are the same no matter where their from when it comes to RCI. There is another company doing this outside of Texas also. They are called World Wide Escapes. And another one is LGI for Leisure Getaways Inc. They use the POD statement Lie or the some letter was mailed or a call. Lie lie lie Trust me if you ever get a call saying any timeshare company is wanting to meet you at a restaurant for an update then hang up. It's always to try to sell you some so called different points. They always use like olive gardens. Red lobster and many others. However Wyndham does do legit dinner parties for their owners.. Trust me there is easier ways of getting out of your time share. If any one ever has any questions about these company's called Gold Crown Getaways and transfer outlet. Or world wide escapes or leisure Getaways inc please don't hesitate to email me. Tired of them robbing me and everyone else

Hello, since you said you worked for GCG (Gold Crown Getaways) maybe you can help me with this. We went to a meeting with GCG in April this year and they said they can get rid of our timeshare for an upfront fee of $5500. My husband wanted to sign the contract if they agreed for $4000 and a cancellation option if we changed our mind. They agreed and told us we can cancel it when their office called us the next day to verify our credit card for a partial upfront fee of $1669. Finally we signed the contract for $4000. But after we got home we did some research and didn't want to do it so when they called us to verify our credit card we told them we wanted to cancel the contract and didn't give them our authorization to charge for the fee. They never contacted us after that but today we receive a letter from them saying we owed them $4000 according to the contract. The reason is because we didn't send them a written cancellation. Do you have any advice to help us dealing with this problem? Greatly appreciate everyone advice also.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Report the credit card lost. That will close the number.

You will need to do battle with them on the contract. You need to prepare to do battle. Document everything and keep it in a safe place. It depends on how tight the contact you signed is. You can counter with to have them prove what services they are actually providing. They probably do not have deep resources, so prepare to become the biggest problem in their portfolio.

What does the contract state? Did you keep your copy? Do you know how to check with your county clerk to make sure someone has not filed suit against you? What is your state's Statute of Limitation?

You could reply with a Cease and Desist, but that would most probably result in a lawsuit.

Don't talk with them over the phone, only by mail. Do not admit a debt. Ask for proof. Check your Credit Reports. If they have put an entry against you, respond with a VOD (Verification of Debt).

This is not legal advise. Do your own research.

Last edited: