• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2017 ] Harborside Atlantis Question [Occupancy change & rollaways gone]

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there in March, stayed in 1 bd
A 1 br premium or 1 br deluxe? Deluxes have always been a maximum of 4.

And the towel huts are the wrong place to resolve occupancy issues. Those workers are closely monitored as to how many wrist bands they produce, as those bands are worth more than $100 per day.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My understanding is that for 2018 (at least through the summer when I had my reservation which were made 12 months prior), 5 could stay in a 1 BR premium when using existing bedding or a pad/mattress they brought with them. The could be listed and could get 5 bracelets. I doubt this will be the case going forward. If the were taking away the rollaways they should have included a single murphy bed or a fold out chair/cot as part of the refurb for the premium units. The 1 BR premium is only about 100 sq ft smaller than the non lock off 2 br that sleeps 6 so there certainly is enough room for both a permanent extra bed in the living room.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I don’t recall seeing anything like this at WKV, which also has occupancy of 5 in the Premium 1BR. If they don’t provide a cot upon request they should provide something. Even an air mattress could work. It shouldn’t be up to the owner to bring something to sleep on. The resort should provide it.

Best regards.

Mike

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Atlantis Family Fun still lists the 1br premium as 5 occupancy but have removed the rollaway amenity.

FWIW, they are a big operation, and I'd think they would have changed this by now if it were the hard and fast rule that 5 wristbands would no longer be given for the 1br premium.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Atlantis Family Fun still lists the 1br premium as 5 occupancy but have removed the rollaway amenity.

FWIW, they are a big operation, and I'd think they would have changed this by now if it were the hard and fast rule that 5 wristbands would no longer be given for the 1br premium.

Ryan

I certainly would not want to take the risk of assuming a non-Vistana website is correct. That reliance could cause havoc with a vacation once onsite.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I certainly would not want to take the risk of assuming a non-Vistana website is correct. That reliance could cause havoc with a vacation once onsite.
I understand which is why I stated "for what it's worth". However, these guys rent in large volume and you could argue that it is more reliable than a few individuals posting their experience on here.

Again, just trying to provide info to folks who are in this dilemma. What they choose to do is up to them.

Ryan

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that Family Fun at Atlantis has occupancy listed at 5 for the Premium 1BR and 9 for the 2BR Lockoff through next year. Like Ryan noted, they are probably the largest commercial renter of Harborside units out there.

rkalita

Reaction score
Just back from Harborside today.

I’m an owner.

I can confirm we own and had a 1BR Premium for our 7 day stay.

There were 5 of us in the room. (2 adults, 3 kids)

We were able to get a roll-away.

Attended ‘owners update’ aka sales meeting. We were told - rooms are still for 5 - bring a blow up bed.

Confirmed that 5 bands for Atlantis continue to be available and used by the 5 of us last week.

PM me for more details or questions.
Hi cparker! I wanted to see if you have any updated information you can share about the premium 1 bedroom units are Harborside resort in Atlantis. We are a family of 5 and I was hoping to book a 1 bedroom unit. My little guy is totally fine sleeping on a little air mattress that we will pack and bring. But I am nervous with all of the info I'm reading and seeing about 4 vs 5 in that unit. I don't want to risk getting there and running into an issue. Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!! ☺️

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
The rules say 4 people to a 1BR Unit. This applies to either the smaller one bedroom or the premium (larger 1 BR)
What you are really asking is if the rules are strongly enforced
I doubt anyone here will go out on a limb and tell you to ignore the rules
We are owners at Harborside and generally can be identified by the resort
The towel huts will only issue wristbands to 4 people in a room if you are checked in to a one bedroom
If all 5 want to go to the pool at the same time, everybody needs a wristband
They are generally issued each day at the towel hut

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hi cparker! I wanted to see if you have any updated information you can share about the premium 1 bedroom units are Harborside resort in Atlantis. We are a family of 5 and I was hoping to book a 1 bedroom unit. My little guy is totally fine sleeping on a little air mattress that we will pack and bring. But I am nervous with all of the info I'm reading and seeing about 4 vs 5 in that unit. I don't want to risk getting there and running into an issue. Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!! ☺️
rules changed in 2017 and any new bookings from 2018 and on have to go by the rule of 4 only in the 1BR. Unfortunately if you need 5 you have to go up to a 2 BR.