• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

5 Weeks at Marriott Ko'Olina

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Thank you for the compliment on the cheesecake. It turned out pretty well. Shall I make another one for our meet up?
If you do, I might just crash the party! It looks amazing!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
@amy241,
Thank you for the compliment on the cheesecake. It turned out pretty well. Shall I make another one for our meet up?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
@amy241,

Darn it! I’m so sorry!! But we’ll meet up soon. You’re here through 20 December if I remember correctly?

Oh, another cheesecake would be great. Yes, we depart on Dec. 20th.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok great! Not sure when everyone would like to meet up so people can chime in. For cheesecake I need 2 days notice. LoL
Oh, another cheesecake would be great. Yes, we depart on Dec. 20th.

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
We started from the North. We were prepared for at least 5 miles thanks to AllTrails. We were also aware that there was no shade, so we had water, sunscreen, and long-sleeve shirts. The trail reminded us of the trail to Green Sand Beach on the Big Island.

You can park near the reserve, but you need a permit. I have the info so we can get a permit next time (it'll give me a reason to drive our Jeep Wrangler!). For those wanting the info: www.hawaiistateparks.org, 808.587.0300. I presume when you get the permit, they give you the code for the lock on the gate. For those reading, don't do it unless you have a 4x4. Sedans will not suffice!

I have a 4 wheel Jeep vehicle but don’t know how to use it. It has a second gear shifter inside. It has markings like 2H, 4H, 4L on the shifter.

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
We don't check in until Sunday and my daughter loves cheesecake, ha ha .... I bet my wife and daughter would love to get some of your decorating tips because your final presentations look so great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 wheel Jeep vehicle but don’t know how to use it. It has a second gear shifter inside. It has markings like 2H, 4H, 4L on the shifter.
To engage the 4H OR 4L using the transfer case is fairly easy but you shouldn't need it unless you go in soft soft sand. First get the jeep rolling slowly, less than 5mph and put the transmission in neutral then put the transfer case in 4H. Then to get in 4L follow the same steps. You can then do the reverse to get back in 2H. There are some additional details related to using the transfer case but the above basic tips will work if needed to get you out of stuck situation.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you and yes, y’all should come!!

If there is another one of these cheese cakes, I may delay my return trip. LOL

One thing is how it looked but the taste was beyond anything I remember. Definitely AMAZING.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
You’re so sweet, @samara64. ❤️❤️

I will certainly do another cheesecake. When do you leave?
If there is another one of these cheese cakes, I may delay my return trip. LOL

One thing is how it looked but the taste was beyond anything I remember. Definitely AMAZING.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you @crf450x. I’ll definitely delay the cheesecake baking so your daughter can get a piece. LoL How long will you be here for?
We don't check in until Sunday and my daughter loves cheesecake, ha ha .... I bet my wife and daughter would love to get some of your decorating tips because your final presentations look so great.

Kapolei

Reaction score
Last bite ...four guys here that just devoured leftovers
image.jpg

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well darn it. I’m sorry you won’t be here. Next time maybe we should all meet up in Aruba - that would be a fun trip!
This Saturday so no way it will work. May be next time.

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you @crf450x. I’ll definitely delay the cheesecake baking so your daughter can get a piece. LoL How long will you be here for?
We will only be at Ko Olina for a week starting this sunday.... we usually try to stay 3 weeks on various islands but this year has not bern a normal year, to say the least....

Even with the shorter trip and the kids still doing remote schooling until tomorrow, we are loving being back on the islands.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I was going to try to stop out to one of these but I’ve been busy at work the last couple of weeks. I’m trying to get things ready since I’ll be on vacation for two weeks starting Saturday.

I live in Waikiki and wasn’t up for the ride out there after a long day at work. One of these times it will work out and I’ll be able to make it.

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was going to try to stop out to one of these but I’ve been busy at work the last couple of weeks. I’m trying to get things ready since I’ll be on vacation for two weeks starting Saturday.

I live in Waikiki and wasn’t up for the ride out there after a long day at work. One of these times it will work out and I’ll be able to make it.
We are staying at the Embassy Suites till Sunday, so if you had time before you leave for Molokai let us know and we could meet up and talk shop and timeshare adventures.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We are staying at the Embassy Suites till Sunday, so if you had time before you leave for Molokai let us know and we could meet up and talk shop and timeshare adventures.

Yes, I see you were in Waikiki and if we weren’t going to Molokai Saturday morning it would be a definitely yes.

If I get out early enough tomorrow it may work. I’m prettt much straight up Lewers on the Canal.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Did you take a covid test to fly interisland?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you take a covid test to fly interisland?

Yes, on Wednesday and I just got my results back this morning. My wife and I just uploaded them onto the travel website.

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
Yes, on Wednesday and I just got my results back this morning. My wife and I just uploaded them onto the travel website.

Where did you test at? I’m not seeing any rapid PCR test locations at approved testing partners. I happened to look into this issue this morning for our May 2020 trip which involves a 3 island stay.

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I see you were in Waikiki and if we weren’t going to Molokai Saturday morning it would be a definitely yes.

If I get out early enough tomorrow it may work. I’m prettt much straight up Lewers on the Canal.
Definitely let us know. We will be hanging around the city tonight.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Where did you test at? I’m not seeing any rapid PCR test locations at approved testing partners. I happened to look into this issue this morning for our May 2020 trip which involves a 3 island stay.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

We went to the Longs/CVS at 1030 King Street. We took it Wednesday and got the results this morning.

I had a couple hassles with MyChart but I got them straightened out and everything uploaded to the Safe Travels website and we each have our QR code’s.