• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone deposit online with II lately?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Hello everyone,

I have been extremely preoccupied with life lately, so am trying to play catch up with my timeshare planning. I used to enjoy it, but now I am too tired to deal with it. However, I want to try and deposit a SDO week and see what happens.

Has anyone done this lately online? I don't want to have to pay an extra fee to deposit with an agent if I can avoid it. I don't have any weeks reserved yet, but if I did, would I have to cancel the reservation prior to depositing, or would depositing the week automatically cancel my reservation? If I must speak with an agent, do I only deal with II (Starwood desk) or do I deal with Owner Services?

Thanks for any tips! TUG is awesome when it comes to serious vacation planning help :cheer: !

OT, I have to say, the motorhome my DH wanted has turned out to be a very nice way to vacation (so far):whoopie: . I thought I wouldn't like it too much, but bringing your whole house with you, plus the dog, and not having to deal with airfare, luggage, security and rental cars is really nice for a change. We did a nice trip up and down parts of the CA Coast, and it was absolutely beautiful.

Here is the campsite at Morro Bay State Park, Morro Bay, CA:

IMG_3416.jpg

Here is the very happy camper dog:

IMG_3426.jpg

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hello everyone,

I have been extremely preoccupied with life lately, so am trying to play catch up with my timeshare planning. I used to enjoy it, but now I am too tired to deal with it. However, I want to try and deposit a SDO week and see what happens.

Has anyone done this lately online?

I would do it online, make sure it was correct, and then print out a hard copy.

I don't want to have to pay an extra fee to deposit with an agent if I can avoid it.

I don't think you will have to pay an extra fee, but I would rather do it online and make sure it's correct, myself. It is just a matter of clicking the "deposit" button next the the week you want to deposit and then checking that the description of the deposit is correct.

I don't have any weeks reserved yet, but if I did, would I have to cancel the reservation prior to depositing, or would depositing the week automatically cancel my reservation?

You must call Owner Services and cancel the reservation first.

If I must speak with an agent, do I only deal with II (Starwood desk) or do I deal with Owner Services?

Owner Services will cancel the Resv. for you, but if you need help with the deposit, you need to talk to II - especially with a non-SVN week. Personally, I avoid using an agent - I want to do it myself and make sure it's right!

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to now cancel reservations before depositing, also via SVO. However, you should be able to see floating week available after logging into II, and I think you should be able to confirm an exchange if you don't have a reservation.

Hello everyone,

Has anyone done this lately online? I don't want to have to pay an extra fee to deposit with an agent if I can avoid it. I don't have any weeks reserved yet, but if I did, would I have to cancel the reservation prior to depositing, or would depositing the week automatically cancel my reservation? If I must speak with an agent, do I only deal with II (Starwood desk) or do I deal with Owner Services?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Unless you have a problem of some kind, you should be able to do everything on line - just be sure your week is listed correctly before you deposit it. This is how my SDO 1-52 floating week is listed in my account:

Sheraton Desert Oasis - Gold Plus/Red
SI2
Unit: 1BED
Float 2010 (Float)
Available

Remember that you have until the last day of 2010 to deposit with no penalty.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, sorry, still somewhat new to II and have corrected the post.

Is there a place on the II website that directly leads you to the "Deposit/Extend A Week" other than it just randomly showing up occasionally? Unless it's because I have a reservation for my week?

When I look at my unit, it shows as available, has the exchange buttons, but no deposit button.

Why do you say you can't deposit floating weeks online? I am looking at 2 of my floating weeks right now and there is a deposit button right next to each one. Unless you have a reservation to cancel, you shouldn't have to contact Owner Services.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you have a week available for deposit, choose the "exchange tab" and click on "my units," you will see a list of your weeks, and you can click on "deposit."

II doesn't know your week is reserved, so it should still show up in the Acct.

If it is not listed under "my units" it may have been "lost" in the Aug. rollover to the new rules and you will have to get it corrected. I am assuming you registered the week with II already and it's a voluntary/resale?

Last edited:

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Sorry if this has already come up: I'd like to deposit a 2011 week, but I don't have 2011 weeks displaying in either my SVN or non-SVN accounts. I assume we need to call Starwood in this case?

Glorian

P.S. Beautiful dog, Denise!

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I click on "my units" and my week is listed, there is no "deposit" link to click on. Hasn't been since I opened my account. Week is voluntary resale, and was the week I used to open my II account. :(

Guess I need to contact II.

If you have a week available for deposit, choose the "exchange tab" and click on "my units," you will see a list of your weeks, and you can click on "deposit."

II doesn't know your week is reserved, so it should still show up in the Acct.

If it is not listed under "my units" it may have been "lost" in the Aug. rollover to the new rules and you will have to get it corrected. I am assuming you registered the week with II already and it's a voluntary/resale?

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I believe you have to call starwood now to deposit the week...

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Unless you have a problem of some kind, you should be able to do everything on line - just be sure your week is listed correctly before you deposit it. This is how my SDO 1-52 floating week is listed in my account:

Sheraton Desert Oasis - Gold Plus/Red
SI2
Unit: 1BED
Float 2010 (Float)
Available

Remember that you have until the last day of 2010 to deposit with no penalty.

Hey Denise,

Thanks for the tips. If I have an odd week, will II know to deposit the 2011 week? They used to know this with the old system, so assuming they would check with Starwood and find out?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey Denise,

Thanks for the tips. If I have an odd week, will II know to deposit the 2011 week? They used to know this with the old system, so assuming they would check with Starwood and find out?

Hi Denise - both and odd and even weeks will show by year, whether you own one or not. Just be sure you pick the right week to deposit. Even if you pick the wrong one, it is supposed to default to your next available week. Can you please let us know the details of your online deposit when you do it?

Hi Lisa - If the correct week is already registered in your Acct. and available for deposit, I am pretty sure you don't have to call Starwood. I know from the problem that I had with my fixed week, that Starwood has to verify all the weeks in your Acct. before they show up in you Acct., so that's already been done. After Starwood verifies the week, I think you are ready to deposit online. As I said earlier, my floating weeks have an active "deposit" button next to each of them.

Last edited:

NEGreyhound

TUG Member
Reaction score
Similar situation

I have had a similar situation this week. I did a request first on-line and paid the fee. I used a week I had reserved at SVR. First time I've done this on II. After reading a bit more on the discussions here I checked back on II and found the request had been canceled.
I called Starwood and they had to cancel my reservation and deposit the (a) week with II. Then I was able to do my request first transaction on-line with no problem. Now I'm a bit confused on another matter. Should I have just deposited the week for an exchange or was the request first option the correct one?:confused:

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had a similar situation this week. I did a request first on-line and paid the fee. I used a week I had reserved at SVR. First time I've done this on II. After reading a bit more on the discussions here I checked back on II and found the request had been canceled.
I called Starwood and they had to cancel my reservation and deposit the (a) week with II. Then I was able to do my request first transaction on-line with no problem. Now I'm a bit confused on another matter. Should I have just deposited the week for an exchange or was the request first option the correct one?:confused:

You can no longer deposit or request first the week reservation. What Starwood does is assign the week. Either you call Starwood to assign the specific week or they assume you mean the next available one. If you only have an existing reservation available, you must call to cancel that reservation and re-assign it to II.

The difference between assignment and deposit is that assignments can be reversed until you have a confirmed exchange or the clock runs out. Also, please note that the II website does not display your assignments online, but only temporary search placeholders. For this reason, you may be able to search first and do an instant exchange without an assignment. Then, you should call Starwood right afterwards to cancel your previous reservation and assign to II. Otherwise, your pending II confirmation may be cancelled.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Under the new rules, you need to cancel your reservation at your home resort before you deposit your week, before you do an "on-going" request, and before you do an instant online exchange. I would not try to make an exchange first, and cancel the reservation afterwards, because your exchange probably won't go through, and you may lose the exchange while you are waiting to get it straigtened out.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
DeniseM, when I called II to deposit my SDO week towards the end of last year, I was told that I need to contact SVO first.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Lisa - Was the week listed in your online II Acct.? Did you try to deposit it online?

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The week was listed online. Unlike my other weeks, 2009 SDO week did not have a "Deposit" button that I could select. The same thing is true for my 2010 SDO week. :(

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The week was listed online. Unlike my other weeks, 2009 SDO week did not have a "Deposit" button that I could select. The same thing is true for my 2010 SDO week. :(

So maybe that means that you had to call Starwood, because there was a problem with your deposit?

I have a contact with II who may be able to help you if you want to be able to deposit online. Click my name and send me a pm if you would like their contact info.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
II online is still broken under the new Starwood system

Despite countless phone calls since the new Starwood/II system rollout:

1. I cannot deposit online.
2. Unit assignments, where I call Starwood first to ask them to assign, never show up online within II.
3. I've been given generic placeholders for my units, but they only show the current year. I typically trade my stuff one year early. So, I can only search with 2010 placeholders, even though what I assigned was 2011.
4. I cannot complete most 'search first' exchanges online. I can do my searches with the generic placeholders, but when I click on the 'Exchange' button for the week I want, I get the error that the Unit is unavailable. (Some still appear to work within flex change window and/or less desirable trades, but those are never the weeks I am trying to say 'Yes' to).
5. I must always call the II agent and pay the extra $10 to get the desired exchange I saw. And, of course the week is still there, so it is not a timing, week on hold, kind of issue. I've seen this error often enough and done searches over to know better.

I've been told by II technical support that the reason for this is because you cannot do an instant exchange under the new Starwood system without a check-in date. They also require a check-in date to do a supplemental deposit. I was told that II treats ALL 'generic trade value' weeks as Request First, since they do not know the check-in date for the week I am trading. In fact, I just learned from tech support that all the II agents who completed the 'search first' exchanges for me actually entered them into the II computer as 'request first' exchanges. So, it appears we do not really have search first online exchanges anymore. I blame Starwood! :mad:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I've been told by II technical support that the reason for this is because you cannot do an instant exchange under the new Starwood system without a check-in date. They also require a check-in date to do a supplemental deposit. I was told that II treats ALL 'generic trade value' weeks as Request First, since they do not know the check-in date for the week I am trading. In fact, I just learned from tech support that all the II agents who completed the 'search first' exchanges for me actually entered them into the II computer as 'request first' exchanges. So, it appears we do not really have search first online exchanges anymore. I blame Starwood! :mad:

So does this mean that Starwood float units can not use a one bedroom to get an instant exchange into a two bedroom unit? Another downgrade.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
So does this mean that Starwood float units can not use a one bedroom to get an instant exchange into a two bedroom unit? Another downgrade.

What it has meant so far for me is that I need to call an II agent after seeing the instant exchange (but being unable to actually claim it). Then, I hope what I saw is still available and pay an extra $10 for the privilege of being delayed in my transaction by this required phone call. Now, I've learned the II Starwood desk agent actually enters it as a pending confirmation 'request first', so my troubles were more than just a website glitch. :crash:

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am getting confuse with this deposit thing. what is the difference between request first and search first?

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am getting confuse with this deposit thing. what is the difference between request first and search first?

When I say 'search first', I mean being able to go to my units on the II website and see if there is an instant exchange available that I want. In the past, you could do that regardless of whether you had already deposited the unit you were offering up in exchange or just sharing with II the reservation information for a unit you might choose to relinquish for a desirable instant exchange.

Under the new system, there are neither true 'deposits' nor 'request first' as they always worked in the past (and continue to work for non-Starwood II customers). Instead, there is this concept of 'assignment' and a new Starwood 'stealing our reservations' definition of 'request first'. Now it appears that instant online exchanges are broken too, without doing a 'supplemental deposit' (Don't get me started on that one... :mad: ).

IMHO, the bigger question is how long before the non-SVN owner class action lawsuit against Starwood?

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Under the new system, there are neither true 'deposits' nor 'request first' as they always worked in the past (and continue to work for non-Starwood II customers). Instead, there is this concept of 'assignment' and a new Starwood 'stealing our reservations' definition of 'request first'. Now it appears that instant online exchanges are broken too, without doing a 'supplemental deposit' (Don't get me started on that one... :mad: ).

Ok, may be a dumb question here, but can you make a request first with some impossible trade (i.e. Maui for New Years week only at WKORV). Once that ongoing search is in the system, would you then be able make instant exchanges as we used to?

Glorian

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, may be a dumb question here, but can you make a request first with some impossible trade (i.e. Maui for New Years week only at WKORV). Once that ongoing search is in the system, would you then be able make instant exchanges as we used to?

Glorian

I don't know. It might be worth a try (need to select at least 3 weeks and/or resort combo online and you cannot limit check in day of week). Let me know how that goes.