• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attaching MR Numbers to II/Marriott Confirmations [2013/Ongoing]

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I recently emailed Marriott to add my MR number to my upcoming reservation at Aruba Ocean Club, they said because II owns the reservation it is not possible to add it until I check in.....

I struck out on the email method also. It isn't because they can't add the number (except in rare situations like that which saintsfan mentioned), it is that they won't add it.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I struck out on the email method also. It isn't because they can't add the number (except in rare situations like that which saintsfan mentioned), it is that they won't add it.

We just went on the Marriott's web site and requested our up coming stays be added. No problems.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you stayed there before? Perhaps the resort added it? I did have that happen with a last minute exchange to Marriott's Ko Olina when I was already on site.

I have stayed at OceanWatch several times on Interval trades so they would have my Marriott rewards number.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We just went on the Marriott's web site and requested our up coming stays be added. No problems.

So did you send an e-mail through the website? Years ago it was possible after pulling up your reservation to click a link to systematically add the number to the reservation. That link stopped working for a while and then the link was removed all together.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

Where the e-mail failed, the Gold Elite reservation line was a success.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I have two upcoming MVCI reservations that I got through II. I called the Guest Services number on my Gold Elite card to see if they would add my MR number. The agent was able to add one of them but not the other. This all seems so random.

Ray

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
I have two upcoming MVCI reservations that I got through II. I called the Guest Services number on my Gold Elite card to see if they would add my MR number. The agent was able to add one of them but not the other. This all seems so random.

Ray

Was the one that failed a very recent exchange? I find that sometimes it hasn't worked through the system yet. I have 100% success with Plat line if I wait two weeks after exchange. Less time than that, I hit road blocks.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Was the one that failed a very recent exchange? I find that sometimes it hasn't worked through the system yet. I have 100% success with Plat line if I wait two weeks after exchange. Less time than that, I hit road blocks.

No it was from February. I decided to try the Gold Reservations line. The representative at first said "Oh is that a MVCI reservation? Most times we can't modify those and you will need to call MVCI, but I will give it a try." She was then able to add my MR# to that one as well. So I am all set now, but I sure do not get what the problem/confusion is.

Ray

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is totally random.
We have 5 Interval exchanges this year.
For 4 of these they added our MR number straight away with no problem at all.
For the 5th I will just have to try a different email contact or phone the Platinum help line.

Sending an email to internet.customer.care@marriott.com always used to work for us.
Now they seem to have started replying with
"The Customer Care team at Marriott Vacations Worldwide will be happy to address your needs and concerns. I forwarded your message to Marriott Vacations Worldwide. You should be hearing from them shortly or you may also contact them directly by using one of the following:......"
then MVWCCRequests@vacationclub.com reply
"Thank you for contacting Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care Department. Your Marriott Rewards number cannot be added to the requested reservation until check-in because your reservation is an Interval International exchange reservation. Please provide your Marriott Rewards number upon check-in to the resort...."

This is total madness!

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's a fairly new exchange, go to Marriott.com's reservation lookup, enter your name, confirmation number and check-in date, and click Find. If it's already been changed to your name, it'll show up there (and you can try any of the many ways of contacting Marriott to get your MR# added). If it doesn't show up yet, it hasn't been transferred into your name yet, so there's nothing Marriott can do (yet). If it's been very long and it still doesn't show up, there might be something wrong.

The only thing I've found that definitely prevents adding your MR# is if someone else has already added their MR# (like if they got an exchange, added their MR#, then cancelled).

Other than that, failure to get the MR# added is just because you've reached someone who either doesn't want to, doesn't know how to, or thinks they aren't supposed to. In that case, just try again with someone else.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's a fairly new exchange, go to Marriott.com's reservation lookup, enter your name, confirmation number and check-in date, and click Find. If it's already been changed to your name, it'll show up there (and you can try any of the many ways of contacting Marriott to get your MR# added). ...

That is a very good point Michael.
My latest exchange did come through no more than a week ago.
It does show up in my name via the method you suggest and it was only this morning that I received the email saying they could not add my MR number.
I guess it is just possible that it was only changed to my name today, although that is probably unlikely.
It does give me encouragement when now trying the other contact points.
One other interesting thing I noticed on the reservation is that it shows
(7 nights, BULK DEPOSIT MINI) and it is for 31st October, so it looks like in this case bulk deposits are coming through just over 4 months ahead of check in date.

Last edited by a moderator:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
It could be a total coincidence and the Interval exchange reservation really had just been changed to my name today, but I sent an email to Marriott UK Customer Care today requesting my MR number be added.
Lo and behold, it was done almost immediately with a new confirmation email and a personal email asking how else they could help me.
Now that is what I do call excellent service.

marisajo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Surf Watch
Marriott's Harbour Club
Marriott's Grande Vista
I just called the platinum line with my reservation and she added it to my rewards account no problem.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
As a normal course of action, I try and add my MR number into any II exchange or getaway when they are first booked. I am 50/50 on being successful and the reason I do it is to see the reservation in my online account. An interesting thing recently happened. I exchanged 2 non Marriott banked weeks into consecutive week stays at the Surf Club. Circumstances required me to cancel and re-trade one and the other I let my brother-in-law and his wife use. I actually switched it to their name as not to have a problem.

a few days after the first week was over, I noticed 7 nights were added to my night stays. I looked at the reservation for the second week that was in my account and it showed the name of my brother-in-law and had in progress. After it was over, I did not get credit for that stay.

The credit rules as stated requires the MR member to occupy the room to get credit so I should not have gotten credit for either. This was the first time this has happened so I was curious and willing to loose the 7 nights in order to understand what happened. I found the II confirmation send for the first week, copied the MR reservation number and called Marriott. It appears that the Marriott reservation stays with the unit no matter how many times II confirms that week. Since my number was added, unless the new occupant adds their own MR number during check in or out, my MR number stayed with the record. The MR reservation actually had the new name and my number. My bother-in-law is not a Marriott member so my MR number stayed in the record also. The Marriott person said this is the reason exchanges (or getaways) are not suppose to have the MR number put in until check in.

I asked the person from Marriott Rewards why would one go through not the other. I was told that it should have been caught by the resort both times and if not the resort, an automated process. He didn't know what happened to allow it to pass both checks. I was going into this expecting the night credits to be taken away but he did not.

I asked if I rent out my week that I own, do I still get credit. I know the answer was no but I asked the question anyway. The answer was no. I rent my HHI unit frequently and I have always gotten credit. In my rental agreement, I put in the MR number will not be replaced. As of now, no one has replaced my number. Not sure why I get the nights credit but I won't complain. I didn't ask him to look into this.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... I asked if I rent out my week that I own, do I still get credit. I know the answer was no but I asked the question anyway. The answer was no. I rent my HHI unit frequently and I have always gotten credit. In my rental agreement, I put in the MR number will not be replaced. As of now, no one has replaced my number. Not sure why I get the nights credit but I won't complain. I didn't ask him to look into this.

You're not the first TUGger to say that your rental agreements include something about MR Numbers not being changed by the renters. Be aware, Marriott is under no obligation to abide by the terms of any rental agreements between you as the owner and your renters. The front desk will make the change if a renter requests to have his/her MR Number attached to the stay at check-in, and you'll have no recourse through Marriott.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
You're not the first TUGger to say that your rental agreements include something about MR Numbers not being changed by the renters. Be aware, Marriott is under no obligation to abide by the terms of any rental agreements between you as the owner and your renters. The front desk will make the change if a renter requests to have his/her MR Number attached to the stay at check-in, and you'll have no recourse through Marriott.

The rules are clear and if I did not get credit, I would not complaint. I put this in the rental agreement more as a request to the renter.

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
Old thread but .............

I tried what's recommended, an email to Customer.care@vacationclub.com last night.

This morning I had a reply, from MVWCCRequests@vacationclub.com:

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care Department. Your Marriott Rewards number cannot be added to the requested reservation until check-in because your reservation is an Interval International exchange reservation. Please provide your Marriott Rewards number upon check-in to the resort.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxx

What's your experience recently?

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the Gold Line yesterday.. no issues, added right away.. There are alot of lazy folks in Marriott Customer Service. It clearly can be done, they just choose not too..

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I called the Gold Line yesterday.. no issues, added right away.. There are alot of lazy folks in Marriott Customer Service. It clearly can be done, they just choose not too..
From most people's experience, its the opposite. Due to issues with II confirmations, and the inability to "unattach" the MR number if the exchange is cancelled or changed, the policy is to not add them to II exchanges. But many agents still do.

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you wait 1-2 days after the confirmation PDF comes, there should be no issues as long as the names match.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you wait 1-2 days after the confirmation PDF comes, there should be no issues as long as the names match.

Like David says, there can still be issues no matter which method you try. According to MVW execs none of the reps are supposed to do it because of the IT system's limitations and the problems that result from II-designated intervals having their usage changed subsequent to an MR number being attached to them. All of the reps don't follow that directive, obviously, but if you get one who refuses to attach the number then you're actually talking to one who is processing correctly.

oldman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently stayed at KoOlina and had two weeks both with my MR# on them. They are only crediting me with one of the weeks as a "stay." Anyone have this issue before? It's nice to get the "nights stayed" credited for Platinum purposes.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I recently stayed at KoOlina and had two weeks both with my MR# on them. They are only crediting me with one of the weeks as a "stay." Anyone have this issue before? It's nice to get the "nights stayed" credited for Platinum purposes.

If the weeks were consecutive you should get Elite Night credits for all 14 nights. If they were concurrent, only 7 nights.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have any overlap?

Back in May, I had three weeks. There was a one day overlap between two of the weeks. They put my MR# on all three. I automatically got credit for two. I had to call (Platinum Customer Service) to get credit for 6 nights of the third stay.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think we have come full circle. Where the phones weren't working, people turned to the customer care email. Now that doesn't seem to work, and calling Marriott Rewards seems to be working.

It does seem that MVCI official policy is to not add a MR number to an II exchange confirmed reservation.