• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Barbados Crane resale question

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Are Cranes RTU or deeded?

Is there a Hilton Grand Sales office onsite where you can get Elite credit for a purchase similar to Gulf Coast affiliates?
I placed a request on the HGV website and someone from the sales office at the Crane emailed me back. Waiting to connect with him by phone.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I placed a request on the HGV website and someone from the sales office at the Crane emailed me back. Waiting to connect with him by phone.
That is going to be a developer purchase.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
That is going to be a developer purchase.
Yes I want to hear what they are offering if they will allow me a visit. The resales are also expensive.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Nothing to add except to say we loved this resort. Went June 2012.

At that time they were just building the non oceanfront units behind the Residence by the Sea; believe the top floors of those buildings were going to have ocean views
TSing for 22 years and this is probably our favorite/nicest exchange.

It is fixed week fixed unit ownership or at least it was before HGVC.
We met a lovely lady from Great Britain who owned two week in June and two around New Years in the one bedroom ocean view with pool.
All I can say is WOW. We stayed in a one bedroom ocean view Deluxe.
We have always meant to go back, maybe next year.

Good luck @Red elephant and I hope you get what you want.

1 Bedroom Ocean View & Pool - Residences By The Sea (1L2)
Size 2,012 sqft Accommodates 4 guests
This one-bedroom, two-bathroom deluxe suite is situated on the ground floor and features ocean views and a private infinity-edge pool. The roomy living room includes a sofa, sofa bed, cable TV and dining table. The primary bedroom has a hand-crafted, four-poster, king-size bed, as well as cable TV and a writing desk. The kitchen is fully equipped with a fridge freezer, ice dispenser, oven, stove, utensils, microwave and dishwasher. The primary bathroom includes a spacious wardrobe and dressing area, Jacuzzi tub, separate toilet room, spa shower and double vanity. The guest bathroom features a vanity, toilet and shower. A large ground-floor terrace with sun loungers, an outdoor dining table, umbrella and seating for six overlooks the ocean. A washer and dryer are included in the suite

1 Bedroom Ocean View Deluxe – Residences By The Sea (1BP)
Size 1,176 sqft Accommodates 4 guests
The one-bedroom, two-bathroom, ocean view suite with large balcony and sun loungers, chairs and table features a full kitchen with a fridge freezer, large dining table, ice dispenser, oven/stove, microwave and dishwasher. The bedroom includes a four-poster, king-size bed, cable TV, and a writing desk. The primary bathroom includes a spacious wardrobe and dressing area, Jacuzzi tub, separate toilet room, and spa shower and double vanity. The guest bathroom features a vanity, toilet and shower. A sofa, sofa bed, and washer and dryer are included in the suite.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s right of refusal. I’m a bit worried as today she said it is moving to RCI points. I hope they didn’t put more money in. At least they use what they own. I will be pushing them to try and sell their weeks but she feels they still have 8 or so years to go. We’ll see. she thinks they bought in 06 or 07 so it’s close to 20 years at least.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Nothing to add except to say we loved this resort. Went June 2012.

At that time they were just building the non oceanfront units behind the Residence by the Sea; believe the top floors of those buildings were going to have ocean views
TSing for 22 years and this is probably our favorite/nicest exchange.

It is fixed week fixed unit ownership or at least it was before HGVC.
We met a lovely lady from Great Britain who owned two week in June and two around New Years in the one bedroom ocean view with pool.
All I can say is WOW. We stayed in a one bedroom ocean view Deluxe.
We have always meant to go back, maybe next year.

Good luck @Red elephant and I hope you get what you want.

1 Bedroom Ocean View & Pool - Residences By The Sea (1L2)
Size 2,012 sqft Accommodates 4 guests
This one-bedroom, two-bathroom deluxe suite is situated on the ground floor and features ocean views and a private infinity-edge pool. The roomy living room includes a sofa, sofa bed, cable TV and dining table. The primary bedroom has a hand-crafted, four-poster, king-size bed, as well as cable TV and a writing desk. The kitchen is fully equipped with a fridge freezer, ice dispenser, oven, stove, utensils, microwave and dishwasher. The primary bathroom includes a spacious wardrobe and dressing area, Jacuzzi tub, separate toilet room, spa shower and double vanity. The guest bathroom features a vanity, toilet and shower. A large ground-floor terrace with sun loungers, an outdoor dining table, umbrella and seating for six overlooks the ocean. A washer and dryer are included in the suite

1 Bedroom Ocean View Deluxe – Residences By The Sea (1BP)
Size 1,176 sqft Accommodates 4 guests
The one-bedroom, two-bathroom, ocean view suite with large balcony and sun loungers, chairs and table features a full kitchen with a fridge freezer, large dining table, ice dispenser, oven/stove, microwave and dishwasher. The bedroom includes a four-poster, king-size bed, cable TV, and a writing desk. The primary bathroom includes a spacious wardrobe and dressing area, Jacuzzi tub, separate toilet room, and spa shower and double vanity. The guest bathroom features a vanity, toilet and shower. A sofa, sofa bed, and washer and dryer are included in the suite.
Thank you for your input . I may just have to pay and stay there if I don’t get a package . It’s just too expensive to by even resale without seeing it.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I don’t know if it’s right of refusal. I’m a bit worried as today she said it is moving to RCI points. I hope they didn’t put more money in. At least they use what they own. I will be pushing them to try and sell their weeks but she feels they still have 8 or so years to go. We’ll see. she thinks they bought in 06 or 07 so it’s close to 20 years at least.
Does this mean it’s not going to be HGVC points anymore? I thought it was already part of RCI.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for your input . I may just have to pay and stay there if I don’t get a package . It’s just too expensive to by even resale without seeing it.
You can stay elsewhere on the island and do a presentation. Or of course rent on property.

IMG_1745.png

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I randomly put in dates. But you might want to check out rentals anyway.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
FWIW...This property may be similar to Elara or Trump resorts in that there are possibly Crane ownerships that are HGVC and non-HGVC ownerships that are legacy with another developer and may only be for the specific week. You may need to dig into this to know the difference when it comes to resales.

If you get a copy of the governing documents, please share here on TUG. I would be curious as to how the properties are chartered.

Is the currency rate 1:1 to USD so you are not subject to fluctuating currency rates?

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
FWIW...This property may be similar to Elara or Trump resorts in that there are possibly Crane ownerships that are HGVC and non-HGVC ownerships that are legacy with another developer and may only be for the specific week. You may need to dig into this to know the difference when it comes to resales.

If you get a copy of the governing documents, please share here on TUG. I would be curious as to how the properties are chartered.

Is the currency rate 1:1 to USD so you are not subject to fluctuating currency rates?
No I believe it is 2:1 USD and it’s been like that for a long time.
I am going to have to make sure that what I am getting is part of HGVC .
Someone on this thread just bought a week there in 2023 maybe they can tell us.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Does this mean it’s not going to be HGVC points anymore? I thought it was already part of RCI.
@Tacoma already indicated their friends purchased 10-15 years ago, before HGVC started selling Crane (2018 from reply #2) so obviously not HGVC points units to begin with.

As you stated above, be careful what you purchase.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
@Tacoma already indicated their friends purchased 10-15 years ago, before HGVC started selling Crane so obviously not HGVC points units.
Someone else just purchased in 2023 on this thread not sure what they bought but the sales man emailed me so it’s both. For resale I just need to make sure I am getting HGVC.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Apparently they have fractional ownership at the crane where in my case you have fixed week 1 bedroom ocean view. Any one heard of this?
Below is explanation .
“There is some flexibility with this option, as your fixed period of ownership can be banked for points to use at a different time of year if you cannot come; or in order that you may use those points at one of our affiliate resorts. External bookings are done through Encore Club for direct exchanges (no internal costs for this). You can view the affiliate resorts available for exchange by logging into www.encore.club. We do not charge for exchanges!!”
This is $26,000 with MF of $1816 for a February week.
Resales are not far off from that.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
They also mentioned this which I have never heard of before.
“Your Fractional ownership allows you to pass on your investment from generation to generation, to sell it externally, or via our internal member base as you prefer. The developer has committed to the return of funds invested now; should you decide that you no longer wish to hold on to your ownership here and have paid for it in full. The funds are placed on an internal account where you may charge future holidays at the retail rate for bookings onsite or with one of our affiliates. You have nothing to lose here and much to gain by saving on your holidays. “