• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best room @ Westin Cabo?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which one-bedroom unit do you suggest to ask for? Does the resort have any transportation into either Cabo or San Jose? What shuttle company does the Westin sugggest and do they get a better rate if booked through the resort? Any other ideas about the Westin would be so much welcomed.
TIA

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
It has been a few years since we stayed at the Westin, but as I recall just about all the units will have a great view of the ocean. The buildings are on a hillside. Be sure to go to the ground level of the building where you stay if you need to do any laundry, because they had free washers and dryers down there.

I'd recommend that you rent a car for your stay at the Westin. It is rather isolated and the restaurants onsite were kind of pricey. You'll pay a lot in cab fare to go to Cabo or San Jose. There's a public bus on the main highway but it's kind of a hike to get down to the road from the Westin.

You could rent the car at the airport, take the toll road, and where it comes out on the main highway is a large grocery store. The Westin is not far from that intersection to the right.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Get a car

We spent a night at the Westin last week before transferring to the Pueblo Bonita Sunset Beach. We rented a car from Avis for the week (6 days) that came to $240 total. We found that much more convenient.

And BTW, the Westin is on the LEFT as you come from San Jose Del Cabo.

I second the views as they are all good.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
And BTW, the Westin is on the LEFT as you come from San Jose Del Cabo.

Just to clarify my post above--When coming from the airport on the toll road, you will come to the main highway that runs between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, and it will be an intersection with a stoplight. You would take a RIGHT at that intersection. It is then a short distance to the Westin which is on the left side of the highway.

rlblack

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All units are ocean view- and have pluses and minuses- in my opinion- some folks like to be close to the ocean- others like the view over all the units- some like the middle- close to the pool is nice- up higher can be quieter- there is no bad room or view at the resort. The sand is back on the beachs which is nice-

I would agree that you are best off having a car. Avis, rented via thier internet site appears to be the best price, since it includes the manditory insurance required in Mexico. We normally did valet parking- and the bellhops were wonderful.

We never took the toll road, we always enjoyed the sites along the local road.

You will want to get some groceries - if nothing else - snacks, breakfast food, drinks- and the like. You can drink the water out of the tap- but we prefer to buy bottled water- purchasing on site- is very expensive- There are two large grocery stores on the main highway. The first one seems to have more "local foods" and less english is spoken there. But thier produce is great- the one down the road- next to the "great big yellow statue" is more like a huge wal-mart. But is very good too.

We enjoyed San Jose del Cabo the most- less traffic- more of a local Mexican laid back flavor.

Hope you enjoy your time there - rlb

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We enjoyed San Jose del Cabo the most- less traffic- more of a local Mexican laid back flavor.

Hope you enjoy your time there - rlb

We agree completely this (and is also a big part of why we prefer PV to Cabo). If you have a car, make the drive to Todos Santos. That was my favorite part of the week we spent in Cabo.

When we get back there again, I want to take the entire - Cabo - Todos Santos - La Paz - Cabo.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you have a car, make the drive to Todos Santos. That was my favorite part of the week we spent in Cabo.

When we get back there again, I want to take the entire - Cabo - Todos Santos - La Paz - Cabo.

I think it must depend on the time of year that you make the trip to Todos Santos. We went in August and found very little to get excited about. Many of the shops were closed, it was very quiet with few people around, and we saw about the same souvenirs that were available in Cabo.

I do, however, encourage people to go to LaPaz. It was very interesting. I think it's a bit much for a day trip, but if you can spend a night or two it's worth the time. It was fun to take the eastern route up there and western route back as the topography is quiet different on each side of the peninsula.