• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Reaction score
I bought into BG on April 23 and felt alright about it originally. Was 28k for like $2,700. Had a wonderful vacation and was thinking this would be a great way to go on vacations. However, after reading reddit posts I feel like it might not be a good purchase. I do see on line 17 of the program confirmation that I signed that "this purchase is final and that you may not cancel your BG ACCESS+ purchase". Am I stuck and should just forget the reddit stuff?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought into BG on April 23 and felt alright about it originally. Was 28k for like $2,700. Had a wonderful vacation and was thinking this would be a great way to go on vacations. However, after reading reddit posts I feel like it might not be a good purchase. I do see on line 17 of the program confirmation that I signed that "this purchase is final and that you may not cancel your BG ACCESS+ purchase". Am I stuck and should just forget the reddit stuff?
Not familiar with 'BG Access+'. If it's a timeshare, there MUST be a, rescission allowance and printed timeframe to do so. It's required by state law. Now if this is a one-time buy-in of a vacation meant to give their sales staff another shot to try to sell you a TS, it might not allow rescission.

Does this BG program require ongoing dues or membership fees, or are there consequences for transferring it to someone else- like on Craigslist or similar?

I think you just bought yourself a membership to a travel club. If this be the case, they don't want it back.

Jim

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Is BG short for Bluegreen?
If so, we have a Bluegreen forum. See below

Last edited:

CaliSunshine

TUG Member
Reaction score
You need to go to the post office TODAY and send out a certified letter rescinding. Generally the rescission timeline is 5 days.

CaliSunshine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Double check the contract for rescission clauses. If there isn’t one just mail certified letters to every address listed on the contract and make copies. As a previous commenter has said if it is a timeshare they are required by law to let you rescind.

CaliSunshine

TUG Member
Reaction score
i don’t care what they call it. If it talks like a timeshare and quacks like a timeshare then you have the right to rescind. But you only have a certain number of days to do it. Do yourself a favor and do it today.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
The pricing you are posting does not make sense.
BG points cost $3.50-$4.00 per point.

Please take a look again at what you purchased.

Did you happen to buy a sampler package where in the next year you can take 2-3 trips to “try it out?” If so, that is not refundable

From an earlier TUG post
"
Paragraph 8 of "Sampler Program Terms and Conditions" says:
"Cancellation/Refund and Value of Benefits.
This Agreement is not subject to cancellation by Member."

and then in "Bluegreen Vacation Club Value Sampler Program Confirmation Interview" line 15 says:
"You understand that this purchase is final and that you may not cancel your Sampler purchase."
my wife and I had to initial that line. That's the one that I announced that I did not believe that I could sign away my rights like that."

If you did buy into the BG Vacation Club you need to rescind TODAY. After you do some research to find out if this works for you, the deal will always be there.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@cautionflammable - I googled around a bit more and found this info. The person had attended the sales meeting and when they said no, were offered a sampler package.

“The manager did come back over before we left with an offer to buy 24,000 points for $3,000. Given the examples they used in the presentation and our ability to plan travel around place and price, that was actually probably a good enough deal (and maybe I could have negotiated it further). “

These are one time use points that to use over-a year or 18 months and at the end they rope you into another presentation. This seems in line with what you paid.

So enjoy your points and your stays and be happy you did NOT buy into the BG Vacation Club.

Reaction score
Sorry everyone I was in bit of a rush this morning for a wedding. I was able to call the bluegreen owners hot line and was told to go ahead and submit a rescension to coorporate salea. Went to the post office and submitted a letter using a template i found on here along with copies of the documents I signed on Christmas mountain.

The access+ I think is a sampler program where ypu get 28k points and you pay roughly 3000 for it. However I financed it so as someone said it kind of quaks like a timeshare imo.

Worst case I just use the points, best case I get my 300 dollars down payment back.

Reaction score
So I wanted to give a bit of an update.

So on 4/27/24 I spoke to Bluegreens owners help line and she told me Wisconsin does not have limit for the recension period ⛳
She also could not confirm if the sampler was immune to the recension, due to that last line in the contract ⛳

I was able to submit it all with certified mail using this template

April 27,2024

My name
My Address

To: Bluegreen Resorts

Contract reference number: xxxxx

Attention customer service,

This letter is to inform you that we want to exercise our right of rescission to cancel our contract immediately that was purchased on April 23 of 2024 at the Bluegreen Vacation Preview Center in Christmas Mountain, Wisconsin, contract reference number xxxx, in accordance with the laws of the state of Wisconsin. We want a full refund of the initial deposit amount of $300 that was paid with a visa card ending with xxxx. We also do not authorize any future additional charges to our bank account or credit card.

All items that were given to us from the purchase included except the information book as I was informed via owner customer support I did not need it in this package (can be returned if needed) .

Sincerely,

Will update when I have more information, but as of right now I am not too hopeful on this being refunded.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keep us posted. @cautionflammable
The below pertains to Timeshare purchase only.

"
Wisconsin law also includes a 5-day cooling-off period, which means that a purchaser can cancel a contract by giving the seller personal notice or mailing the notice to the developer."

Sampler packages do not have this protection.

Reaction score
I called the exit hotline number 1-844-757-6932. Another poster from "Positive Exiting Experience" posted this and figured it couldn't hurt to try and at least see if I could get a status update.
They did confirmed that they got my letter and after a brief hold I was also told that they where going to rescind and refund me as well. I was informed that the refund would take 20 days.

Now I want to point out that the woman made it seem like it was more so up to the department on whether or not they would allow this and not so much due to any right to rescind laws regarding time shares. I do not know if I believe that since I did finance it.

Lastly, I will post the steps I took just so others can maybe use this as a guide of sorts.

Key points:
  1. Wisconsin Time-Share Statues gives you until midnight on the 5th day to submit your recession and I submitted mine on day 5. [This was not a time-share, but I'm sure it helped]
  2. I used a template that I posted above in post #10 [taken from another users post]
  3. The delivery address I recieved from the Bluegreen Owner Help-line was
    • BlueGreen Vacation Unlimited Inc
    • Attention: Coorporate Sales Accounting Department
    • 4960 Conference Way North Suite 100
    • Boca Raton, Florida 33431-3311
  4. I used Priority mail so I was able to track it [This was suggested in another users post]
  5. The tracking told me it was delivered to a PO box down the street from the listed address, so if you see that then its been delivered.

I will do one final update after the refund is deposited.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called the exit hotline number 1-844-757-6932. Another poster from "Positive Exiting Experience" posted this and figured it couldn't hurt to try and at least see if I could get a status update.
They did confirmed that they got my letter and after a brief hold I was also told that they where going to rescind and refund me as well. I was informed that the refund would take 20 days.

Now I want to point out that the woman made it seem like it was more so up to the department on whether or not they would allow this and not so much due to any right to rescind laws regarding time shares. I do not know if I believe that since I did finance it.

Lastly, I will post the steps I took just so others can maybe use this as a guide of sorts.

Key points:
  1. Wisconsin Time-Share Statues gives you until midnight on the 5th day to submit your recession and I submitted mine on day 5. [This was not a time-share, but I'm sure it helped]
  2. I used a template that I posted above in post #10 [taken from another users post]
  3. The delivery address I recieved from the Bluegreen Owner Help-line was
    • BlueGreen Vacation Unlimited Inc
    • Attention: Coorporate Sales Accounting Department
    • 4960 Conference Way North Suite 100
    • Boca Raton, Florida 33431-3311
  4. I used Priority mail so I was able to track it [This was suggested in another users post]
  5. The tracking told me it was delivered to a PO box down the street from the listed address, so if you see that then its been delivered.

I will do one final update after the refund is deposited.
🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻