• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

cabo huricane resort damage report? [merged]

mmkcmo

Reaction score
Is the picture of the glass walls blown in the same place as the picture above it? I did see pics of people huddled in staircases one on top of the other. Each step two people with no ability to move around. Just horrible!

Yes that is correct. The room full of people in the prior picture is the same room that you see here destroyed. The windows started to give in and everyone rushed into a kitchen area...

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Wow. Thanks for posting. What a mess.

mmkcmo

Reaction score
Our friends were stuck in San Diego (flew there from Mazatlan after being evacuated from Cabo). They should arrive home sometime late tonight. We plan to meet with them Sunday and I will get any other photos they were able to take then.

BarryD

Reaction score
After reading all these post and looking at pictures, we decided to cancel our trip to Cabo and re-booked Pueblo Bonita Emerald Bay in Mazatlan. Getting resorts and airline change was a challenge but pulled it off.

I can't say enough good things about Alaska Airline. One snag we had was that AAL does not fly from San Diego to Mazatlan, have to go to LA so we have to catch a commuter out of here to LA but that is operated by AA and it was going to cost 200.00 for both of us but somehow Alaska got that waived as well. So nothing out of pocket! :D

Glad of glad we switch because we are owner at Emerald Bay and it is SO beautiful.

:hi:

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe (2 weeks)
Marriott Ko Olina, Oahu, Hi. EOY
UVC, Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.EOY

lauelliott

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club???

Does anyone have any news, updates, pics, etc? Emails are unretruned and phonecalls unanswered.

The Sheraton on the property says they will be closed to at least 10/31 but they have no news about the timeshare.

We are so sad to see our beautiful resort and the people of Cabo in such a state.

Thx

Shermansf

Reaction score
Stephen

Any news on Villa del Palmar, Los Arcos? What about old the town and the area with many of the restaurants?

mmkcmo

Reaction score
Any news on Villa del Palmar, Los Arcos? What about old the town and the area with many of the restaurants?

If you happen to be on Facebook, you should search for and "like" the page titled "United 4 Baja". It provides a wealth of photos and updates on the situation in Cabo.

linz112284

Reaction score
nervous bride

I'm getting married in February in Cabo..... Can anyone tell me the extent of damage to Dreams Resort and Sunset d Mona Lisa restaurant?

Sundance

Reaction score
The Starwood Hacienda Del Mar hotel is not affiliated with the Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club - got an email from them this morning stating so, as I had inquired about rebooking our October stay to one of their sister properties per the announcement on their webpage. I have another email in to the Vacation Owner's side waiting to hear what they have to say about reservations in the immediate future...

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Even if by some miracle a resort is completely unaffected, everything around it has been affected: roads/restaurants/30,000 people with no homes/difficulties getting food/water/fuel into Cabo.

LoveCabo

Reaction score
Solmar Update

We booked a stay at Solmar All-Inclusive in Cabo for December 13-20th. I haven't heard any reports from Solmar about when the resort will be up and running again. Does anyone else have any information?

Thanks!

Lisa
:confused:

msalbnao

Reaction score
Royal Solaris

Does anyone have information on the Royal Solaris? We are suppose to go there on October 9th. Not sure if it will be safe to go.