• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Costco Alamo coupons have been extended

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A lot of us like the Costco Alamo deals - includes a free driver.

Just was doing my normal Kauai for January checks and noticed the coupon dates have been extended to the end of 2012.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Cool, thanks! I need to make a reservation for two islands in Hawaii for next June.

Dave

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bev-question

A lot of us like the Costco Alamo deals - includes a free driver.

Just was doing my normal Kauai for January checks and noticed the coupon dates have been extended to the end of 2012.

Hi Bev: I know we are missing each other by one week in Kauai, but are you willing to tell me what rate you are getting and with what company?

Currently (and made 9 months ago or so) we have the following:

Dollar Car Rental 12/26/11 at 4pm - 1/5/12 turn in at 10AM =
one week at $202.73 and 3 days at $32.75/day==Total $300.98 plus
fees of 126.64 for Grand total of $427.62

It's for a Compact and no extra driver. How does that compare with what you found?? Cathyb Thanks a bunch ;)

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am finding really good rates on hotwire right now for next May....$344-$411 for 2 weeks (including taxes) (Economy-full size respectively) for Lih

I usually don't like to prepay until much closer in to my travel but I am kind of thinking it won't get much better than this ( $13.95-$17.95/day plus tax)

Has anyone got better rates than this recently?

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I have a compact reserved for 02-15-12 to 02-29-12 through Dollar for
$452 including fees and taxes. Picking up at LIH. I've been checking for a
while and this is down from $525. I'll keep watching until the end.:D

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's worthwhile to book the lowest price when you first start looking and then keep looking. I just dropped the price on a 1 week rental for a compact in Las Vegas by $50 for my Nov. vacation.