• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cypress Pointe Resort what are the odds of getting first floor

Jay_G

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Orlando in early December. My Girlfriend and I will be flying and my parents if my mother is OK to travel will be driving down. My mother has had heart and lung problems (qua-bypass) and Pulmanary hypertension. She has handicap plates on her car but can walk fine for short distances.

Cypress Pointe Resort seems much better for us then the Sharaton Visina Resort or Villages that I was planning on booking. I like the 2 master bedroom plan of the 3 Bedroom units. I also like the idea of WiFi internet for $20 a week, it's proximity of disney and the volcano pool.

My mother will not need a handicap room, but she really shouldn't climb three flights of stairs every day. If they go to the theme parks she will get a wheel chair though she doesn't use one now. She doesn't spend all day walking around theme parks now either.

So if I book this what are the odds of getting a first floor room when I check in? or a 2nd floor room?

I'm also concidering booking 2 weeks though I haven't talked to my wife about that yet. I have enough weeks to exchange and there are two consecutive weeks available.

Thank You:hi:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Cypress Pointe Phase II Has Elevators.

Cypress Pointe Grandevillas (Phase II) has elevators in all the condo buildings, so if you can get a reservation over there, the 1st floor issue goes away.

Even though Phase I & Phase II are separate timeshares, they share certain facilities -- including the Volcano Pool & all other recreational features of both resorts.

But if wi-fi is a must, you'll need Phase I. (Phase II is dial-up.)

Plus, Phase I is Gold Crown while Phase II is still Silver Crown.

Elevators aren't everything.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ask for 1st floor - most likely you'll get it. While there are no guarantees management does their best to get guests what they request. And guess what? About 1/3 want 1st floor to avoid stairs while another 1/3 or so like the 3rd floor for the view or to not have anyone overhead. And quite a few want 2nd floor so they can be off the ground but not have too many stairs. It all seems to work out. If you just say ground floor and don't tie it to a location next to the forever wild area, the pool or ponds you stand a real good chance of getting it. It's the multiple requests - "Can I have the south side, facing the pond, 3rd floor to see the fireworks" - that are hard to fill. A mere 1st floor can usually be handled. Once you are in they like to keep you in the same unit if you stay two weeks to avoid the hassles of moving everything around.

Last edited:

Jay_G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I looked at the grandvillas but the renovated rooms in the other part seemed so much nicer. I think I will chance it. Mom could go up the stairs if she had to, and I figure if we ask there is a very high chance that we will not be on the 3rd floor.

On an almost unrealated note, Airfare went nutty since the last time I looked. Last time I flew to Orlando for $160 the time before it was around $120 this time the cheepest direct flight is over $300 and changing plains is over $260. Hopefully I catch a good deal when southwest starts selling for that time of year.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I watch airfares daily using sidestep, a search engine I found on Frontier's website. I have still found $140 RT flying out of Denver, which is not a cheap airport to fly anywhere. I never pay more than $210 for airfare, but most of the searches I do daily are showing airfares over $300. Just wait for a sale and be patient. United even has some great deals.