• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DEEDBACK TO HGVC - Free Gold HGVC - 5,440 Points - Las Palmeras, Orlando, FL

MNScott

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC Timeshare available for free, buyer to pay closing, transfer, and other fees (LT Transfers preferred).
Fully paid off, maintenance fees paid for 2023; 2024 due January 1st.

All 2023 points still available. Seller willing to pay half of 2024 maintenance fees and to save 2023 points to 2024 if transfer completes before the end of the year.

Las Palmeras, Hilton Grand Vacations.
5440 Points, 1BR, Annual, Gold Season.
Warranty deed shows home week as #21, Check-in Saturday.

2024 Fees/taxes - $1191.96, due January 1st, 2024.
2024 Club dues - $209.00

Shout out to all the TUG members and their useful information. While we had to pay off our original retail purchase, we did recind a MAX purchase after being pushed in to it during an owner's update (which is anything but) thanks to the posts here. After a long discussion, we've decided HGVC/RCI is not for us. Hopefully this timeshare and points system will be better for someone else here.

Bob61

Reaction score
Sent you a private message.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

MNScott

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available.

We've learned more about this process, and will pay the $89 Estopple and an additional $100 for LT Transfers (their non-refundable fee) ahead of ROFR request. If ROFR fails, recipient will have no costs. After ROFR has passed, we'll save 2023’s points (5,440 remaining) and pay 2024 MF (club fees/dues/taxes, $1400.96) given that closing will likely occur near or after the end of the year. Recipient to pay remaining closing costs, transfer/activation fees, and reimburse $418 of the 2024 MF.

DelaWoman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None.
Still available.

We've learned more about this process, and will pay the $89 Estopple and an additional $100 for LT Transfers (their non-refundable fee) ahead of ROFR request. If ROFR fails, recipient will have no costs. After ROFR has passed, we'll save 2023’s points (5,440 remaining) and pay 2024 MF (club fees/dues/taxes, $1400.96) given that closing will likely occur near or after the end of the year. Recipient to pay remaining closing costs, transfer/activation fees, and reimburse $418 of the 2024 MF.
Question: you stated home week was week 21 but check in is on Saturday. Is that Saturday prior to week 21 or Saturday at the end of week 21?

MNScott

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question: you stated home week was week 21 but check in is on Saturday. Is that Saturday prior to week 21 or Saturday at the end of week 21?
I'd be inclined to say it is the Saturday at the end of week 21. Checking in the HGVC app today, I see I can use the 'book home week' for weeks throughout 2024 as long as it starts on a Saturday. Availability shows 1/6, 1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 2/3, 5/4, 5/11, 5/18, 5/25, 8/31, 9/7 through 11/16.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Unless there is an indication that this is a fixed week, this week floats during Gold Season. Gold Season is week # 1-5,18-21, 35-50.
HGVC Calendar - https://d1m2ucn09z2f8d.cloudfront.n...1fcd9d/HGVClub-Vacation-Calendar-05122023.pdf

For potential resale owners,
The Annual Club Dues currently includes RCI Membership and access to Club Benefits such as Open Season Cash Rental Rates at Legacy HGVC Resorts (30 days before check-in).
This one-bedroom Gold Season week can be traded internally using points to any legacy HGVC resorts (for any room size/type, any season, any check-in date, 3-night minimum at most). For example, a HGVC studio and/or one bedroom in Vegas, Oahu, Big Island, Orlando, Carlsbad, South Carolina, Chicago etc.

From the HGVC Legacy Points Chart (link)

1700419224489.png

MNScott

TUG Member
Reaction score
After contacting HGVC on December 29th, 2023 (pfoliosvc (at) hgvc.com) regarding a voluntary surrender, I received a letter we were eligible for a return of this property. We filed the appropriate paperwork with them, and on March 2nd, I received a letter the process was completed.

This property is no longer available. Thank you to everyone who helped us to go through this process.

Kumo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LV tower 52 unit 3618 Elara
After contacting HGVC on December 29th, 2023 (pfoliosvc (at) hgvc.com) regarding a voluntary surrender, I received a letter we were eligible for a return of this property. We filed the appropriate paperwork with them, and on March 2nd, I received a letter the process was completed.

This property is no longer available. Thank you to everyone who helped us to go through this process.
I have HGV and would love to know how you did a voluntary surrender? I'm about to list this here for free myself. Whichever seems more preferable. I've never seen a give back option with them as I've tried multiple times to do so. Your feedback would be appreciated

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Thanks for the update :)

I have HGV and would love to know how you did a voluntary surrender? I'm about to list this here for free myself. Whichever seems more preferable. I've never seen a give back option with them as I've tried multiple times to do so. Your feedback would be appreciated
If it's a HGVC ownership (not Westgate) then contact pfoliosvc@hgvc.com. See this thread.

MNScott

TUG Member
Reaction score

I also had several back and forth with people in customer service at HGVC as well as their resale division, including asking about a surrender, with no mention of this option until alwysonvac reached out and brought the deed back thread to our attention.

We reached out to the deed back email address and asked for any forms / paperwork. I provided the property location, contract number, number of points, and that we wished to initiate a voluntary surrender of the ownership. There was an automated reply to our email, and the next we heard from them was a letter in the mail that they had evaluated our ownership and would accept a deed back. The ownership was fully paid off, all fees up to date with 2024 already paid. The letter included the next steps on the process.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Kumo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the update :)

If it's a HGVC ownership (not Westgate) then contact pfoliosvc@hgvc.com. See this thread.
Thank you for the reply and sharing the thread. Going to check out now. And yes it's a HGVC.
If I email them should I not post my timeshare for free? Or just do both to ensure getting out ?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thank you for the reply and sharing the thread. Going to check out now. And yes it's a HGVC.
If I email them should I not post my timeshare for free? Or just do both to ensure getting out ?
If you own a week with 5,440 points or less don't bother posting it here.
We have several already posted here for free.

Kumo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you own a week with 5,440 points or less don't bother posting it here.
We have several already posted here for free.
Ok thank you! yes it's under those points. I'll follow the advice from other thread you shared. And worst case scenario just stop paying as per that informal video. Very happy with a forum like this. Learning much just reading back and forth dialogue.