• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing KBV with RCI? [9/22 Update]

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We have decided not to use our 4, 2021 reservations:
- Has anyone deposited with RCI under the new regime?
- I have a good date reserved - can I deposit the actual reservations that I have in hand?
- Can I go directly to RCI or do I have to call Wyndham?

Last edited:

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
In the same vain, if we do not want to pay to join RCI, what are our options? We have already moved out weeks to 2022 due to the Covid problem. There should be some none cost options; after all, we are paying maintenance each year that we can not use the weeks.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
In the same vain, if we do not want to pay to join RCI, what are our options? We have already moved out weeks to 2022 due to the Covid problem. There should be some none cost options; after all, we are paying maintenance each year that we can not use the weeks.
Your non cost options are to use the week or rent it out or let it expire unused. You pay MF's whether you can use it or not that's they way it works.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You may not want to use your week - and I totally get that, but the resort is open and there is nothing stopping you from using it, except personal choice.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can try to rent out the reservation here. I don't believe you can deposit a reservation into RCI. You will have to cancel and then deposit the points or week to RCI.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have decided not to rent it because the renovations and lanai repairs will not be finished. It doesn't have any points - I will investigate further.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
We have decided not to use our 3, 2021 reservations:
- Has anyone deposited with RCI under the new regime?
- I have a good date reserved - can I deposit the actual reservations that I have in hand?
Aloha Denise,
We deposited our 2020 KBV OF weeks (not rci points) by calling the Wyndham reservations desk in Princeville. This does not mean that you cannot contact RCI directly. For instance, we deposited a late 2018 1b1b garden view unit with HTSE directly.
Jack

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you! Were you able to deposit a specific reservation?

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We had reservations that we first changed from early 2020 to late 2020 (November because it also coordinated a Shearwater week). We are on travel so I cannot look up when we threw in the towel, but it was relatively late in the year. Given all the circumstances, I was satisfied with the TPU received. From memory, we got 29 for KBV and 35 for the Shearwater.

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
This is all fine but we are not RCI and I don’t want to spend the bucks to join them. Whydham should be making provisions , other tHan their company RCI, because of Covid.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We’ve had this conversation before.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is all fine but we are not RCI and I don’t want to spend the bucks to join them. Whydham should be making provisions , other tHan their company RCI, because of Covid.

Wyndham already let you move your weeks to 2022. This was not a contractual requirement. I'm not sure how far you think they should go to accommodate you.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If this was implemented, every owner, of every timeshare in the entire world should receive some kind of compensation for their timeshare week, until COVID ends. How would that work?

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is all fine but we are not RCI and I don’t want to spend the bucks to join them..

It won't apply if you don't have a Wyndham points VOI but having one (even resale) is the other way to get a "free" RCI _weeks_ account. The catch is that the Wyndham program fee needs to be paid but then the paying member gets two ways to access RCI: (a) via Wyndham's portal to deposit Wyndham points and hence to search/book with them; and (b) a separate RCI weeks account to hold non-Wyndham and Wyndham-managed VOIs.

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Were you able to deposit a specific reservation?

Speaking from personal experience, yes. IIRC, we had week 52 reserved and this year was pro'ly three years before covid-19. That reservation was for personal use which became a rental which became an RCI deposit at more than 60 days before check-in. Had so many changes in our plans already and I didn't want to push my luck, or what's left of it. I remember getting TPUs in mid 30s.

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
It won't apply if you don't have a Wyndham points VOI but having one (even resale) is the other way to get a "free" RCI _weeks_ account. The catch is that the Wyndham program fee needs to be paid but then the paying member gets two ways to access RCI: (a) via Wyndham's portal to deposit Wyndham points and hence to search/book with them; and (b) a separate RCI weeks account to hold non-Wyndham and Wyndham-managed VOIs.
Can you explain this a bit more. You state “free accent” but say that the fee must be paid? My email is tom@mediapage.com if that makes it easier….. thank you.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Schenriq's info only applies to deeds that are enrolled in Wyndham POINTS, which requires a full-price purchase from Wyndham.

Last edited:

auntiepen

Reaction score
Wyndham gave me a free RCI platinum account to do the pic few years ago. Now I have 3 RCI accounts . I use one week account and points account to do the PIC. I still have so many RCI points that I’m not going to use to nail the covid situation is getting better. We used RCI for the timeshare in Southeast Asia in the past until now.

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
Wyndham gave me a free RCI platinum account to do the pic few years ago. Now I have 3 RCI accounts . I use one week account and points account to do the PIC. I still have so many RCI points that I’m not going to use to nail the covid situation is getting better. We used RCI for the timeshare in Southeast Asia in the past until now.
Nice, a past rep promised me one and never came through with it, just like RCI. I just dont think I want to spend hundreds of dollars to join RCI. I did that once and it was awful, back then.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's only about $100 to join RCI, but if you'd rather just lose your week, that's your call.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
Thank you. I DID call RCI and I’m working on it.

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you explain this a bit more. You state “free accent” but say that the fee must be paid?

Upon successful transfer of ownership of Wyndham points contract to your name (well, there's a week or so of delay post-transfer) you will have access to RCI weeks via your Wyndham login. In addition, Wyndham gives out a separate account# for an RCI weeks account which you access by direct login at rci dot com.

Program fee (akin to VSN fee) is billed in addition to your MFs and that fee covers the internal exchange (using Wyndham points as currency) and the two RCI accesses. So, free RCI access in a way but not entirely, hence the double quotes.

Also, this "free" (sorry, did it again) RCI account comes as a benefit even to resale owners. True when we bought our resale VOIs seven or so years ago. I'm ready to dump a Wyndham VOI the month after I start getting charged.

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sorry I have not deposited yet under the current management but when Grand Pacific was at the helm, I called RCI straight after having booked the week months ago. Our plans changed so many times that year.