• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Extra Marriot AC?

stratusnj75

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this is probably a crazy request, but nothing risked nothing gained. Any chance anyone out there has a Marriot AC that they may be letting go unused. It only needs to be good thru the end of this month. I saw something on the sightings board this morning I would love.

Devin

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
This may be a stupid question, but can ACs be given away to anyone, i.e. do they have your name on them?

It's been several years since we received one and we were never able to use. However, we now own platinum at ShadowRidge and may qualify for one in future years.

TIA

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you find someone who can use the AC, you can ask them to pay the AC charge and guest certificate fee. As long as you are not trying to profit from the AC, you can let anyone have it. All transactions would have to happen on the II acct which has the AC on it.

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So then it wouldn't be against any rules to continue to use this thread as a way for those having an AC that may go to waste to offer it up here? Kind of like freecycle, but with vacations! :)

gottspd

Reaction score
That's great that this is doable. I'd be a happy recipient of an AC. If you have an A/C that expires in March that you won't be able to use, let me know.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In my role as a moderator....

To clarify, only free requests or offers can be made in this forum. Offers or requests that involve a fee or that require another person to pay for any portion of the owner's expenses are considered to be ads and are not permitted.

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So if it's free in the sense that the person making the AC available is not making any money, but the person accepting it may have to pay fees to an exchange org, is that acceptable?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It's permitted by II, but not permitted in this or other TUG forums (except to the extent an ad fits within the rules of the Last Minute Rentals forum).

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's permitted by II, but not permitted in this or other TUG forums (except to the extent an ad fits within the rules of the Last Minute Rentals forum).

Dave, how come when I posted the exact same thing you removed the thread, at least I think you did????:ignore:

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The only post I removed was one seeking an AC and offering that to pay any costs, such as a Guest Certificate. As stated above, such an offer is not permitted on these forums.

It's a fine line. Take a look at the Advertising section of the Posting Rules (on the above blue bar) if you have questions.

lovearuba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Dave
Why isnt this type of post allowed on this forum? It seems reasonable to me. If II allows it then its not an issue for them so we cant be breaking any laws, it just seems like it would be a benefit for this forum, tuggers would be helping each other and no II rules would be broken. I am asking this question and not challenging your extensive knowledge, just trying to understand why the TUG rules included this as a restriction. I think it would be a huge benefit to being a tug member and having this advantage.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an AC they can't use?

Okay Dave, how's this?

Does anyone have a free AC that they can't use. I always use them. If you do have one (or two) could you please post it or send me a PM? Thanks a lot.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay Dave, how's this?

Does anyone have a free AC that they can't use. I always use them. If you do have one (or two) could you please post it or send me a PM? Thanks a lot.

Same request here. Anyone with un-needed AC's for me to use April 2009 use, please PM me .

Thanks!

- DAVE. hey, thought you were retired. See you are still keeping an eye out for my out-of-line requests !
:D

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you quitting Tug?

The only post I removed was one seeking an AC and offering that to pay any costs, such as a Guest Certificate. As stated above, such an offer is not permitted on these forums.

It's a fine line. Take a look at the Advertising section of the Posting Rules (on the above blue bar) if you have questions.

Hi Dave,
Did I miss a post? -- Are you retired from TUG? Or retired from your day job?? Or both??

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a nice little bonus II gives you for depositing a good week with them-

If you give Interval International a good week they give you a bonus week. The bonus week is called an Accommodation Certificate. You can use this certificate to reserve villas of any size if they are available. One of the best use of bonus weeks is in the last 60 days of a timeshares use date. At that time, called Flexchange, you can use your AC for ANY week you can find. All the best weeks are there if they have availability. Otherwise you are often relegated to using your bonus week in shoulder and off seasons. Which works for us since we're retired.

They are good for a year, and I think they cost $399 for a two bdrm, but I am not sure of the exact pricing. I just pay whatever it is since it is way cheaper than a maintenance fee.

Last edited:

ktrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any AC for December 2008?

If you have an AC good for December 2008 I would kindly take if off your hands.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What does AC stand for?....I am a new Marriott Owner
For details on how to get an AC, how to use it, how much it costs to use it and other useful info, please see this AC link from the FAQs for this Marriott forum. While you're at it, take a look at some of the other FAQ topics (located at the top of the list of topics for this Marriott forum).