• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Family of 5...

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Another way to stretch points (save up to 1/2) is by staying weekdays only.
I understand that avoiding weekends may not be possible for working peep.
However, for those of us retired peep, everyday is a Saturday, so...

I would second this recommendation. If cutting of 1 weekend night, and remember weekend in HGVC world is Fri, Sat & Sun) would drop off 20% of a week long stay of points.

Yes it sucks but Weekends are double the points from weekdays. So just using a 3 day weekend is going to be 60% of a full weeks stay. As weekend nights are 20% each and midweek nights are 10% each. You can always try to add open season weekend days if they are available.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If Open Season is not an option (OS for NYC properties is outrageous) we also use hotel points to reserve on weekends. We are extending a W57 weekday stay with a weekend free cert from a credit card for a suite at the new Conrad London in NYC a few blocks away. We are Diamond so get free breakfast too.

Not great to have to change hotels. But would rather have minor inconvenience and stretch another NYC weekday night out of our MF.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well from the top of my head I’m actually “glad” a studio only sleeps 2 and 1Br only sleeps 4. Why? As a DVC owner our dues are calculated by splitting the annual cost between the resort hotel and the DVC Resort.

How exactly the cost is split is unknown but the total occupancy during the year is used and on the DVC part of the resort calculations is made with the assumption that a booked room is always filled to maximum occupancy. As DVC is close to 100% occupancy year round the more of the cost Disney can ask the owners to pay.

If hgvc operates in a similar way hgvc owners would risk much higher annual dues if the occupancy limits was raised.

Jamills

Reaction score
I actually called HGVC about this for a stay in December, we were a party of 5 but with young kids 4, 2 and a newborn. HGVC stated that the max occupancy is 4 and that there was nothing they could do but suggested that I call the resort itself and see if they would be willing to make an exception as the baby would be in a playpen in the master. The manager at the resort was very accommodating given the age of our baby (2 months). If in doubt, give the resort a call! Best of luck with your sale :)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, and attitudes like this one are why they world is so messed up. Everyone out for himself or herself and the rest of the world be damned. There's no respect for anyone else. I hope that I don't have the unit next to yours with too many people crammed in against the house rules and the local law. Lord knows what other rules you've decided don't make sense to you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Kind of off topic but made me think of a flight we just took. Dd and I board and the overhead bin above us is full. We did mange to find a spot for her backpack a couple of row up. Everything else went under our seat leaving us no leg room. When we were getting off I realized why. The family of four sitting in the middle four seat used not only their overhead bin, but ours as well. They didn't bother using the overhead designated for them at the other end of their row and they had nothing under their seats. Jerks.

Guess you both missed my point since your posts are not relevant to what I said. I ignore rules when they clearly have no negative impact to others. In both the situations you mention, that is not the case, and I agree completely. Apples, meet oranges.

And, of course, the outraged people are never even 1MPH over the speed limit :)

Anyway, letting this go as it is my view, one that impacts no one, and is becoming more and more tangential.

One thing that is worth noting though- there is no entitlement to the bin over your row. That's up for grabs for anyone. All shared space. That does not excuse not putting smaller bag under the seat but, that aside, they have as much "right" to that space as you.

Respect for others is important. We all agree there.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Guess you both missed my point since your posts are not relevant to what I said. I ignore rules when they clearly have no negative impact to others. In both the situations you mention, that is not the case, and I agree completely.

One thing that is worth noting though- there is no entitlement to the bin over your row. That's up for grabs for anyone. All shared space. That does not excuse not putting smaller bag under the seat but, that aside, they have as much "right" to that space as you.

Respect for others is important. We all agree there.

Cheers.
My "point" was, they had two bins for their use. They chose not to use one of those and inconvenience others. But heck, if you're okay with that.......

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
My "point" was, they had two bins for their use. They chose not to use one of those and inconvenience others. But heck, if you're okay with that.......

Didn't say that, and I'm not.

Cheers.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
The family of four sitting in the middle four seat used not only their overhead bin, but ours as well. They didn't bother using the overhead designated for them at the other end of their row and they had nothing under their seats.

One thing that is worth noting though- there is no entitlement to the bin over your row. That's up for grabs for anyone.

OK, I'll bite....what kind of plane has assigned bins? Are these the wide-body jets?

I'm just used to single aisle aircraft, and I know there are no assigned bins on them. (Full disclosure here, I never use the bin above me, always those above the opposing seat group. I want to be able to see from my seat my 'priceless' possessions whenever someone opens the cover)

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
OK, I'll bite....what kind of plane has assigned bins? Are these the wide-body jets?

I'm just used to single aisle aircraft, and I know there are no assigned bins on them. (Full disclosure here, I never use the bin above me, always those above the opposing seat group. I want to be able to see from my seat my 'priceless' possessions whenever someone opens the cover)
I must have really bothered some folks by being annoyed about this. This plane was a 3 - 4 - 3 configuration. So the middle section has a over their seats and the side seats have a bin over them. They may not be assigned, but it was very annoying to get on the plane and find ALL of the bins close to us full.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
To continue off topic, some plane bins are assigned for classes of passengers, first for first only, then then premium section, directly in back of first usually have a sticker "These bins are reserved for Comfort Plus passengers only" etc. It is considered bad form, at least by me, to load up the bins in front of the plane with multiple items then saunter down to your seat in 43B. Then of course the miscreant in 43B is compelled to jump out of their seat as soon as plane touches down and push people out of the way, saying "Just trying to get my bag" as they climb over people to get up front, where, yes, their bag is. It is not illegal to behave in such a manner. Just as it is not illegal to consider they have proved themselves as a********s. Elderly and infirm are excepted.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I must have really bothered some folks by being annoyed about this. This plane was a 3 - 4 - 3 configuration. So the middle section has a over their seats and the side seats have a bin over them. They may not be assigned, but it was very annoying to get on the plane and find ALL of the bins close to us full.

Not sure I saw anyone bothered by this. Just some comments based on the situation. Yeah, I'd not have liked that either.

To continue off topic, some plane bins are assigned for classes of passengers, first for first only, then then premium section, directly in back of first usually have a sticker "These bins are reserved for Comfort Plus passengers only" etc. It is considered bad form, at least by me, to load up the bins in front of the plane with multiple items then saunter down to your seat in 43B.

On some airlines/flights the FAs actually enforce this. On others, not so much. Definitely bad form. If in coach, I use bins in coach, as should be done.

Cheers.