• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fiesta American Los Cabos - general questions

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death here in the past, but I have a couple of quick questions about the resort:
In regards to AI - I understand it is optional. We don't drink or eat enough to justify AI. Is it truly feasible to go it on your own here? Are food stores readily available?
Golf - is it like other Mexican resorts where it is priced very high? What are green fees? Are there ways to bring the price down?
What is the difference between this "Fiesta American Los Cabos" and the "Grand Fiesta American Los Cabos" other than AI is mandatory at the "Grand".
Are the towns easily accessible or are the cab fares and distances restrictive?
Is this a decent resort?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Love this resort! If you are in the Villas not the hotel, it is feasible to eat in the room because you have a kitchen. Hotel rooms do not have kitchens. Costco, Walmart and several comparable superstore Mexican chains are in the area.

If you don't have a car, you can arrange a grocery stop when you order a private limo from the airport. (You will want to arrange round trip in advance because of local taxi laws.)

You can also order online grocery delivery from https://www.pricklypearcabo.com/. We used them to replenish and met them at the lobby to get the groceries. They will not deliver to hotel guests so tell them you are in the "villas." Will definitely use again as their prices are reasonable.

Last edited:

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I stayed there a little over a year ago on AI, but I can answer a couple questions.
What is the difference between this "Fiesta American Los Cabos" and the "Grand Fiesta American Los Cabos" other than AI is mandatory at the "Grand".
You've noted the difference (AI required vs. not required). Other than that, you'll have access to the same restaurants, big pools, etc. I think there is a small pool at the Grand that has restricted access; I remember seeing a gate near a pool.
Is this a decent resort?
Yes! Read the TUG reviews. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. But I'm sure part of our enjoyment was the AI feature, which we had never done before at a resort. People generally agree that breakfast and lunch here are great, but dinner is just OK. The service level with AI was very good.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
You don't need to buy AI every day unless you are staying on the hotel side. Agree with @Janann, the dinner restaurants are slow service and not that good so I would not buy AI for those. Mexican or Seafood night is not bad. You can also buy a la carte which is what we did on our last visit.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Cab fares are high in Cabo and the resort is a long walk from the highway to catch the bus.

Consider renting a car. Not expensive and it’s very easy to drive in the area.

The difference between the two is Grand is hotel units and the other is Villas.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We stayed there in January. Lots of great restaurants for dinner in Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. We ate out every night and there was still more places we wanted to sample. Cab fare was well worth it for the great food and margaritas in town. (As I recall, about $25US each way to Cabo San Lucas and $35-$40US each way into San Jose del Cabo.) Didn't rent a car because we didn't want to risk driving in Mexico after a margarita or two with dinner.

We did the on site breakfast buffet every morning. Didn't do AI, just did room charge. Still a good value.

We wanted to play golf since the courses look beautiful, but for our skill level, the green fees were a little high. If we were a bit more skilled golfers, the courses looked to be well worth the price.

We loved the resort and will go back when we decide to go to Los Cabos again.

michaeltg

Reaction score
You don't need to buy AI every day unless you are staying on the hotel side. Agree with @Janann, the dinner restaurants are slow service and not that good so I would not buy AI for those. Mexican or Seafood night is not bad. You can also buy a la carte which is what we did on our last visit.

I generally agree with you on the dinner front, but we *did* enjoy Blu on a recent visit.

Also, thanks for your advice on a previous thread! It was a great trip, and even though we were there in January, the AI fee hadn't yet increased. Not sure how I would feel about paying more than what we paid.

For folks new to the resort, I would suggest doing AI for a few lazy days and opting out a few days for exploring outside the resort and enjoying the area.