• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Panhandle -- dates for spring break 2008 --

Diane

TUG Member
Reaction score
We would like to go to Destin or thereabouts in the spring of '08. I was there many years ago in April and liked it very much. As I remember, it got a little too hot for me after that.

Having once been a spring breaker there I would like to avoid them now. How can I find the dates when Panhandle beaches are likely to be crowded? Are there fewer spring breakers in Destin?

Thanks much,

Diane

wcfr1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not a question of when is Spring Break in the Panhandle, it's a question of how long do Spring Breakers from all over go there. Basically here in Florida from Mid February through April you can count on Spring Breakers filling the beach, hotels, restaurants, theme parks etc.

If you can wait until May you will have a much better chance of getting a good trade and missing the big crowds.

Jan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't worry--the beaches won't be that crowded. Water is still cold and most of the spring breakers head to Panama City Bch.
Jan

Diane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jan. How great that you live in Destin. How would you compare the weather there in April vs. May? Are the beaches similar to those in Panama City?

Good point, Lou, about spring break dates elsewhere being important.

Diane

spiceycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Towers @WDW
hey I would go in Sept - yes I know hurricanes - but the water is much better....

Jan

TUG Member
Reaction score
The weather is much warmer and predictible in May versus April. We've had it in the 80's almost everyday in May so far and they predict the same next week. May is still on the quiet side before the kids get out of school. Make sure you come before the very end of May or else you may get "June grass" on the beaches. It's a seaweed type stuff that isn't fun to swim in and can last all the way till July 4th. Our beaches here are beautiful! It's referred to the "sugar white sands" and that it is! I still feel it's heaven here. In 13 years that we've been here I've been down to Panama City maybe twice. To me, there's no comparison. Let me know if I can help you.
Jan :)

Diane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again, Jan. Are you familiar with the RCI timeshares in the area? Any you would particularly recommend, or warn against? Which airport do people generally use to get to Destin?

Diane

Jan

TUG Member
Reaction score
You would fly into Ft Walton Beach or sometimes fares are good in Pensacola. It takes about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to the Pensacola airport. Panama City airport is about the same as Pensacola. If you could pull Holiday Beach Resort thats nice and right on the beach. Sailfish is on the harbour and was totally redone after Hurricane Ivan. Majestic Sun is across the street from the beach and is a Fairfield Resort and outside of Destin towne. Club Destin is also across the street and has their own deeded beach access. They are with II. Really, there are no real duds in town for timeshares. And yes....Sept is really nice here.
Jan