• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Happy Aloha Friday

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Happy Aloha Friday. We did the Manta Snorkel Trip last night. We were scheduled for Wednesday but that got rescheduled because of the High Winds and Waves. Guess we got lucky because High Winds are returning today. There were lots of Mantas. Unfortunately Patti lost one of her Vision Corrected Lens that was installed just before our trip. She was able to grab the outer Gasket but missed the Lens. Each Lens is in its own Compartment. So she was able to see clearly from the other eye with only a little bit of leakage that she cleared a few times. Trip to a Dive Shop today. Our trip today to the top of Mauna Kea will likely have to be rescheduled due to High Winds.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Happy Aloha Friday from The Point at Poipu!!! We arrived last Saturday.

This was our first sunrise on Sunday morning.
2024-01-28%2006.48.10-X4.jpg

Tuesday the weather was perfect!
2024-01-30%2008.48.49-X2.jpg

Did my first activity Wednesday, the Keko Adventures Waimea Canyon Downhill Bike Ride. Highly recommended!

Yesterday, we saw our first rainbow.
2024-02-01%2015-24-58-X4.jpg

We hope it's not the only one. :cool:
Great shots Art!!

We had rain all last night. Hope you have some nice weather. I'm sure you will
They don't call it Sunny Poipu for nothing.πŸ€™πŸ»

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Happy Aloha Friday. We did the Manta Snorkel Trip last night. We were scheduled for Wednesday but that got rescheduled because of the High Winds and Waves. Guess we got lucky because High Winds are returning today. There were lots of Mantas. Unfortunately Patti lost one of her Vision Corrected Lens that was installed just before our trip. She was able to grab the outer Gasket but missed the Lens. Each Lens is in its own Compartment. So she was able to see clearly from the other eye with only a little bit of leakage that she cleared a few times. Trip to a Dive Shop today. Our trip today to the top of Mauna Kea will likely have to be rescheduled due to High Winds.
Sounds like it's been a great trip. Hopefully this storm passes fast.πŸ€™πŸ»πŸŒ΄

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Great shots Art!!

We had rain all last night. Hope you have some nice weather. I'm sure you will
They don't call it Sunny Poipu for nothing.πŸ€™πŸ»
Yesterday it was like the Tunnel of Trees was a weather portal. It was sunny in Poipu, but as soon as I went through the Tunnel of Trees, it rained all the way to Safeway. On the way back, in rained all the way until I got through the Tunnel of Trees where it was sunny again. When I parked the car, I saw the rainbow. :LOL:

Today it's windy, and a chilly 66, but it's sunny!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yesterday it was like the Tunnel of Trees was a weather portal. It was sunny in Poipu, but as soon as I went through the Tunnel of Trees, it rained all the way to Safeway. On the way back, in rained all the way until I got through the Tunnel of Trees where it was sunny again. When I parked the car, I saw the rainbow. :LOL:

I've had that same experience in that tree tunnel.πŸ˜€

71 here and sunny right now but supposed to rain on and off today.πŸ€™πŸ»

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu

How are the room refurbs progressing? They finished bldg 6 and started on a new bldg?

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How are the room refurbs progressing? They finished bldg 6 and started on a new bldg?
I saw Jamie, and she said that building 6 is done. They just need a little cleanup, and they'll start on the next building. I think it will be 3.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

caligal

Reaction score
Happy Aloha Friday from The Point at Poipu!!! We arrived last Saturday.

This was our first sunrise on Sunday morning.
2024-01-28%2006.48.10-X4.jpg

Tuesday the weather was perfect!
2024-01-30%2008.48.49-X2.jpg

Did my first activity Wednesday, the Keko Adventures Waimea Canyon Downhill Bike Ride. Highly recommended!

Yesterday, we saw our first rainbow.
2024-02-01%2015-24-58-X4.jpg

We hope it's not the only one. :cool:
Do you have a construction update. Which bui6 are currently being renovated and how's the parking situation

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you have a construction update. Which bui6 are currently being renovated and how's the parking situation
I started a thread here so more could see it.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!!! We enter into our busy season here at WaveCrest on Molokai. It looks like most of the snowbirds are back and enjoying the nice weather at the Cabana.

This week's picture takes us back to Maui in Kihei at The Maui Schooner. If you have been there before the pool area will look familiar. It's a great place to cool off and gather with friends and family day or night. It's nice that all the units are close to this area. It makes it convenient to use the BBQ's.

Enjoy and have an Awesome Aloha Friday and a Great weekend. πŸ€™πŸ»πŸŒ΄πŸŒΊπŸ˜Ž

2021-08-14_20-39-28_709.jpg

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning, slip, you are up early this Friday morning. Wishing everyone a Happy Aloha Friday.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!!!

Not many people may know it, but the parking lot for the Kukuiolono Park & Golf Course in Kalaheo, Kauai provides a scenic view of Port Allen.
2024-02-06%2011.54.00-X4.jpg

Have a Super weekend. :cool:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Happy Aloha Friday. We got back to the Bay Club from our 3 day trip to KMC last night. We had a wonderful time. We went over on the north route on Hwy 19 and back the southern route on Hwy 11. Both are beautiful drives. We stopped many places both on the way to KMC and back. For those that do not know (we did) the weather is totally different between the 2 sides of the Island. Plus at KMC you are at about 4,000 feet elevation. Weather is looking up on this side of the Island with the Winds reducing. Hope to snorkel today at Beach 69.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!!!

Not many people may know it, but the parking lot for the Kukuiolono Park & Golf Course in Kalaheo, Kauai provides a scenic view of Port Allen.
2024-02-06%2011.54.00-X4.jpg

Have a Super weekend. :cool:
We'll have to check that out on our next visit. Mahalo Art!πŸ€™πŸ»

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!!! February is flying by but we have an extra day this year. The whales have been active over the last few weeks. It is the peak time of year for them.

This week's picture takes us over to Kauai in Kapaa. Kenji Burger was featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. They have some great Japanese inspired burgers. Kenji Burger now has locations in Kapaa, Koloa, Kilauea and Lihue.

Enjoy and have an Awesome Aloha Friday and a Great Weekend!!!πŸ€™πŸ»πŸŒΊπŸŒ΄πŸ˜Ž

2020-02-24_16-56-48_596.jpg

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!!! Another food place in Kauai a TV show helped make famous was Puka Dog in Poipu..

They're still delicious. Here's their menu.

PXL_20240208_212046077~2.jpg

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!!! It's the last Aloha Friday in February and we move onto March. Spring is getting closer and soon everyone will be enjoying some nice warmer weather.

This week's picture take us back to Kauai in Kapaa along the ocean in front of the Pono Kai Resort. This view will look familiar to many of you who have visited Kauai and stayed at The Pono Kai. It's always great to have a view of the ocean and see all the people out using the coastal path.

Enjoy and have an Awesome Aloha Friday and a Great weekend!!!πŸ€™πŸ»πŸŒΊπŸŒ΄πŸ˜Ž

IMG_20170217_131024.jpg

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Happy Aloha Friday!!! It's the last Aloha Friday in February and we move onto March. Spring is getting closer and soon everyone will be enjoying some nice warmer weather.

This week's picture take us back to Kauai in Kapaa along the ocean in front of the Pono Kai Resort. This view will look familiar to many of you who have visited Kauai and stayed at The Pono Kai. It's always great to have a view of the ocean and see all the people out using the coastal path.

Enjoy and have an Awesome Aloha Friday and a Great weekend!!!πŸ€™πŸ»πŸŒΊπŸŒ΄πŸ˜Ž

View attachment 88996

I fished that cove. Happy Aloha Friday.

Bill