• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV Resale

Ry@n

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Just an ask again as i know not all HICV when you get it as a resale remain as a point system. I’ve read in the forums here that when you purchase an HICV Timeshare that has a home base on the following locations below, you will still be on yhe point system and not go to a fixed week.

1. South Beach
2. Gatlinburg
3. Lake Geneva

All else will be converted to fixed week on a resell.

Please correct me if i am wrong on this one or i missed anything.

Thanks in advance

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Yes, correct.

Two other things. Some deeds can turn into float weeks too, instead of fixed. Those carry a little bit more flexibility than a fixed week. There are also resale trust points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There are also trust based contracts. These could be at the 3 above or at any of the other resorts. A trust contract would remain as points but would have additional restrictions and would not combine with other HICV points.

Ry@n

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Yes, correct.

Two other things. Some deeds can turn into float weeks too, instead of fixed. Those carry a little bit more flexibility than a fixed week. There are also resale trust points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks…

Ry@n

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
There are also trust based contracts. These could be at the 3 above or at any of the other resorts. A trust contract would remain as points but would have additional restrictions and would not combine with other HICV
Do you have any example of a restriction that would happen? I am in the process of acquiring a resell for one of the locations mentioned above and i just want to know if it will be a big deal or not.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you have any example of a restriction that would happen? I am in the process of acquiring a resell for one of the locations mentioned above and i just want to know if it will be a big deal or not.
As long as it is a deeded week and not a part of the Orange Lake Land Trust then it wouldn't apply. Which one of the 3 location are you buying and how many points?

Ry@n

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
As long as it is a deeded week and not a part of the Orange Lake Land Trust then it wouldn't apply. Which one of the 3 location are you buying and how many points?
Trying to acquire a South Beach Location with 115,000 points. I believed it is under Horizontal Properties.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trying to acquire a South Beach Location with 115,000 points. I believed it is under Horizontal Properties.
That should be a 2 BR gold season unit. It would retain the points. Don't forget in addition to MF's you also pay an annual membership fee. And booking anything other than your float week has a reservation fee.

Ry@n

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
That should be a 2 BR gold season unit. It would retain the points. Don't forget in addition to MF's you also pay an annual membership fee. And booking anything other than your float week has a reservation fee.
Yes. I am aware of the Annual Membership Fee and the Reservation / Booking Fee. I attended a recent presentation and was aware of what i would get on the deed :)

Ry@n

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
I have a follow up question on this one. Will we have any issues in transferring the deed to me if the seller lives in the US and i am in Canada. Are there anything to make sure or be mindful of with regards to transfers?

mikesjunk

Reaction score
I would make sure you are getting what you think you are. I just bought two 3rd party sales and one was from South Beach for 180k points. When transferred it became restricted resale trust points. So you are not part of the club. These are the restrictions I was emailed from HICV after my purchase was completed.

I also learned that if you buy points through the front door directly with HICV you can pull these in at 1:2. Each bought point pulls in two restricted points. So that's what I did for one of my purchases.

Attachments

• Trust Points.png
    Trust Points.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 43

Mixxx008

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wood stone @ Massinutten
I would make sure you are getting what you think you are. I just bought two 3rd party sales and one was from South Beach for 180k points. When transferred it became restricted resale trust points. So you are not part of the club. These are the restrictions I was emailed from HICV after my purchase was completed.

I also learned that if you buy points through the front door directly with HICV you can pull these in at 1:2. Each bought point pulls in two restricted points. So that's what I did for one of my purchases.
So your saying if you buy 100,000 points resale then buy 50,000 points at HIVC they no longer become restricted?

mikesjunk

Reaction score
So your saying if you buy 100,000 points resale then buy 50,000 points at HIVC they no longer become restricted?
Yes I went direct to a HICV person and bought half of one of my deeds. So now I'm waiting this to process to get access, hoping I've not been lied too. I have the contact info for the person I used if someone gets in this situation.

mikesjunk

Reaction score
Yes I went direct to a HICV person and bought half of one of my deeds. So now I'm waiting this to process to get access, hoping I've not been lied too. I have the contact info for the person I used if someone gets in this situation.
As a report back in. I now have access to HICV where I bought two resale points(180k, 190k) not knowing they were restricted. In my contact with HICV I did buy 90k points directly and were allowed to bring the 180k points into the system. So I now have 270k points in the system. The 190k points are not in the system and to book with those I have to call in and follow all the restrictions. Maybe someday I'll pull them in if they give me a great deal.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
As a report back in. I now have access to HICV where I bought two resale points(180k, 190k) not knowing they were restricted. In my contact with HICV I did buy 90k points directly and were allowed to bring the 180k points into the system. So I now have 270k points in the system. The 190k points are not in the system and to book with those I have to call in and follow all the restrictions. Maybe someday I'll pull them in if they give me a great deal.
How much did they charge for the 90k? If you don’t mind saying.