• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Grand Vacations/Grand Vacations Title- Legit to Help Sell Kaanapali, HI Timeshare?

Nlovewmaui

Reaction score
Hi All,
My mom got sucked into buying a time share over a decade ago on our very first trip to Maui. She "purchased" a time share at a Kaanapali, HI hotel for several thousand dollars, and then annually, she had to pay maintenance fees. As many know, those maintenance fees were not fixed and each year it has been going up and up. I believe initially, it was only a couple hundred and now it is in the tune of thousands.
Fast forward to today, my mom does not use the timeshare nearly enough to justify the cost. She told me she found a company that for only $1,000.00 will help her get rid of her timeshare. The company is Hilton Grand Vacations/Grand Vacations Title. I looked over the documents they sent for her to sign and I'm not quite sure they will actually help her be free & clear of the timeshare forever. Anyone have experience using them and know if they're legit?

Much appreciated!
Mahalo

Nlovewmaui

Reaction score
Hi All,
My mom got sucked into buying a time share over a decade ago on our very first trip to Maui. She "purchased" a time share at a Kaanapali, HI hotel for several thousand dollars, and then annually, she had to pay maintenance fees. As many know, those maintenance fees were not fixed and each year it has been going up and up. I believe initially, it was only a couple hundred and now it is in the tune of thousands.
Fast forward to today, my mom does not use the timeshare nearly enough to justify the cost. She told me she found a company that for only $1,000.00 will help her get rid of her timeshare. The company is Hilton Grand Vacations/Grand Vacations Title. I looked over the documents they sent for her to sign and I'm not quite sure they will actually help her be free & clear of the timeshare forever. Anyone have experience using them and know if they're legit?

Much appreciated!
Mahalo
Wanted to add that it is the deedback program "Transitions." Where she has to pay them $1,000.00 to be free and clear of the timeshare, allegedly.
Thanks!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Hilton does have a deedback program so it may be legit. Check out this sticky in the HGVC forum.

FYI she actually owned Diamond Resorts DRI, which was purchased by Hilton. The Kaanapali resort is nice, I've stayed there before. The annual fee is not bad compared to paying for a cash rental on Maui.

Nlovewmaui

Reaction score
Hilton does have a deedback program so it may be legit. Check out this sticky in the HGVC forum.

FYI she actually owned Diamond Resorts DRI, which was purchased by Hilton. The Kaanapali resort is nice, I've stayed there before. The annual fee is not bad compared to paying for a cash rental on Maui.
Yes, it used to be Diamond Resorts! If she actually was able to get out to Hawaii more often, it might be worth keeping but I don't think she has used it for 6 years or more. Plus, Lahaina was her (and my) favorite place to visit on the island and it sadly and tragically burned down last year. 😭

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Since Kaanapali beach club is former Diamond, this thread is more useful since HGVC is a different product owned by the same firm. Better to ask such questions in the Diamond Forum where owners can assist.

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
step 1: Breathe
step 2: have you heard of Redweek? You can prob rent that out for $250 - $300/night on RW. I assume this is the KBC TS past Kaanapali-proper (I don't remember. Is it Napili-ish but still using Kaanapali name?)
step 3: go to the Diamond (HVC, whatever) site and make a reservation
step 4: join Redweek. Rent your reservation out. More than cover your MFs
step 5: call a reputable broker who won't charge an upfront fee. search for Diane Nadeau on this site. maybe her website is timeshareresalebrokers.com (I could be off by a letter or 2)
Lahaina is mostly gone but Maui is still popular. Just because Mom doesn't want to fly there and use it doesn't mean it is worthless. Kaanapali Bch is NOT worthless

Last edited:

pochiu

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is no loan, just walk away. She'll get calls but no hit on credit.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
You could also save $1000 in the transitions fee and offer to give it away on TUG for free to re-home it. This is a nice property and deed and someone might want it. Have the buyer pay for LT transfers to do the paperwork - approx $350.

Reactions: RX8

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
If you can afford travel, timeshares are great way to spend the money.

I'd recommend seeing what you have, where you can go and then decide if you want to keep it. TUG has tons of information and if you can get the login set up or call HVC, you might jut fall back in love with Maui.

Its like any other thing we own, if we don't use it, we need to get rid of it. As soon as I sell anything, I suddenly find a use.

I bet someone migth even pay the transfer fees, if they get 2024 points usage.
It depends on how many points annually, any banked points, and maintence fees (you said $1,000, but the exact number).
You'd need to be current to transfer.