• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

["How to exchanging for DVC?" - on-going thread - merged]

HuskyJim

TUG Member
Reaction score
How to search for just Disney resorts?

How do you search RCI Weeks for just Disney resorts?

I've tried using "Disney" in the search box, but get all sorts of resorts, but not just (or any) Disney.

I did do a sort of the results by Resort ID, and the Disney resorts show up at the bottom of the list, since (I guess) they all start with "DV..".

Thanks,
Jim

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
When I enter the search keyword "Disney" - I do see the Disney resorts. You may have a problem with trade power for your deposit.

Also, if you narrow down a general search through the regional location only (any dates)...

USA > Florida > Orlando Area

...then you should see 4 sub-regions to "filter by city":

Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista (includes Wyndham Bonnet Creek)
Orlando
Walt Disney World (includes Disney / DVC)

If you see the others but you don't see Walt Disney World as an option, then your deposited week definitely doesn't have the trade power to trade into DVC.

Similarly, if you want to find Disney's beach resorts, then go to...

USA > Florida

...and click on the "city" of Vero Beach, way down near the bottom of the "filter by city" list.

or USA > Carolinas and the SE > South Carolina > Hilton Head Area

If you don't see anything for Disney's Vero Beach or Disney's Hilton Head Island resorts, then it's a trade power issue because offseason weeks are generally available for both of these. HTH.

PeelBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you type in "Disney", you will see like 5 pages of everything in Orlando.

Type in "DVC", you will see Disney resorts only, if you have sufficient trade power.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Since there seem to be several weeks owners interested in trading for DVC, I thought it might be helpful to find out exactly what it takes to get it. Judging from other threads, several people (including me) seem to be looking to buy a TS to trade into DVC with. So what resorts pull DVC for you?

I have two Tybrisa weeks on deposit. The one I deposited late does not see Disney. The one I deposited farther out (same week of a different year) does.

Sheila

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I have two Tybrisa weeks on deposit. The one I deposited late does not see Disney. The one I deposited farther out (same week of a different year) does.

Sheila

How late and how early did you deposit? Which year sees which?

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, a fellow tugger just bought up an interesting point to me... She mentioned a list on DIS of all the resorts that DVC can see (they're limited), so wouldn't it make sense that those resorts could see DVC back?

BUT, my resort is on the list and its 2010 week would not pull DVC, whereas previous weeks had. What gives? :shrug:

Anyone have weeks that can confirm or deny this theory (meaning, you have a great trader not on the DVC list or you have a poor trader that IS)?

akfoss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Way to Exchange for Disney

I am interested in taking my family to Disney in Orlando in 2010 or 2011. I do not own Disney points, nor have an II membership. I currently own Wyndham Points and two TS Summer weeks in Ocean City, MD. My OC weeks qualify for II membership.

My question is what is the best way to trade for Disney? Should I just try to rent a Disney unit and rent my units separately to pay the cost? Is it relatively easy to trade for summer Disney weeks through II? Are there other exchange services besides II that offer Disney weeks?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Allan

akfoss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone Try Trading Wyndham Points for DVC?

Jst wondering if Wyndham generic point deposits can see the DVC deposits. Separately, anyone got a Wyndham visible deposit that they could check as well? I have Wyndham points and use this approach, if it works. Thanks.

Allan

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Remember that we have the Sightings Board below the TUG Lounge for Sightings Requests. You can post there and ask for people to do a search using the type of points, or week that you own, to see what's available.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC exhanges - 1 in 4 or 1 in 5?

OK, So im going to exchange in 2010 into a DVC with a weeks account.

If I also have a points account, can i exchange back into DVC the next year with the points?

Is the rule 1 in 4 or 1 in 5?

Thanks.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
There are no such rules that I am aware. If there are 1-in-4 rules for DVC, I will stop exchanging through RCI and just go to the Marriotts. I really dislike those limits because it keeps huge inventories out there for certain resorts. Take a look at the availability for Orange Lake and the Hiltons, and you will see how ridiculous those rules are. There are 500 weeks at Orange Lake available right now. :doh:

bonniedwan

Reaction score
krmlaw,

Just out of curiousity....what resort are do you own that you are exchanging into a DVC resort? I actually own at Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort as well, and I own a high red season 3 bedroom lockout and was just curious if you are using this resort to exchange with? I was considering putting a request in as well for 2010, as I do not see any inventory available for 2009???

Thanks, :)
Bonnie

bonniedwan

Reaction score
krmlaw,

I sent you a pm. I look forward to any help you can give me :doh:

I am so confused, because I own at the same resort as you. I currently have a 2 bedroom summer week banked & see no availability to trade into WDW????

HELP!!!!! ANYONE??????:wall:

Bonnie

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
krmlaw,

I sent you a pm. I look forward to any help you can give me :doh:

I am so confused, because I own at the same resort as you. I currently have a 2 bedroom summer week banked & see no availability to trade into WDW????

HELP!!!!! ANYONE??????:wall:

Bonnie

You have to deposit at a time when there is a demand for the week. If RCI had no demand for the area at the time of your deposit, you won't see DVC. I deposited a CO ski week 12, one of the top weeks in RCI, but I cannot see the DVC, while someone with a smaller summer unit was able to see them. I deposited my week with too much available at the time I deposited.

We had two Foxrun Yahoo Group members who deposited their week 26's at the time same, and one could see the DVC's, while the other couldn't. Apparently, depositing those weeks simultaneously created an abundance. I don't get it. :doh:

bonniedwan

Reaction score
Okay,

I talked with an RCI rep & now I know why someone who owns the same resort & time can have more trading power than me! Pay attention this is very important & I NEVER knew this. When I space banked my 2 bedroom premium red floating week with RCI, they spacebanked a September week!!!!! HOW CAN THEY DO THIS??? I own Premium Red, which is June, July & August???? I am calling them today. That is why I cannot see any DVC availability and someone that space banked the very same thing as me can!! WOW......so now we have to question every move that our resort makes??? Sounds to me like they are SOOOO taking advantage of some people?? Well, I will be sure to have next years with the right weeks!!! :mad:

Bonnie

bonniedwan

Reaction score
I will let you know as soon as I call them!!

Thanks for all of your help....I really appreciate it. Had I not checked into this, I would've been wondering why forever!!

Have a great day! :)

Bonnie

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My resort does the same. I own 1-52 float. Unless I specify WHICH week they bank, they'll just pick anything. It's completely the difference between seeing DVC and not.

Good luck!