• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Vacation Club Points to Hilton Club Points

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club
I do not own anything with Hilton. Recently did a sales presentation for Hilton Grand Vacations at their Tuscany property in Orlando. Sales manager told me Hyatt Vacation points convert to 4.7 Hilton club points. So If I have 8,000 Hilton club points, I can use 1,702 Hyatt points to have an additional 8,000 Hilton club points in my account. I cannot transfer over Hyatt points to get more Hilton Club points than my annual allotment. Meaning, I can’t have 10,000 Hyatt points and transfer them to have 47,000 Hilton points. I cannot transfer more than the equivalent of 8,000 Hilton points (1,702 Hyatt points).

Has anyone heard of this? Am I able to buy resale and still transfer the points over? Will this possibly increase the maintenance fees?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Hmm, I am not aware of anyway to perform transfer like that. There is not a common ownership or partnership on either the hotel or timeshare side.

I am afraid you misunderstood the sales manger or were lied to.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Are you referring to some type of conversion from HGVC points to Hilton Honors points?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club
Are you referring to some type of conversion from HGVC points to Hilton Honors points?
It’s with Hyatt Platinum Points (timeshare points) to Hilton Club Points (timeshare points). This is not with Hilton Honors points or Hyatt Points that are used for their hotel rooms from their loyalty programs. He said it costs an annual fee of $46.40 to transfer the points. The fee is called the vacation connection annual fee. Both the sales manager and sales rep were surprised of the conversion. This is all verbal and not written, as I didn’t purchase anything.

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
not knowing anything other than what you said, I'd say it is "not impossible", BUT it sounds like some alternative to exchanging via RCI or whatever, and annual fee of $46.40 sounds "too good to be true", so ...
Did you google "vacation connection annual fee" & such?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Given that Hyatt got purchased by Marriott, AFAIK, (I don't own anything Marriott, Westin Vistana, etc so I don't keep up on them), why would they convert Hyatt to Hilton which is completely separate from Marriott (Hyatt).

Sounds questionable to me.

Hyatt purchase.

Reactions: MM9
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club
not knowing anything other than what you said, I'd say it is "not impossible", BUT it sounds like some alternative to exchanging via RCI or whatever, and annual fee of $46.40 sounds "too good to be true", so ...
Did you google "vacation connection annual fee" & such?

I Googled that term, but could not find any results. That term and fee is on my estimate they gave me. I’m going to try to get more answers soon. So, I’ll report back when I can.
And I agree it makes no sense being able to convert points from Hyatt to Hilton. What does Hilton have to gain? It’s suspicious.

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
I was actually thinking "What does Hyatt have to gain?"
What does Hilton have to gain? I assumed this requires you to buy a HGVC (or is it HVC?) deed at inflated retail prices. That is a big gain. They gain a new member, and at retail prices. Heck, assuming the program was not popular and HGVC didn't end up with (Dr Evil) MILLIONS of Hyatt points, they could use the points to give top salespeople a bonus vacation and at the same time have them "check out the competition".
Bigger picture, it is a services business. Designing new services to win new members and make their lives easier is Job 1 in product design. AT THE RIGHT PRICE, HGVC has plenty to gain. $46 sounds way below the right price though. Heck, it costs way over $100 just to save HGVC points internally.
"What does Hyatt have to gain?" What do they do when HGV Corp shows up with points with your name on them? Happily book weeks?
Or maybe they have some behind-the-scenes deal with RCI (& II) to wash the points thru various inventory swaps? Far from impossible
But "What does Hyatt have to gain?" by greasing the wheels for a Hyatt member to join HGVC, unless it is reciprocal?

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes! That’s exactly what they showed me. What am I looking at here?
The first table is the number of DRI points, a non-DRI deeded week worth based on season and unit size.
The other 2 tables are the conversion rate between DRI point and non-DRI points.
To be able to deposit in the club combo, you needed to buy 50% of DRI points that worth your non-DRI deeded week/points.
Club Combo was a way DRI found to increase their sale of DRI points.

Example, you own 0 DRI points but you own a non DRI 3 bdrm high season that worth 10,000 DRI points as per the table.
So, you buy 5,000 DRI points from DRI and add your 3 bdrm to Club Combo at the time of purchase to get on paper 5,000+10,000=15,000 pts and get the Silver level without having to buy the 15,000 pts normally necessary to get the Silver level.
Each year you can decide to deposit or not your 3 bdrm in Club Combo.
If you decide to not deposit it then you have only your 5,000 DRI points you bought but you still keep your Silver level (that was the perk that convince many DRI members to buy more points to increase quickly their loyalty level without having to buy too much DRI points).
If you deposit it, you get the 10,000 pts + your 5,000 pts to use in the internal club. DRI will rent your deposit to DRI members using cash or DRI points.

I don't know how it works when you bring non DRI points to Club Combo. Maybe you must book a week inside your system and deposit it in Club Combo or maybe you can't deposit and it's just a way for DRI to sell DRI points and for the member to increase his loyalty level.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The first table is the number of DRI points, a non-DRI deeded week worth based on season and unit size.
The other 2 tables are the conversion rate between DRI point and non-DRI points.
To be able to deposit in the club combo, you needed to buy 50% of DRI points that worth your non-DRI deeded week/points.
Club Combo was a way DRI found to increase their sale of DRI points.

Example, you own 0 DRI points but you own a non DRI 3 bdrm high season that worth 10,000 DRI points as per the table.
So, you buy 5,000 DRI points from DRI and add your 3 bdrm to Club Combo at the time of purchase to get on paper 5,000+10,000=15,000 pts and get the Silver level without having to buy the 15,000 pts normally necessary to get the Silver level.
Each year you can decide to deposit or not your 3 bdrm in Club Combo.
If you decide to not deposit it then you have only your 5,000 DRI points you bought but you still keep your Silver level (that was the perk that convince many DRI members to buy more points to increase quickly their loyalty level without having to buy too much DRI points).
If you deposit it, you get the 10,000 pts + your 5,000 pts to use in the internal club. DRI will rent your deposit to DRI members using cash or DRI points.

I don't know how it works when you bring non DRI points to Club Combo. Maybe you must book a week inside your system and deposit it in Club Combo or maybe you can't deposit and it's just a way for DRI to sell DRI points and for the member to increase his loyalty level.
This seems kinda reminiscent of Club Wyndham PIC.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Sounds like they are trying to sell you HVC/DRI trust points.

cindyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
@youppi @Greenotterpop

It works basically as youppi described. In recent years I have deposited a week at HGVC Blvd as well as a week ar Sheraton Desert Oasis. They place the week I reserved into their inventory and other members can book them. Then they email me the name and address and I add it to the reservation I made.

I have also snagged a couple of weeks I was pleased with that others deposited including a 3 BD summer week at Riverside Club in Telluride, and a summer week in Big Sky, Montana, and a summer week at Whispering Woods, in Welches, OR.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Ah, well yes then like PIC for Wyndham which requires you to purchase points to register the week. Or like Global Choice with HICV which requires NO purchase, however the resort must be an RCI weeks only location, then a $75 per annual charge to deposit it into HICV.

HICV model is way more flexible. The Program Fees you pay on the PIC weeks is far greater usually then the $75 Global Choice charge.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club
@youppi @Greenotterpop

It works basically as youppi described. In recent years I have deposited a week at HGVC Blvd as well as a week ar Sheraton Desert Oasis. They place the week I reserved into their inventory and other members can book them. Then they email me the name and address and I add it to the reservation I made.

I have also snagged a couple of weeks I was pleased with that others deposited including a 3 BD summer week at Riverside Club in Telluride, and a summer week in Big Sky, Montana, and a summer week at Whispering Woods, in Welches, OR.
For Hilton, they showed me a studio can be booked for a week around 3,200 points. Not sure what season, but it can be booked for about that many points (going off of memory). A conversion from Hyatt Vacation to Hilton Club would be about 681 Hyatt points to get 3,200 Hilton club points. I need at least 90,000 Hyatt Points to book a Studio for a week within Hyatt's own portal. They aren't able to use 681 Hyatt points for anything. Unless they are combining them from other members converting.
Surprising difficult to get someone on the phone to ask these questions. I assume they want you there in person for any sales related questions and topics

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Hilton, they showed me a studio can be booked for a week around 3,200 points. Not sure what season, but it can be booked for about that many points (going off of memory). A conversion from Hyatt Vacation to Hilton Club would be about 681 Hyatt points to get 3,200 Hilton club points. I need at least 90,000 Hyatt Points to book a Studio for a week within Hyatt's own portal. They aren't able to use 681 Hyatt points for anything. Unless they are combining them from other members converting.
Surprising difficult to get someone on the phone to ask these questions. I assume they want you there in person for any sales related questions and topics
90,000 pts ??? HRC changed their point system ? If it is the case then the ratio 1 HRC pts to 4.7 DRI pts doesn't work anymore.
A studio was 70 to 750 pts depending on the season as per https://www.bywindkal.com/Hyatt/HRCPointsChart_2017.pdf

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The conversion would be to HVC points (formerly DRI), that is where this option existed. It would not convert to HGVC points, we don't have that option. The only way to use the HVC points in HGVC would be with HGVMax at 6 months booking window.

Sorry about all the confusing acronyms, Hilton is not making it easy with these acquisitions.

Here are the points for gold season studio at HGVC Las Palmeras, Orlando ( a converted hotel ).
1707352616349.png

Attachments

• 1707352616609.png
    1707352616609.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club
The conversion would be to HVC points (formerly DRI), that is where this option existed. It would not convert to HGVC points, we don't have that option. The only way to use the HVC points in HGVC would be with HGVMax at 6 months booking window.

Sorry about all the confusing acronyms, Hilton is not making it easy with these acquisitions.

Here are the points for gold season studio at HGVC Las Palmeras, Orlando ( a converted hotel ).
View attachment 88342
What is the conversion of HVC points to HGVC? Or how many HVC points to reserve a property? 6 months isn't a bad window. That would mean I would have to buy retail to get into HGVMax.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
What is the conversion of HVC points to HGVC? Or how many HVC points to reserve a property? 6 months isn't a bad window. That would mean I would have to buy retail to get into HGVMax.

When HVC was merged the HGVC points were increased by 1.6 to make the systems equal. Now HVC Max owners can reserve straight across, there isn't a convert to HGVC points and deposit. Max is a trading platform.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 88339View attachment 88340

This is back before Welk was acquired by Hyatt. But the points values remain the same.
ok the ratio 1 Hyatt points to 4.7 DRI points is for the original Hyatt Residence Club where the points range was totally different than the Welk range.
The ratio between the 750 HRC pts and the 90,000 Welk pts for a studio is 120.
So, the ratio would be 120 Welk pts to 4.7 DRI pts or 1 Welk pts to 0.039 DRI pts
DRI has been rename to Hilton Vacation Club (HVC) by Hilton.
So, 1 DRI pts = 1 HVC pts and 1 HVC pts = 1 HGVC pts because Hilton kept the exact currency of DRI (as SmithOp said, Hilton has increased by 1.6 the number of pts at all HGVC resorts and at the same time the number of pts owns by each HGVC member to have the same currency for both)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club
ok the ratio 1 Hyatt points to 4.7 DRI points is for the original Hyatt Residence Club where the points range was totally different than the Welk range.
The ratio between the 750 HRC pts and the 90,000 Welk pts for a studio is 120.
So, the ratio would be 120 Welk pts to 4.7 DRI pts or 1 Welk pts to 0.039 DRI pts
DRI has been rename to Hilton Vacation Club (HVC) by Hilton.
So, 1 DRI pts = 1 HVC pts and 1 HVC pts = 1 HGVC pts because Hilton kept the exact currency of DRI (as SmithOp said, Hilton has increased by 1.6 the number of pts at all HGVC resorts and at the same time the number of pts owns by each HGVC member to have the same currency for both)
Since it just says Hyatt, I don't know if they will even convert the Hyatt Vacation points I currently have. Or even to what ratio. I'm considering resale options so I can always just find out if I ever purchase