• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Introducing WYNDHAM Club Pass

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
from https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffr/member/href.do?id=NEWS-0000796

Introducing WYNDHAM Club Pass

WYNDHAM Club Pass banner

Over the years, we’ve asked what we could do to make your vacation experience even better. You told us you wanted access to more resorts and the ability to vacation across multiple Wyndham brands. Well today we’re pleased to introduce WYNDHAM Club PassSM — a new program that will soon be available to CLUB WYNDHAM® owners.

WYNDHAM Club Pass, which we anticipate to launch next summer, is Wyndham Vacation Ownership’s very own internal exchange program.

Essentially, it will give CLUB WYNDHAM owners seamless access to more than 55 Wyndham resorts, expanding your ability to travel to unique destinations across the country.

This new benefit will be available to CLUB WYNDHAM owners next year. We hope WYNDHAM Club Pass will bring our vacation ownership brands together with one simple idea in mind: “Yours. Mine. Ours.”

For more information read our Frequently Asked Questions, and stay tuned in the coming months for additional details!

blr666

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
All Worldmark Members will be part of this club but if you want to exchange, you have to use developers credits. Why would this be a good thing for a resale member. We are going to lose units.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

NHTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are the FAQs...

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is WYNDHAM Club Pass?

WYNDHAM Club Pass is Wyndham Vacation Ownership’s new internal exchange program. This program is a simple way to give our CLUB WYNDHAM® and WorldMark® by Wyndham owners the freedom to move outside of their individual home Clubs, expanding their access to unique destinations found across the country. The tagline, Yours. Mine. Ours. reinforces that Wyndham is truly one company with one set of values.

2. When will WYNDHAM Club Pass be available?

It is anticipated that WYNDHAM Club Pass will be available to CLUB WYNDHAM and WorldMark by Wyndham owners in June 2014.

3. Who is eligible for WYNDHAM Club Pass?

All CLUB WYNDHAM and WorldMark by Wyndham owners will be automatically enrolled as a member of the new WYNDHAM Club Pass program.

4. What is the benefit of WYNDHAM Club Pass?

With WYNDHAM Club Pass, CLUB WYNDHAM and WorldMark by Wyndham owners will be able to use their points/credits to seamlessly access more than 55 additional Wyndham timeshare resorts outside of their individual home Club.

5. Why was WYNDHAM Club Pass created?

WYNDHAM Club Pass was created because we have listened and are responding to owner feedback. Over the years we’ve asked what we could do to make an owner’s vacation ownership experience even better. Our owners have told is they’d like access to more resorts and the ability to vacation across multiple Wyndham Vacation Ownership brands. WYNDHAM Club Pass will allow members to do just that — use more than 55 additional Wyndham resorts using their points or vacation credits.

6. Will there be guidelines when exchanging between an individual’s home Club and resorts in the WYNDHAM Club Pass program?

Yes. Owners who would like to make an exchange outside of their home Club may do so by using their developer purchased credits/points.

7. Will there be a transaction fee?

Although your membership in WYNDHAM Club Pass is free, if you elect to exchange there will be a minimal transaction fee of $99 per reservation.

8. Will Shell Vacations Club members be able to use WYNDHAM Club Pass as well?

No, at this time WYNDHAM Club Pass will only be available to CLUB WYNDHAM and WorldMark owners.

9. Will housekeeping credits or tokens be needed when using the WYNDHAM Club Pass exchange benefit?

Similar to when booking with an external exchange program, housekeeping credits or tokens needed are determined by your individual home Club rules.

10. What will be the booking window for WYNDHAM Club Pass?

There is a nine-month booking window for resort inventory in WYNDHAM Club Pass.

11. When will I be able to make reservations for resorts in WYNDHAM Club Pass?

We anticipate that exchanges will begin in June 2014 for arrivals at the end of August.

12. May I rent inventory that I booked through WYNDHAM Club Pass?

No. Inventory booked via WYNDHAM Club Pass cannot be rented.

13. Does this change my membership options or benefits with my home Club (WorldMark, The Club or CLUB WYNDHAM Plus?)

No. All membership benefits associated with your existing home Club remain unchanged as a result of the new WYNDHAM Club Pass internal exchange program.

14. Can I have a membership to more than one Club in the Wyndham Vacation Ownership portfolio of brands?

Yes. Membership into several of these respective Clubs is permitted. There are exclusive benefits of each respective Club separate and apart from WYNDHAM Club Pass.

15. I have an existing reservation at an affiliate/associate resort. Does this reservation remain intact once WYNDHAM Club Pass has been implemented?

Yes, reservations made at affiliate and/or associate resorts will be honored even after WYNDHAM Club Pass has been implemented.

16. How will my points/credits convert in the new WYNDHAM Club Pass program?

There is no conversion required. All of the credits/points will be represented in your home Club currency. When the program launches credit/point values will be provided on the website and in the directory.

17. What does this new exchange program mean for inventory availability in my individual home Club?

Inventory availability in WYNDHAM Club Pass will be continually regulated according to usage ratios across both participating Clubs. In simple terms, any inventory that is used within one Club through WYNDHAM Club Pass will be offset through availability of equivalent inventory in the other participating Club. Similar to existing affiliations with exchange programs, WYNDHAM Club Pass will remain at all times in full compliance within established Club bylaws as articulated in each respective Club’s governing documents for the management of the inventory that is exchanged
between individual home Clubs by owners; and, will be operated in compliance with all applicable laws in any jurisdictions in which WYNDHAM Club Pass operates.

from https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffrweb/pdfs/wyn_club_pass_faqs.pdf

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Developer credits and points only ... nice touch.

And another $99 fee .... so, it is under $100 in costs - free membership for the people who already spent $15,000-150,000 for their point or credit ownership. At least Wyndham KNOWS they have the money (or did have the money. :ignore:).

Shell owners - not yet. But are the Shell units in the pot?

Can my PIC points be used - as developer counted points?

Can't rent these new reservations --- I like going to new places --- why would I rent them?

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I'm guessing this means, "Goodbye!" to internal reservations across the two systems that I'm currently doing with NO exchange fee? Will my Wyndham reservations through WCP require certain check-in nights or length of stay? Will this mean I will no longer see the occasional Wyndham property offered to me via WM Monday Madness?

Hmmm ...

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess they are trying to segregate the Resale owners to using their points only at their HOME RESORT --- good thing I like my Home Resorts and book at the 13 month ARP window. And if they wait too long, the under utilized resorts and lowest occupancy seasons will be the leftover available.

I guess I will be camping out in the winter at Kingsgate and Seawatch using my Resort Specials discounts ... they have indoor pools and I will just add a plastic palm tree. :D

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dont FAQ's 3 and 6 contradict each other

I think this is a non issue for us Wyndham resale owners. We still have all the same resorts open to us. And since there are more Wyndham owners than Worldmark I would expect more Wyndham owners using their points in Worldmark than the other way around..leaving less points in the wyndham system competing for Wyndham resorts, ie more availability, not less.

And if you feel left out, because you own resale points or credits... You Wyndham owners can always buy Worldmark credits (resale) and vice versa

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a similar notice on the WorldMark web site and I received an email announcement of the new program also. I will assume that email went out to all WorldMark owners. Based on a quick skim of the FAQ's, those posted on the WorldMark web site are identical to the ones posted above.

Will this new program replace the current WorldMark/Wyndham cross booking that has been in place since WorldMark TravelShare was announced in 2006? (The Exchange Network, or TEN) That is an unknown at the moment but I would suspect that is the case.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dont FAQ's 3 and 6 contradict each other

Sort of, but not quite. There are a number of owners who have both resale and developer points. Presumably only the developer points would be eligible to be traded outside of their home system. But you would still be enrolled in the system automatically, even if none of your points were actually eligible to book a Worldmark resort (if you're a resale Wyndham owner).

This is another way to attempt to differentiate resale from developer purchased points... I can hear the sales weasels spinning this already...

Ron's right that it wouldn't have much impact for someone who was willing to invest in ownership in both systems. It clearly may impact those who only have resale Wyndham points who have traded in to Worldmark previously and may no longer be able to do so without making an investment in Worldmark credits.

I do read this as home SYSTEM and not home resort. I wonder if this is the "grain of truth" that some sales weasels were getting people spun up on a week or so ago about, "resale owners will only be able to use their home resort".

bsrmotor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glacier canyon. CWA. Cypress palms
So what resorts would be available through Club wyndham pass.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what resorts would be available through Club wyndham pass.

Presumably, Wyndham owners could book at any of the Worldmark resorts and vice versa, rather than a select subset that are currently set up for it. I don't know what other resorts might be included (so not sure where the "55 additional resorts" are specified).

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess they are trying to segregate the Resale owners to using their points only at their HOME RESORT --- good thing I like my Home Resorts and book at the 13 month ARP window.
The Wyndham Club Pass is only for exchanges up to 9 months in advance. Why would this limit "Resale owners to using their points only at their HOME RESORT"? Any owner (resale or developer) can make reservations anywhere in the Club Wyndham system 10 months in advance.

It is certain, though, that WorldMark owners will not be exchanging into Myrtle Beach in the summer and neither will Club Wyndham owners be exchanging into West Yellowstone or the Pacific coast resorts during the summer. It will be exchanging 9-month leftovers for 9-month leftovers, and anyone who does not have developer points to participate, will not be missing much.

Last edited:

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Presumably, Wyndham owners could book at any of the Worldmark resorts and vice versa, rather than a select subset that are currently set up for it. I don't know what other resorts might be included (so not sure where the "55 additional resorts" are specified).

WorldMark currently has 75+ resorts. Several of those resorts have been shared with Wyndham owners for quite a while. The Wixon lawsuit settlement resulted in some units from 13 WorldMark resorts being moved over to Wyndham adding to the list of joint resorts. I didn't do a complete count, but if you remove the joint access resorts from the WorldMark list you would probably come up with 55 WorldMark resorts which I would speculate were the 55 additional resorts mentioned in the announcement.

Of more interest to WorldMark owners would be which Wyndham resorts will be available to WorldMark owners under this new setup. Under the current TEN agreement we have access to a very limited number of units at 18 Wyndham resorts. What Wyndham resorts will be added to bring that number up to 55 and how much access will we have?

slabeaume

Reaction score
waitlisting?

I wonder if we'll be able to waitlist with Worldmark, then book with Wyndham points?

rleigh

Reaction score
......Of more interest to WorldMark owners would be which Wyndham resorts will be available to WorldMark owners under this new setup. Under the current TEN agreement we have access to a very limited number of units at 18 Wyndham resorts.....

Yes, I wonder how this will affect booking of those. WM owners can book at a few Wyndham resorts (Nashville and Bentley Brook for example) just as they would WM. Now, will that mean there will be an extra $99 fee? :bawl:

Bourne

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO,

I do not think the cross "pollination" already built into the systems will change. Else the number quoted "55" would be higher.

This step basically opens up new inventory at 9 month+ mark. Resorts in Worldmark/Shell that we not previously available for reservation. To throw a carrot to VIPs/developer sales, it is being opened up to the aforementioned owners only.

To look at it differently, they are creating a wrapper rez system to encapsulate all three existing ones(Wyn/WM/Shell) and allowing cross reservations for a fee.

For the resale buyer, nothing changes. But I can see how it can be used for driving sales. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
WorldMark currently has 75+ resorts. Several of those resorts have been shared with Wyndham owners for quite a while. The Wixon lawsuit settlement resulted in some units from 13 WorldMark resorts being moved over to Wyndham adding to the list of joint resorts. I didn't do a complete count, but if you remove the joint access resorts from the WorldMark list you would probably come up with 55 WorldMark resorts which I would speculate were the 55 additional resorts mentioned in the announcement.

Of more interest to WorldMark owners would be which Wyndham resorts will be available to WorldMark owners under this new setup. Under the current TEN agreement we have access to a very limited number of units at 18 Wyndham resorts. What Wyndham resorts will be added to bring that number up to 55 and how much access will we have?

I did the same thing with Club Wyndham access. And the numbers work out pretty much the same. Which leads me to believe all of Worldmark will be open to Wyndham owners and all of theCWA resorts open to worldmark

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
So basically worldmark and club wyndham are affiliating in an RCI/II manner, right down to the reservation fee. As long as there is no upfront cost I think this is a good thing.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So as a resale Wyndham owner, basically nothing changes for me...is that correct? This is a little confusing to me.....

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how the Wyndham computer systems are going to be able to distinguish resale versus retail points. Especially when one is using pooled and cancelled points and one has mixed contracts (both resale and retail).

Is using this new "club pass" exchange system going to necessitate calling into talk to a live person?

I own resale points, and I live on the east coast, so the worldmark resorts are not a big draw for me. So, if i can't use this new exchange system. I won't be real upset.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how the Wyndham computer systems are going to be able to distinguish resale versus retail points. Especially when one is using pooled and cancelled points and one has mixed contracts (both resale and retail).

Is using this new "club pass" exchange system going to necessitate calling into talk to a live person?

I own resale points, and I live on the east coast, so the worldmark resorts are not a big draw for me. So, if i can't use this new exchange system. I won't be real upset.

They already do, with a distinction for resale points bought before a certain date which are eligible for affiliate booking

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
More demand on your units

There won't be more demand on either system.
It will be demand neutral
For every Worldmark owner that wants a Wyndham unit there has to be a Wyndham owner that wants a Worldmark unit. This is at its heart an exchange program.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
They already do, with a distinction for resale points bought before a certain date which are eligible for affiliate booking

David

I think you have confused the two systems. With Wyndham there is no date that separates two class's of points, The only distinction is resale vs retail and the question is. How will they know in the case of cancelled point and points in the points credit pool?

And the answer is: they already know.
If you call in the vc can see where every point comes from. Perhaps this signals the unveiling of Voyager

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO,

I do not think the cross "pollination" already built into the systems will change. Else the number quoted "55" would be higher.

This step basically opens up new inventory at 9 month+ mark. Resorts in Worldmark/Shell that we not previously available for reservation. To throw a carrot to VIPs/developer sales, it is being opened up to the aforementioned owners only.

To look at it differently, they are creating a wrapper rez system to encapsulate all three existing ones(Wyn/WM/Shell) and allowing cross reservations for a fee.

For the resale buyer, nothing changes. But I can see how it can be used for driving sales. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

After reading and rereading the announcement and FAQ, I see this entirely different...

I don't see this effecting any of the Wyndham/Worldmark interexchange at all... and also explains why Shell is not included as it is today...

I think this is just a way of letting Wyndham Club member use their points to exchange directly into 55 resorts in the Wyndham Hotel chain and/or their rental group that manage units at various locations.
It is new because presently you would have to convert your Wyndham Club points to Wyndham Rewards points to exchange into the Wyndham hotel chain.

No changes to what we have now... just a new feature to open up some of the Wyndham Hotel chain and previous "rental only" units, to the vacation group in a seamless way...

Just my read.... let me know what you think...

Pete

Last edited: