• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it my math or the Wyndham math that is the problem on newly acquired EOY contract?

Shiba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just acquired a resale Wyndham Oceanside 84K/ EOY Even contract. I already have a 259K yearly contract and another 84K/EOY Odd contract. All purchases are resale thanks to TUG. I was previously paying $20.01 a month program fee, with the new contract they are now charging me $31.56. I got bounced around at Wyndham for over an hour because no one was able to calculate the program fee for this contract only.

According to Wyndham math, I am paying an additional $11.56 a month on program fees for 84K more points. According to my calculations I should be paying $4.90 more a month (84x.70)= 58.8/12= $4.90/month. Next month's payment will be the first payment since acquiring the Oceanside contract and it is going to cost me and additional $87.57/month. The previous estoppel was $52.XX this is an increase of over $35/month from the previous owner.

What am I missing, or do I not have an understanding of how EOY works?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
From what I remember when we had an EOY contract I thought we only paid monthly program fees and maintenance fees on half the points. In your case you would be paying on 42,000 for each for a total of 343,000 points at $0.70 per thousand. However from the numbers you posted you were already paying that before your new EOY contract came into your account. Even if the program fee is on 84k annually, at $0.70 that would be $58.80 or $4.90

I'll have to dig out my old annual assessments to see if I'm correct about how the program fee was assessed on our EOY.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I'm going to start with the last thing. You probably got billed for two months' worth of maintenance fees in your first month of billing (which has happened to me on my last two resale contracts simply due to the timing of the points being awarded vs. when the first bill with the new contract was issued). Also, the previous owner was probably being charged the minimum program fee of $200, whereas you're above the minimum and simply paying $.70/k in program fees. So your monthly payment for Oceanside should add around $43 to your monthly billing (including program fee) after that first month. They were paying more monthly because of the minimum program fee, and your first month is probably simply double the usual added amount.

And then actually, does that start to explain the incorrect program fee? That is, is that program fee amount based on a double charge on the new points for the first month only? I know it's not exactly double (it's a bit more, which is annoying and inexplicable), but it's in the ballpark. I also wonder if that slightly-more-than-double new program fee amount might be related to something at least one other owner here has mentioned, which is that even with resale only points they're being charged the slightly higher PlusPartners program fee. (I ran some numbers on that and it still doesn't add up to what you're being charged, though.)

(I also am assuming for all of this that when you say 84k EOY, you mean 84k for billing purposes, 168k in the year the points are issued - is that correct? It seems none of the math works if I assume the opposite.)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I also wonder if that slightly-more-than-double new program fee amount might be related to something at least one other owner here has mentioned, which is that even with resale only points they're being charged the slightly higher PlusPartners program fee. (I ran some numbers on that and it still doesn't add up to what you're being charged, though.)
Learned something new, that I think I forgot, and that is the minimum program fee. I think now I am not being charged the PlusPartners rate but rather the minimum program fee which actually works out to $16.67 per month. I guess I never did the math at $0.72 per 1000 to determine that based on what I am paying it wasn't right either. Though when I called Wyndham they were adamant that I had PlusPartners. I guess I could, but even at that fee it would still be under the minimum based on the number of points we started out with.

Shiba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is correct.
(I also am assuming for all of this that when you say 84k EOY, you mean 84k for billing purposes, 168k in the year the points are issued - is that correct? It seems none of the math works if I assume the opposite.)

Double billing for the first month could be the issue. I have to call again and see if it is just for the first month's bill and if it will adjust to the appropriate amount in April.

Shiba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Wyndham again. The only information they have is March's statement, and they can't see beyond March to see if the cost will go down. The contract was added to my account after my regularly scheduled payment.