• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kings Creek Plantation

TSer-vaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our friends had a cottage ownership at Kings Creek and last spring when they went there, they were convinced to give them alot more money to be deeded for something that was not even yet built.

The deal they got I think was not good but would like to find out from others about it. Their previous KCP ownership gave them RCI Weeks membership but this new ownership gives them II membership. Their week of ownership at KCP is put into the rental pool and in exchange they are "Given" 8 weeks (or a number close to that--I can't remember the exact number). If they book 90 days out with II (through their sales gal aat KCP), it will cost them $399 for the week and if they book 30 days out with II, it will cost them $199 for the week. I told them that was a crock.

But then he told me they will get a check every year for all the rentals in the pool divided by the number of owners and every year the checks are at least $1500 and that's after their maintenance fees had been paid. So every year they will get a check for $1500 and not have to pay any maintenance fees.

I don't believe that for one stinkin minute, plus I tried to get him understand what a rip off it was to have to PAY to use your timeshare week. PLUS they love KCP and they don't understand that they will never be able to stay there for free again. AND he keeps saying a week will only cost him $199 and I tell him he is going to get NOTHING at 30 days out, espeically for what he wants. And besides, I don't know what II calls them but at 30 days out, I can get last call with RCI for about the same.

What do you think of this deal? DId they get bamboozled? Thank you for your replies!