• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kingsland - how many points per room size.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
I have seen the rooms at Kingsland described like this:
Platinum 2 bdrm Plus Larger
Platinum 2 bdrm Larger
Platinum 2 bdrm Premier

Does anyone know how many HGVC points are attributed to each of these different rooms?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Here is the points chart from the portal, these are located on the tab under the reservation grid when you view resort availability. When there is a slash / it indicates phase 2 / phase 1. Phase 3 is supposed to be a mix to further complicate matters.

89605da458d383b6be41815631af0e5e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where did you see the "Larger" description. That's not a thing. The chart above is a great/accurate summary.

The difference with point values is not only size but location in Phase 1, 2, or 3. To summarize the "plus" and "premier" is simple:

Regular room (doesn't include term "plus" or "premier" - first floor (which, BTW, is the best floor)
Plus room - second floor
Premier room - third floor

Since all the views are golf course and/or mountains there is no need to pay for a higher floor. Plus, by doing so, you lose the nice grass lawn (extended living area) right off your lanai that you have on the first floor.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It could be the phase 1 units which have slightly more square footage.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Where did you see the "Larger" description. That's not a thing. The chart above is a great/accurate summary.

The difference with point values is not only size but location in Phase 1, 2, or 3. To summarize the "plus" and "premier" is simple:

Regular room (doesn't include term "plus" or "premier" - first floor (which, BTW, is the best floor)
Plus room - second floor
Premier room - third floor

Since all the views are golf course and/or mountains there is no need to pay for a higher floor. Plus, by doing so, you lose the nice grass lawn (extended living area) right off your lanai that you have on the first floor.
As frequent exchangers (II/RCI/SFX) we are regularly given first floor rooms. It didn't take me long to realize the benefits of the first floor rooms for exactly what you mention - the grass area. It's great. Not HGVC related, but at Nanea (the new Westin in Kaanapali) only the first floor rooms had two chaise lounges plus a table/chairs on the patio. All of the higher floors had the table/chairs only. Had I known that, I would have never requested a higher floor room.

At Kingsland, is there any way to assure receiving a first floor room facing the golf course vs the parking lot when using HGVC points? We were in phase 3 (I think) and our second floor room faced the parking lot. It was ok, but I would have preferred the other side. We were on an SFX exchange so we had no leverage, but I assume that I have some flexibility when using points?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
At Kingsland, is there any way to assure receiving a first floor room facing the golf course vs the parking lot when using HGVC points? We were in phase 3 (I think) and our second floor room faced the parking lot. It was ok, but I would have preferred the other side. We were on an SFX exchange so we had no leverage, but I assume that I have some flexibility when using points?

In phase 1, all rooms face the golf course. In phase 2, i believe all the 1 bedrooms face the parking lot.. Not sure about the phase 3.

We used to always book the upper floors at KL, but last year i booked the ground floor to save points and loved being able to walk out onto the grass. Made the unit feel much bigger

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As frequent exchangers (II/RCI/SFX) we are regularly given first floor rooms. It didn't take me long to realize the benefits of the first floor rooms for exactly what you mention - the grass area. It's great. Not HGVC related, but at Nanea (the new Westin in Kaanapali) only the first floor rooms had two chaise lounges plus a table/chairs on the patio. All of the higher floors had the table/chairs only. Had I known that, I would have never requested a higher floor room.

The only sure way to not face the parking lot is to book a 2br. Get a 2 br standard for first floor.

The lower point 1br all face parking lots.

I’m not certain about the 1br in phase 3, its supposed to be a mix of ph1 and ph2 type rooms.

I’m going in May and booked a ph2 type 2br (8 days for 7700 points), will find out more then. The last time I was there ph3 was just being finished.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
My wife and i stayed at Kings' Land for two weeks in February 2017 in a 1-bdrm Plus in phase 3. All units in phase 1 face the golf course, including the 1-bdrms which are all the larger F layout. In phase 2 all 1-bdrm units are K layouts and apparently face the parking lot. Our unit faced the parking lot in phase 3. We had the smaller K layout above. Please note that the graphic in the post above does not show the two floor plans to scale. The F layout is the larger layout. I was not aware the F layout was available in phase 3. When we booked in May 2016 phase 3 was just opening and very little info was available.

I don't know where the larger F layouts might be, assuming they do exist in phase 3, and whether they would be golf course or parking side. I believe all the K layouts are on the parking side. The furnishings are more modern in phase 2 and 3. The general comment I have heard is that the furnishings in phase 1 are a bit more traditional, but also more "plush". The major differences between the two 1-bdrm layouts, other than overall size and a slightly larger lanai, are: The F layouts have a larger full kitchen with conventional stove and oven, a regular dining table and chairs instead of a smaller extended bar and chairs, a bathroom with a shower and a separate soaker tub, and an L-shaped sofa. Some have commented that the K layouts just have a range top and no oven. But in fact the larger microwave in the K unit is a combination microwave and convection oven, so you can bake or roast in it.

We deliberately chose the smaller layout to stretch our points (12,400 vs. 18,600 for 2 weeks). It was the right decision for us. We ended up in unit 24320 which was a 3rd floor end unit adjacent to the phase 3 pool. Very convenient location and a perfect size for the two of us. While the units face the parking lot, it is not like the cars are parked right in front of your lanai. There is a large landscaped area between the units and the lot. On the third floor we had unobstructed views to the mountains in the southeast and over the golf course to the northeast, including even a small sliver of ocean beyond the golf course.

Hope this helps someone figure out the right unit for them, although my comments are almost exclusively with respect to the 1-bdrms. We loved the resort overall and would not hesitate to return. The phase 3 pool was not overly busy and was so convenient we used it most of the time. We also enjoyed the 10-minute walk to the main pool, bar and clubhouse area when we wanted a change of pace, although shuttles run regularly. Note that the shuttles go from phase 3 to phase 2 and then on to the south end of phase 1 before arriving at the club house. On the way back the first stop after the north end of phase 1 is the Hilton Hotel. So to get back to phase 3 you either get off at phase 1 and walk across the road or ride the shuttle all the way around the Waikoloa Beach Resort until it gets back to phase 3 on the return journey of the loop.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Thank you for all the details!!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Note that the shuttles go from phase 3 to phase 2 and then on to the south end of phase 1 before arriving at the club house. On the way back the first stop after the north end of phase 1 is the Hilton Hotel. So to get back to phase 3 you either get off at phase 1 and walk across the road or ride the shuttle all the way around the Waikoloa Beach Resort until it gets back to phase 3 on the return journey of the loop.

Just noted an error in the above. On the way back from the club house in Kings' Land, after the first shuttle stop in the north end of phase 1, there is also a stop at The Bay Club, before heading on to the Hilton Hotel!!

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

If you're in a 1BR you have to stay away from Phase 2 or 3 or it's guaranteed that you'll be looking at the parking lot. Phase 1 1BR is the only 1BR at KL that is OK to get as the view is golf course.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22

As JS says above, if you book the 1-BR units in phase 1, you will be guaranteed a golf course view, since no units in phase 1 face the parking lots. Also, all the 1-BR units in phase 1 are the larger F layout. You will pay the higher points values for the larger phase 1 units.

All the 1-BR units in phase 2 face the parking lot and are the smaller K layout. There is a reference in the graphic in post #8 to the larger F-layout 1-BR units being available in phase 3. I was not aware of that when we were there and do not know on which side of the phase 3 buildings they are located, assuming they even exist. Certainly all the smaller 1-BR (K layout) units in phase 3, such as the one we stayed in, are on the parking lot side.

You might inquire from Kings' Land if the larger F layout 1-BR units are available in phase 3, and if so, which side they face? If they are not a guaranteed golf course view, then you would want to try to specify phase 1. You would not want to pay for a larger F layout 1-BR unit, only to then still face the parking lot in phase 3!

cheryltwin

Reaction score
We have stayed at Kohala and Kings Land before but I don't remember which booking code gets us a 2 bdr in Phase 1 at KL...
I see the plus units listed as 2BP and 2KP for 4,350 pts and BP2 for 2,900 for the nights we think we may go.
We do appreciate a unit that is on a higher floor as we've had bad experiences with really loud guests above us.
Thanks for any advice.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have stayed at Kohala and Kings Land before but I don't remember which booking code gets us a 2 bdr in Phase 1 at KL...
I see the plus units listed as 2BP and 2KP for 4,350 pts and BP2 for 2,900 for the nights we think we may go.
We do appreciate a unit that is on a higher floor as we've had bad experiences with really loud guests above us.
Thanks for any advice.

If you look at the points chart I posted in msg #2 there are two point values for most of the rooms. The higher points are phase 1, lower phase 2. Now that there is a phase 3 you might get either style room in that phase.

To get the floor you want:
Standard is floor 1
Plus is floor 2
Premier is floor 3

Twincheryl

Reaction score
If you look at the points chart I posted in msg #2 there are two point values for most of the rooms. The higher points are phase 1, lower phase 2. Now that there is a phase 3 you might get either style room in that phase.

To get the floor you want:
Standard is floor 1
Plus is floor 2
Premier is floor 3

Thanks... I saw that... So to get Phase 1, which of the higher point value codes do I reserve? Or now that Phase 3 is open, do I need to call and request specific building(s)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Thanks... I saw that... So to get Phase 1, which of the higher point value codes do I reserve? Or now that Phase 3 is open, do I need to call and request specific building(s)?

I usually call the resort a few weeks in advance to request specific buildings. I have had good luck with my requests at KL. Actually i have had pretty good luck with location requests at HGVC.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

2BR is a standard phase 1/3 first floor
2BR2 is standard phase 2
2BP is a plus unit phase 1/3 second floor
2KP is a plus unit phase 1 second floor
2BP2 is plus phase 2
2BX is premier phase 1 third floor

If you do not like people above you, book the 2BX.

Twincheryl

Reaction score
2BR is a standard phase 1/3 first floor
2BR2 is standard phase 2
2BP is a plus unit phase 1/3 second floor
2KP is a plus unit phase 1 second floor
2BP2 is plus phase 2
2BX is premier phase 1 third floor

If you do not like people above you, book the 2BX.

Thanks so much... exactly what I was looking for!