• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Latest RCI Promotions - Ongoing Thread

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Starting a new thread that can be updated each time RCI is running promotions.

Current Offer (Received Via Email):

1694529622958.png

Window into inventory showing up by region as of morning 9/12 (same in weeks and points).

1694529740112.png

Checkout screen:

1694530343441.png

(Discount applies even if not using link from email ... at least in my account.)

Note: The email also features some point discounts and hotel booking discounts, but I plan to mostly use this thread to post updates and follow discounted exchange fees.

Last edited:

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually used my Unlock Massanutten "coupon" today for the week after Thanksgiving (following our southern family visit tour we decided we'd need a break). The $30 also popped in to my checkout without a coupon. No points used (only 3 needed) and $30 off. Likely too early to ski but still beautiful. Oops forgot the $108 fees.

Best,
Judi

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I actually used my Unlock Massanutten "coupon" today for the week after Thanksgiving (following our southern family visit tour we decided we'd need a break). The $30 also popped in to my checkout without a coupon. No points used (only 3 needed) and $30 off. Likely too early to ski but still beautiful. Oops forgot the $108 fees.

Best,
Judi
What is an "Unlock Massanutten'coupon'" and how do you get one?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But wait .... there is more.

The original promotion that ended 9/16 is now extended through 9/30.

1694714225994.png

Window into inventory as of today looks the same (sure some dates are gone/changed)
1694714303681.png

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Moderator please delete (accidental repost)

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Moderator please delete (accidental repost)

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how it landed in my account. I was actually getting ready to use points to book and it gave me the option of "Unlock Massanutten" instead of my deposit credit. There was some discussion about this a while ago. I almost think that I when I started to book, it popped up because I don't recall seeing it before.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have "Unlock Massanutten" under Deposited Weeks. If anyone wants to use it, please PM me.

1694881735545.png

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks Promotion for Making Deposit ($25 for making a deposit would not get me all that excited, and this is only a chance to get $25.)

1695154599637.png

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In classic RCI style/implementation, it is now 10/1 and RCI is still promoting the special that ended 9/30 on their website. And it is crippled if you try to book using it.

#NewShapeofTravel

Attachments

• IMG_2127.png
    IMG_2127.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2128.jpeg
    IMG_2128.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And here is the new promotion that replaces the last. Discounted trading power at select resorts for exchanges booked by 10/6 for travel through 4/28/24.

1696304596364.png

It appears to be tied to trading power discounts in both points AND weeks accounts. I am having a hard time getting a visualization of the inventory in a points account, but below are screenshots from a weeks account providing an overview of what is discounted.

By Regions:

1696305091651.png

In the USA:

1696305167984.png

The screenshot of the kid in the canoe at the top is from the email advertising the sale. Below is how it looks on the website under "my offers."

1696305276720.png

Sn0wbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
2-Days Only! Book a 7-night Exchange vacation at select resorts for just $229 USD. Hurry, offer ends 10/11/23. Must travel by 12/31/23.

2-Days Only! Book a 7-night Exchange vacation at select Vidanta resorts for just $99 USD. Plus, enjoy 100% waived resort fees Offer ends 10/11/23. Must travel by 12/31/23.
1696959071354.png

Attachments

• 1696959155841.png
    1696959155841.png
    583.1 KB · Views: 5

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$219 Exchange for select resorts if booked by 10/31 for travel through 12/31.

1698427834460.png

As of today this applies to 126 resorts in the USA ... it includes the VV and some others locally that my family frequents.

1698428942722.png

Last edited:

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
With all the fees continuing to go up decided to lock in my membership for awhile. It's not on the website as far as I have seen but I was offered on chat a couple weeks ago when I was asking about something else. I just started a new chat this morning and asked if it was still available. He told me it expires November 30th:

Offer is 3 + 2 years of regular membership for $327 and payment will be deferred until January 24, 2024 (December 25 was also an option). So, just got 5 years for $327 expires June 2029.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Wow! :whooopie: Nice of you to share ~ what a deal!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Assuming this is for RCI Weeks and not for RCI Points (they treat you as the captive customer you are once in points).

With all the fees continuing to go up decided to lock in my membership for awhile. It's not on the website as far as I have seen but I was offered on chat a couple weeks ago when I was asking about something else. I just started a new chat this morning and asked if it was still available. He told me it expires November 30th:

Offer is 3 + 2 years of regular membership for $327 and payment will be deferred until January 24, 2024 (December 25 was also an option). So, just got 5 years for $327 expires June 2029.

Zekes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Spinnaker
Assuming this is for RCI Weeks and not for RCI Points (they treat you as the captive customer you are once in points).
How do they treat you as the captive customer you are once in points?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Honestly, I don’t have serious complaints about the subscription fee. It has not had significant increases, and is not scheduled to increase in January. If I had my preference, it would be to increase it and leave exchange fees alone.

They simple don’t discount the fee to join RCI Points and seldom run promotions on renewing since it takes a timeshare purchase (resale works) to join and once in you are pretty much committed to staying.

Here is the current fee structure on it.

IMG_2341.jpeg

How do they treat you as the captive customer you are once in points?

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I would hope they offer a similar discount for us Canadians. Right now the 1 yr renewal is $176.Cndn and the 5 yr renewal isnt even an option.
I wonder if RCI would refund any unused years if we get rid of our timeshares and dont want to use the Last Calls & EVs.

~Diane

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I think I have to call to renew my RCI Points subscription. I cannot seem to do it online.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You normally can do it online (when the website is working). When they don’t let you do it online is when you have to extend your unit’s enrollment (don’t remember the exact term) in RCI Points to ensure it goes as far out as your membership is paid.

I think I have to call to renew my RCI Points subscription. I cannot seem to do it online.