• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Little things...

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can understand that you went over your CWP point allotment because points are blind.

My question is.
Did the system allow you to go over your ARP point allocation to make the RARP reservation?

My max ARP would have been 562k points for one particular resort. The total for these 3 reservations was ~918k points. It doesn't look like total ARP points deeded at any particular resort (or even of the PIC variety) applies to RARP.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I need to use that advice for my future Newport vacations. We always skip because we need a 2 bedroom, but a 1 bedroom sleeping 6 will work!

I can't imagine six people and only one bath.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine six people and only one bath.

It would only be 4, but my kids can't sleep on the same bed. The one bedroom that sleeps six would be points savings over a 2BR withou putting the kids in one bed.

Oh, and when I visited this summer, I stopped in to see if the 2 bedrooms that sleep 6 face the water. None of them do. Just an FYI.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
It would only be 4, but my kids can't sleep on the same bed. The one bedroom that sleeps six would be points savings over a 2BR withou putting the kids in one bed.

Oh, and when I visited this summer, I stopped in to see if the 2 bedrooms that sleep 6 face the water. None of them do. Just an FYI.

I still can't imagine six people and only one bath. But, I guess the designer can.

Last edited:

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I booked a June 2019 week at Inn at Long Wharf during the last week of August this year. Yes it was at about 10 months, but I did have a choice of June dates. Admittedly that's just anecdotal evidence, but I mention it only because I wasn't even thinking about the ten month thing, I was just browsing places I might want to go to next summer.

I do acknowledge that a recurring event week will probably not be available at 10 months, but that's the stuff we have to learn over time in order to get the most from our ownership. Don't assume. And if you want a week that you believe might be tough to get, keep checking it at 11 months out for availability, and if it's still there when the 10 month point arrives, jump on it. You can always cancel it if your circumstances change.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I would check at midnight at 10 months exactly.
Yes .. this is what we do and it has worked in the past at various resorts.
And then again as the travel time gets closer, people will cancel as well.

Bob