• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking For Oahau/Waikiki Restaurants Recommendations

Successful4life

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traveling to Honolulu, staying at Hokulani. It is a trip for my birthday and looking for best steakhouse suggestions. TUG family what are your suggestions? We are not opposed to venturing out a little.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Not a steakhouse but across the street is Taormina Sicilian which is excellent. There was a place we went to last trip in the International mall which was great. 1832 or something like that. It’s named after a year. I can’t recall currently, Really Good.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Deleted

Last edited:

Successful4life

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Buzgly. Forgot to mention that we will be there 3/5 - 3/12. Still open to suggestions.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
When we lived in Honolulu, we had two favorites, Hy's and Aloha Steakhouse. Neither had a view but the food and service were excellent.

Hy's is more an old school Steakhouse and Aloha is more casual and modern. There's a lot of other choices too and I'm sure others will add their thoughts.🤙🏻

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Not a steakhouse but across the street is Taormina Sicilian which is excellent. There was a place we went to last trip in the International mall which was great. 1832 or something like that. It’s named after a year. I can’t recall currently, Really Good.
It's Eating House 1849. It's a Roy Yamaguchi restaurant. 🤙🏻

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
And don’t forget Buzz’s steakhouse on the east side. How could I forget that?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds like they will be at The Ritz Carlton once a week.

Successful4life

TUG Member
Reaction score
Slip, no problem. I appreciate all the recommendations. We’re leaning towards Aloha.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The Steak Shack next to Ft, DeRussy isn't a fancy sit down restaurant but they do cook a tasty steak plate. We like to go to the Steak Shack right before sunset and have a plate on the lawn next to the beach at Ft DeRussy.

Bill

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Slip, no problem. I appreciate all the recommendations. We’re leaning towards Aloha.
Aloha has been around a few years now and they have moved a couple times, each to a bigger place. We have enjoyed it there many times.

Successful4life

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Steak Shack next to Ft, DeRussy isn't a fancy sit down restaurant but they do cook a tasty steak plate. We like to go to the Steak Shack right before sunset and have a plate on the lawn next to the beach at Ft DeRussy.

Bill
Bill, thanks for the recommendation, we plan to pick up lunch at the steak shake during our visit.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Sorry, but for a special dinner, I'd want a restaurant with a view. Our favorite for a sunset view is the Hula Grill, on the 2nd floor of the Outrigger Waikiki. I always eat fresh fish when we go, but they have a good selection of steaks too. I took this picture last time we went.
001%202017-01-31%2018-35-07%20.jpg

Successful4life

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but for a special dinner, I'd want a restaurant with a view. Our favorite for a sunset view is the Hula Grill, on the 2nd floor of the Outrigger Waikiki. I always eat fresh fish when we go, but they have a good selection of steaks too. I took this picture last time we went.
The view looks spectacular! It’s on my must do list. . . Thanks!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
For casual dining with a view and live music, you can't beat House Without a Key. (the prices aren't that casual).
002%202017-02-01%2018-11-11%20.jpg

Shiba

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like Morton's Steakhouse, but Artringwald wins. That's a great view!

Last edited:

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
Steak Shack next to Ft, DeRussy
Thanks. Funny thing is I was washing my feet at the shower next to that yesterday. I saw a bunch of people hanging around it and thought "I've walked by that place 20x at least and I don't even know what it is. Oh well. Places to go. Things to do."
Now that I know, we'll try that in the next few days. Good thing for them at that spot: right next to beach. Bad thing for them at that spot: not a really busy spot on the beach and when walking by there are other things to look at than their menu. Thanks again

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Thanks. Funny thing is I was washing my feet at the shower next to that yesterday. I saw a bunch of people hanging around it and thought "I've walked by that place 20x at least and I don't even know what it is. Oh well. Places to go. Things to do."
Now that I know, we'll try that in the next few days. Good thing for them at that spot: right next to beach. Bad thing for them at that spot: not a really busy spot on the beach and when walking by there are other things to look at than their menu. Thanks again

I think most people find this place by accident. That's how we found it. It's more like a food truck than a restaurant, imo.

Bill

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
Not busy for waikiki is still somewhat busy. But definitely more of a locals beach along the fort which is definitely what their menu caters to. Definitely would not exist if the Fort was more developed resort instead of park with a relatively small resort.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best steaks we have had in Honolulu have been at Wolfgang's at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. There are views everywhere in Hawaii, and so much time to put your feet up and enjoy a cocktail overlooking the ocean, or just bask in the sand. When buying a nice porterhouse, ribeye, or other, my focus is on the quality of the meal, not the view.

Successful4life

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best steaks we have had in Honolulu have been at Wolfgang's at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. There are views everywhere in Hawaii, and so much time to put your feet up and enjoy a cocktail overlooking the ocean, or just bask in the sand. When buying a nice porterhouse, ribeye, or other, my focus is on the quality of the meal, not the view.
Thanks Steven. Tonight, we will celebrate my b/d at Roy’s & Wolfgang on Friday😂

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
+1 for Hula Grill. I was there on Wednesday.