• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott-branded timeshares planned for World Gateway near Disney World

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
Cannot access your link without subscribing. So can you summarize the content?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Cannot access your link without subscribing. So can you summarize the content?
You can hit CTRL+A then CTRL+C quickly (before popup) and paste to Word. Here is an excerpt (source: www.growthspotter.com/2024/03/15/marriott-branded-timeshares-planned-for-world-gateway-near-disney-world/)
Marriott Vacations Worldwide recently submitted plans to build a timeshare community within the vast World Gateway PD, located near Disney World.
. . .
A site plan from civil engineer Kimley-Horn indicates that the Marriott-branded timeshare community, called Gateway Vista, will have a total of 225 units, including 5 studios, 124 two-bedrooms, and 80 two-bedrooms with lock-off. The remaining 16 units are proposed to be located in three separate “lake house” buildings situated by a proposed water feature.
. . .
In the recently submitted plans, the main timeshare building that will hold a majority of the units will be ten stories with a three-story parking garage. Meanwhile, the lake house buildings, which are proposed to be built in an additional phase after the main building, will rise two stories. The plans also indicate that a large amenity could include three separate pools connected by walking trails.
1711494759541.png

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Looking at the design and architecture company, it looks like they have done a lot of resorts for Marriott, Vistana and Hilton.

Call me excited. Yup!!

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know it's Orlando where there are a million timeshares but any nice planned timeshare new to the system should be a welcome addition over Plus options. Anyone who doesn't want to use it doesn't have to. If it's MVC it'll be trust only and should be fairly neutral or possibly even slightly favorable to fees given how high they are already.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see any additional renderings. This article just seems to be an exact quote of the original in GrowthSpotter.
I meant additional from what was directly posted in this thread as it seemed most couldn't access the GrowthSpotter article.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the area even though we just spent 2 weeks at MGV. Is this close to Disney Springs? We did enjoy the restaurants in Disney Springs. We drove and we parked at one of the garages there.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am not familiar with the area even though we just spent 2 weeks at MGV. Is this close to Disney Springs? We did enjoy the restaurants in Disney Springs. We drove and we parked at one of the garages there.
It is somewhat close to Disney Springs. You can get there the "back way" through the WDW entrance. It is actually very close to Orlando World Center Marriott and the three Palms properties (Sabal, Royal and Imperial Palms).

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is somewhat close to Disney Springs. You can get there the "back way" through the WDW entrance. It is actually very close to Orlando World Center Marriott and the three Palms properties (Sabal, Royal and Imperial Palms).
If so, why the excitement with this planned property? MVC already has a ton of properties in Orlando.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If so, why the excitement with this planned property? MVC already has a ton of properties in Orlando.
It is NEW. Sometimes it is about the resort and not the destination. Many people go to Orlando, don't rent a car and spend most of their time at the resort. Sure they could build a resort in Ecuador, but what are the chances I would get there anytime soon. Orlando is a lot closer.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
And it's not a Pulse. I also like new resorts, will likely visit at least once.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
And it's not a Pulse. I also like new resorts, will likely visit at least once.
Technically, we don't know what brand they will market the property under.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not? This may not even be a Marriott Vacation Club. Perhaps they make it Westin Vacation Club or possibly even Hyatt Vacation Club.

I hope they come up with a different name than Gateway Vista.

I am surprised we haven't heard anything about this on any past VAC earnings calls.
I realize it's something new and shiny, but Orlando already has far more supply than demand, regardless of how they brand it. I guess maybe if they brand it as Westin and put it in Westin Flex it'll add an option for those resale owners, or yeah, Hyatt. But all those owners can easily find stays in Orlando via II Exchanges/Getaways. I'm all about new dots on the map to expand possibilities, though yes, some new locations I'd be less likely to visit.

I agree, Gateway Vista is kinda lame.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems likely to me that this will be under one of their other brands (Westin or Hyatt). Why would they spend money on a new ground up development here - iirc correctly some or their existing Orlando resorts have space for more units that they've never built, which would surely be cheaper.

The other big reason they build new is to host a new sales centre, but given how many MVC sales sales centres they have in the immediate vicinity that doesn't seem especially likely compared to some of the pulse locations where that was a big benefit.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems likely to me that this will be under one of their other brands (Westin or Hyatt). Why would they spend money on a new ground up development here - iirc correctly some or their existing Orlando resorts have space for more units that they've never built, which would surely be cheaper.

The other big reason they build new is to host a new sales centre, but given how many MVC sales sales centres they have in the immediate vicinity that doesn't seem especially likely compared to some of the pulse locations where that was a big benefit.
Right now I think they only have sales centers at Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve and the two Sheraton Vistana properties. If they add a new sales center at "Gateway Vista" they can direct Sabal, Royal and Imperial Palms guests to this sales office. Perhaps making it a little more enticing with not as much of a drive or shuttle ride over. They can also do the same with guests staying at the Orlando World Center Marriott Hotel. Perhaps this will increase conversion rates for marketing getting people to sign up.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now I think they only have sales centers at Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve and the two Sheraton Vistana properties. If they add a new sales center at "Gateway Vista" they can direct Sabal, Royal and Imperial Palms guests to this sales office. Perhaps making it a little more enticing with not as much of a drive or shuttle ride over. They can also do the same with guests staying at the Orlando World Center Marriott Hotel. Perhaps this will increase conversion rates for marketing getting people to sign up.
Ah. That is interesting. In that case I think it's more likely they do make it a Marriott, and the sales centre is the likely reason for building it all.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Given that Orlando is a huge hole in the Hyatt Vacation Club network, it would not surprise me in the least if this turns out to be a new Hyatt and not a Marriott or even a Westin. Investing capital in new Orlando development would seem to make a lot more sense for the Hyatt network than it does for Abound, which already has a huge footprint there.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Given that Orlando is a huge hole in the Hyatt Vacation Club network, it would not surprise me in the least if this turns out to be a new Hyatt and not a Marriott or even a Westin. Investing capital in new Orlando development would seem to make a lot more sense for the Hyatt network than is does for Abound, which already has a huge footprint there.
Hyatt would make the most sense. A huge untapped market to sell to in order to clear a bunch of Welk inventory they are holding. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I sent Marriott Vacations a message to see if they have anything official to say. I suspect that they haven't said anything on an earnings call because they aren't the actual buyer/owner of the land like they did in Charleston or Savannah. Perhaps someone will ask about it on the next earnings call, but that isn't going to be till May.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hyatt would make the most sense. A huge untapped market to sell to in order to clear a bunch of Welk inventory they are holding. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I sent Marriott Vacations a message to see if they have anything official to say. I suspect that they haven't said anything on an earnings call because they aren't the actual buyer/owner of the land like they did in Charleston or Savannah. Perhaps someone will ask about it on the next earnings call, but that isn't going to be till May.
I wonder which side of Hyatt it would be on. I don't own any on either, but seem to recall that there is still a difference between the original Hyatt side of things and the Welk Hyatt side. If they're looking to sell Welk inventory, it might make more sense on that side of things, but who knows. HGVC has taken on selling the old Diamond/HVC trust product at HGVC sites, so it could be either.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder which side of Hyatt it would be on. I don't own any on either, but seem to recall that there is still a difference between the original Hyatt side of things and the Welk Hyatt side. If they're looking to sell Welk inventory, it might make more sense on that side of things, but who knows. HGVC has taken on selling the old Diamond/HVC trust product at HGVC sites, so it could be either.
I guess it would depend on how Marriott Vacations plans to build out that program. Right now they have Hyatt weeks, Hyatt Portfolio Points and also Hyatt Platinum Points. The last one is the legacy Welk stuff. As with how they went about Abound, I fully expect they are working on some kind of integrated program that will bring at least Portfolio and Platinum points together into some program where owners can make reservations across resorts in both programs. The main thing being having a unified point exchange program and at some point selling a single product. I would think that is the Hyatt Portfolio Points. I would expect them to put any new resorts into the legacy Welk points product.