• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten Questions

kbvancouver

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello. My husband, son and I leave for Massanutten in about 2 weeks. I have a couple questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

We are staying at the Summit. Do you know if there is high speed internet connections in the rooms? If not in the room, is there some place close that we can hook up at? Or, someplace that has wireless?

I know a couple other people have mentioned that they have received the discount card for late check in. We, too, have received that offer and since we're not arriving at the resort until late, we will be taking advantage of it. Does anyone know how much the lift tickets are? We're trying to decide which offer (the 10% store discount or lift ticket) would be more beneficial.

Any information you have would be appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Kim

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten Scenic Chairlift Ride

Scenic Chairlift Ride

Rates:
Adults - $5
Children under 12 - $3
Children 5 and under free with paid adult
(36" minimum height requirement)

Tickets:Available from 8:30am to 3:00pm at the General Store.

Last edited:

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten only has dial up in the units. I have never heard of a broadband capablity on the property, but I may be out of date on that.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember that the City of Elkton Public Library (east of Massanutten on 33) had high speed internet. The library in Harrisonburg probably has it too, but Elkton is closer to Massanutten. When I'm there, I use my SBC dial up number. You'd think an upscale resort like Massanutten would at least have high speed in a club house or somewhere!! I'd call to find out since many resorts are now adding this service....many recently. However, some offer a very expensive pay as you go service which I refuse to pay. :mad:

bscarlett

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from the summit at massanutten and there is no broadband or wireless internet available. I am assuming you can use dial-up there but we did not try it.

The library in Harrisonburg has computers you can use for 1/2 hour - we did it with no problem at all. The library is right across the street from the hassisonburg vistors center so just follow the signs to the vistors center from I 81and park in their lot and go across the street to the library. the vistor center has a TON of info too so you might want to stop in there to get some ideas of activities. they have an entire 40 page booklet of activities to do with kids in the area. I don't know how old you son is but if he is under 8 he would probably like the harrisonburg Children's Museum which is three blocks from the vistors center. If he is a preschooler they have storytimes at the library too (http://www.mrlib.org/). My daughters are 3 and almost 7 and loved both the museum and the library!

Also downtown is a coffee shop called The Daily Grind that advertised having free wireless. It was two blocks from the vistors center so you could probably go there with your laptop. There was a paint your own pottery shop to right across the street from the library that is geared for anyone over age 4.