• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

new forum from founder of flyertalk

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
randy sold FT a while ago. he posts there, so is "associated," but is no longer involved in an official capacity as of 12/31/10. one of the moderators was named "community director."

im not sure how milepoint is changing at launch. going to be interesting to see.

Last edited:

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
randy sold FT a while ago. he posts there, so is "associated," but is no longer involved in an official capacity as of 12/31/10. one of the moderators was named "community director."

im not sure how milepoint is changing at launch. going to be interesting to see.

Thanks. I did go over to FT and see that Randy sold FT a couple of years ago. Guess I wasn't paying much attention at that time.

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very confused.

What is the differnce between Flyertalk and this one, is he just trying to steal all the people away?

KT

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the idea of such a large mass of bargain hunters learning about timeshares. Many of the inefficiencies of the system that we have learned to take advantage of would be worked out if they know how great it was.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
its not like there arent timeshare owners on FT. they come up in the hotel forums.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the overwhelming majority of FT memers are like I was, though - totally ignorant of the value you can get out of timeshares. Where I've mainly need them discussed is in relation to hotel loyalty programs. For instance, buying a large enough Starwood contract to get Platinum for life.

ArthurN

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a longtime tugger and FT member....I find great value in both platforms. I still enjoy a great stay at a top notch hotel/resort as much as I enjoy a great TS stay. I still like to experience the superior services and amenities of a Four Seasons or Ritz-Carlton resort. I find that this is something that no timeshare can duplicate and FT offers the best advice/opinions for Luxury Travel. And of course we all know that TUG is the King of timeshare advice. Just glad that both forums exist and very interested to what this new launch has to offer.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
define irony >

1. this thread has been hijacked
2. all 3 threads on milepoint TS forum have been hijacked
3. i am not a TS person, and yet am addressing TS "myths" on milepoint

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the idea of such a large mass of bargain hunters learning about timeshares. Many of the inefficiencies of the system that we have learned to take advantage of would be worked out if they know how great it was.

No need to worry, flyertalk community is mostly folks who want stuff for free, not cheap. Any type of long-term committment is alien to majority of them.

It is all about "Use business travel, credit card deals, buy and recirculate stuff on mileage earning credit cards, anything to get miles and free stays and use them to get air, hotel, first-class upgrades, suite upgrades and free breakfast." They just do not want to take the time to understand timesharing. Flyertalkers will trip over each other for a suite upgrade, but a 3 bedroom condo attached to the same Marriott is no good.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
seriously? im not going to bother correcting that, even though i corrected FTer's mistaken impressions regarding TUG users.

forum vs forum seems to have gotten ridiculous while i wasnt looking or something.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
forum vs forum seems to have gotten ridiculous while i wasnt looking or something.

Dude, by saying, "They just added a timeshare forum," here, you invited a discussion of the merits of various TS forums. TUG'gers simply do not fall over themselves in praise of anythiing wiithout hashing out the pros and cons. Thread-drift is a time-honored BBS tradition.

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Different demographic based purely on my own observations - FT tends to be populated by people that spend an inordinate amount of time traveling much of which seems to be on business. They earn their status on air and hotel programs or via whatever other method is available to them. They tend to want to maximize their usage of the programs they belong to - their collective knowledge has allowed me to leverage my usage in order to get the best value from my non-TS vacations. Business travelers aren't likely to consider TS because it's simply not an appropriate venue for them at least in so far as business travel is concerned.

TUG tends to be populated by people that spend most of their time traveling on personal vacations. They also earn their status in their TS programs and use TUG to find ways to maximize the usage of the TS they own and their vacation experiences.

Cruise critic does the same for those that prefer that manner of travel.

DPR does the same for camera enthusiasts, etc, etc, etc.

The comment about FTers wanting things for free is just a bizarre comment - ever notice how many people here are quite willing to go to, and brag about going to, a TS presentation for the gift - give your head a shake.

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed with total hjack of this thread (and why move it???)

Anyway, yes Kage, it would be great to have them add a DC/RC subforum to the forum. The industry seems like it may be making a comeback as the high end economy recovers.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
travelguy i requested move.

two things >

state of DC industry (keep hope alive!)

state of milepoint

= i give up

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
This seems like an extremely unfair and judgmental assessment of FT users. I think you know naught of what you speak.

No need to worry, flyertalk community is mostly folks who want stuff for free, not cheap. Any type of long-term committment is alien to majority of them.

It is all about "Use business travel, credit card deals, buy and recirculate stuff on mileage earning credit cards, anything to get miles and free stays and use them to get air, hotel, first-class upgrades, suite upgrades and free breakfast." They just do not want to take the time to understand timesharing. Flyertalkers will trip over each other for a suite upgrade, but a 3 bedroom condo attached to the same Marriott is no good.