• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Orleans Avenue Plaza (aka Wyndam/Worldmark) ownership transfer

Garden115

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to set up escrow before advertising sale of 1 bedroom. Who do I contact to facilitate this? Preference would be a recommendation from someone who recently purchased. The deed was recorded in NOLA. It is a contract for annual use. It is not not part of Wyndham or Worldmark and such contracts are sometimes referred to as "original owners".

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
It is not not part of Wyndham or Worldmark and such contracts are sometimes referred to as "original owners".
It is not a Wyndham week?

Speaking as an Avenue Plaza owner, unless it is an event week (Lundi Gras, Mardi Gras, French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest, or Sugar Bowl) you will be hard pressed to sell it for much more than $1. There is a week for sale on ebay right now for $1 with $49 closing cost.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Speaking as an Avenue Plaza owner, unless it is an event week (Lundi Gras, Mardi Gras, French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest, or Sugar Bowl) you will be hard pressed to sell it for much more than $1. There is a week for sale on ebay right now for $1 with $49 closing cost.
Hi @scootr5
Based on legacy posts by @ronparise about good rental weeks- I would add the Essence Music Festival [ July 4th weekend ]

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi @scootr5
Based on legacy posts by @ronparise about good rental weeks- I would add the Essence Music Festival [ July 4th weekend ]

I have rented units for Essence fest as well (but not since they stopped allowing overlapping split weeks); the thing is, any float week that you can buy for the $1 can book that time frame.

Last edited:

Garden115

TUG Member
Reaction score

That is not what I am selling and is points. Mine is fractional ownership week

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is not what I am selling and is points. Mine is fractional ownership week
You have my curiosity piqued, as I’ve never heard of anything like that. Wyndham has float weeks and weeks converted to points, and the Worldmark units are booked with points.

Who do you contact to make reservations? Who do you pay your maintenance fees to? What week(s) do you have access to?

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Worldmark units are booked with points.
Worldmark has a fractional option via their Residence Club; not at New Orleans, though. They sold some units at Seaside, South Shore and Depoe Bay as such when they were first built. They are a separate HOA from the 'regular' WM owners.

Garden115

TUG Member
Reaction score

You have my curiosity piqued, as I’ve never heard of anything like that. Wyndham has float weeks and weeks converted to points, and the Worldmark units are booked with points.

Who do you contact to make reservations? Who do you pay your maintenance fees to? What week(s) do you have access to?
The ownership is Avenue Plaza Owner Association. I book reservations to a phone number for us owners. If you go to Redweek, you will see these ownerships for sale. Dues are collected by Wyndham.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The ownership is Avenue Plaza Owner Association. I book reservations to a phone number for us owners. If you go to Redweek, you will see these ownerships for sale. Dues are collected by Wyndham.

The reservation phone number is 800-225-3522? I'm assuming your week floats 1-52 and you can reserve any of those, with the exception of the event weeks of Lundi Gras, Mardi Gras, French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest weeks 1 & 2, and Sugar Bowl week?

That is the same thing I own. The Avenue Plaza Owners Association is the underlying HOA of the resort, but pretty much controlled by Wyndham. Wyndham handles the reservations and the billing; for all practical purposes it is a "Wyndham weeks ownership"

Last edited:

Garden115

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reservation phone number is 800-225-3522? I'm assuming your week floats 1-52 and you can reserve any of those, with the exception of the event weeks of Lundi Gras, Mardi Gras, French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest weeks 1 & 2, and Sugar Bowl week?

That is the same thing I own. The Avenue Plaza Owners Association is the underlying HOA of the resort, but pretty much controlled by Wyndham. Wyndham handles the reservations and the billing; for all practical purposes it is a "Wyndham weeks ownership"
Yes, all is as you state. I have not heard the ownership called that. At the resort they refer to my ownership as "original owners". My deed is as stated ... and that is still not the same as the points for sale on eBay.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dude - my asking price will be $200, + split cost of closing ..... telling you because you seem so concerned about this transaction

My intent was not to annoy you, so I apologize if I did. I was merely trying to clarify info for future readers of the thread researching the resort, as this particular one has a lot of nuances and I learned a great deal of them by reading through the various posts on this forum.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
My intent was not to annoy you, so I apologize if I did. I was merely trying to clarify info for future readers of the thread researching the resort, as this particular one has a lot of nuances and I learned a great deal of them by reading through the various posts on this forum.

No good deed goes unpunished. (Oscar Wilde, maybe)

Garden115

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your response. I am not notified of messages so only get them when I log in again, sorry for the delayed answer,