• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Orleans Restaurant Recommendations Wanted

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please suggest your favorite restaurants accessible by public transit as we won't have a car. At the recommendation of another Tugger, we will be staying at the Drury Inn, which is close but not in the French Quarter. Any cuisine is fine. We are looking for hole in the wall type places, bars, local favorites, etc. with good food, not high end, white tablecloth dining. Thanks for your help. This will be our first trip to NO.

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Daisy Dukes...several locations & a couple near trolley stops. Each of us like something different (po boys, alligator sausage, jambalaya) & they have great breakfast all day. Check out their hours as they changed due to staffing post-covid.

For muffulettas, try weltys deli about 5-6 blocks from the drury.

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I’ll admit it’s been a number of years since we ate there, but Johnny’s Poboys at 511 St Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70130 has been a favorite of ours. We used to make sure to get there early or late relative to lunchtime, because the line was so long at peak with all the workers wanting to eat there. And their meatballs and spaghetti tasted just like my momma’s.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Here is a list of restaurants, compliments of Quarter House.

Edit: While I'm at it, here's QH's "Concierge Tips," which has some recommendations in addition to restaurants. One recommendation of mine if you have transportation and a spare day -- take a drive across the bayou to Avery Island, home of Tabasco sauce, near New Iberia, LA. Besides the hot sauce facility, it is an utterly beautiful place.

Attachments

• N.O. Restaurants (from Quarter House).pdf
    485.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Quarter House Concierge Tips.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

aandmrun

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How about a great Seafood boil at the Fiery Crab Restaurant? We had fun there with our daughter and granddaughter.
IMG_6093.JPG

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Got one!

The Court of Two Sisters (Royal Street) has a jazz brunch buffet from 9 AM to mid-afternoon sometime. The menu changes around 11:30 AM so a good time to get a reservation is about 10:30 or 11:00 AM. That lets you try the breakfast items before they are phased out as well as the items added after 11:30.

Pace yourself and plan on being there for a while. There are so many items that are so good that simply sampling them all would be difficult.

When you're done, see if you can waddle down to Café du Monde for coffee.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The New Orleans School of Cooking (www.nosoc.com) has late morning demonstration classes where you have for lunch what was prepared during the demonstration. They also have afternoon demos. Prices have increased dramatically. Same as every place else.

My favorite day is Friday. They make a shrimp and artichoke soup that may be the best thing I've ever tasted.

Get some Joe's Stuff, pralines, cook books, etc., in the store. Joe's Stuff is a great cajun seasoning. Joe's Stuff Bayou Blend has a little more cayenne.

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Clifffaith and chapjim Those recommendations sound great. Ufortunately, we won't be there on a Friday to have the shrimp and artichoke soup, but I enjoy cooking classes so I'll look into this. I hope we make it there and it sounds like fun and buying those seasonings at the store would be great.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Clifffaith and chapjim Those recommendations sound great. Ufortunately, we won't be there on a Friday to have the shrimp and artichoke soup, but I enjoy cooking classes so I'll look into this. I hope we make it there and it sounds like fun and buying those seasonings at the store would be great.

Bon appetit!

Attachments

• NOSOC S&A Soup.pdf
    373.4 KB · Views: 11

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Pat O’Brien’s is famous for it's bar, but we had an excellent dinner and dessert at the semi-attached Pat O'Brien's Courtyard Restaurant. It's about a 15 walk from the Drury Inn. The entrance is on Bourbon Street.

Armada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Old Town Alexandria
La Belle Maison
Galatoire's for Friday lunch is always a must for us. It is a locals' tradition where they go to see and be seen. Always fun to watch the interactions between the different tables. Ask for a table on the first floor when you make the reservation and remember that jackets are required for men.

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Galatoire's, Commanders Palace, Dragos in Metairie, Ralph's on the Park@City Park, Cafe Du Monde French Quarter open 24/7

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Armada and TravelJoy. I'm glad you mentioned jackets are required for men. Darn, I guess Galatoire's won't work for us. We are doing a two week beach vacation prior to New Orleans, so we won't have a suit jacket with us.

Thanks to everyone for the many suggestions. We are looking forward to eating some good southern food.

NKana

Reaction score
The Ruby Slipper is great for a casual breakfast. By far one of my favorite places in the country, I think we went there 4 out of 6 days. Get the Shrimp Benedict and French toast bites to go with your mimosa.

Parkway Bakery is a short Uber ride from the French Quarter but it’s worth it for their bbq beef and fried shrimp PoBoy.

Brennan’s is the birth place of the Bananas Foster and Palace Cafe has an amazing white chocolate bread pudding.

Landry’s is near Jackson Square and has a really good crawfish bread, perfect for an appetizer with your drinks, and Cafe Du Monde is right next door with world famous beignets and cafe au lait.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I second the Riby Slipper, everything was great. We also love Mother's. Have the Ferdi Special Poboy.🤙🏻

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks NKana and Slip. I love eggs benedict and enjoy mimosas so we'll have to go to the Ruby Slipper. Crawfish bread sounds interesting and I like bread pudding but don't usually like white chocolate.

Thanks again everyone for the many restaurant suggestions. It sounds like we'll be eating our way through New Orleans.