• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Worldmark Member. Just learnt about Resale?

Papanata

Reaction score
Hello! I purchased last year a trial timeshare in Vegas with my wife . This year we finally used it and had another presentation where we ended up buying the full program . Roughly 10000 credits for 20k with 110$ maintenance a month. I guess it might not be the best deal after seeing this website but we are excited to use the RCI exchange a lot (hopefully it really works the way they said, as in for like 80$ a night we can stay at 1000s of place which is incredible seeing the prices of hotels and airbnbs are 100s$). I just found this website and read about buying through here and the numbers seem ridiculously better, but it doesn’t include the timeshare. I see in the FAQ that you can combine accounts ? As in , I know ours isn’t the best deal ( compared to what I see on this website in pricing and points ) but we don’t mind as it feels “official” the way we did and also the numbers still feel like they work out for us with the RCI benefit as we like to travel many times a year to diferent places ( and hopefully even more now) but I was wondering if we were to buy more points in the near future from you we could combine the (ex: 10k points for 3k$) and have 20k points per year in our account ? I feel like I have more questions but interested in your input about this. Thank you everyone !

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can combine resale and retail points if you want to upsize later.

That said, if you are within your rescission window you should definitely rescind, as you can get RCI with resale points. And even from a reputable broker the cost would be at least 80% less.

RCI (or likely even better interval international) is very reasonable for worldmark members, but it isn't like AirBNB where you just login and pick something. The best inventory in both systems goes to ongoing searches, which you have to place in advance.

Papanata

Reaction score
Yes, you can combine resale and retail points if you want to upsize later.

That said, if you are within your rescission window you should definitely rescind, as you can get RCI with resale points. And even from a reputable broker the cost would be at least 80% less.

RCI (or likely even better interval international) is very reasonable for worldmark members, but it isn't like AirBNB where you just login and pick something. The best inventory in both systems goes to ongoing searches, which you have to place in advance.
Hello and thanks for your reply ! I assume we might be as we just signed a couple of days ago. Is there a reason people resell there timeshare for so cheap? As in do they just stop travelling ? Just a curious thought.

Even if we just “cancel” our account we can create another one through resale? They don’t allow just one account per person kind of thing ?

Also what do you mean about the RCI searches ? If I wanted to book a couple of nights next week (once RCI is activated) in New York for example for the 150$ (or whatever $ through RCI) I could t find anything ? They said we need to wait like 40 days to have access to the RCI program

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
Hello and thanks for your reply ! I assume we might be as we just signed a couple of days ago. Is there a reason people resell there timeshare for so cheap? As in do they just stop travelling ? Just a curious thought.

Even if we just “cancel” our account we can create another one through resale? They don’t allow just one account per person kind of thing ?

Also what do you mean about the RCI searches ? If I wanted to book a couple of nights next week (once RCI is activated) in New York for example for the 150$ (or whatever $ through RCI) I could t find anything ? They said we need to wait like 40 days to have access to the RCI program
I got a 10k credit account for $300 plus a $299 transfer fee. Definitely rescind and buy resale

Papanata

Reaction score
I got a 10k credit account for $300 plus a $299 transfer fee. Definitely rescind and buy resale
As in 10k per year forever ? And can it be used at any of the resorts like what we got now ? That’s a ridiculous deal as I’m roughly 2 weeks a year of vacation housing for life for 500$ ?! Basically 2 weeks for 1000$ fees yearly is a great deal! I just don’t understand why people would sell there timeshare if that’s the case ! Thanks for the response

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
As in 10k per year forever ? And can it be used at any of the resorts like what we got now ? That’s a ridiculous deal as I’m roughly 2 weeks a year of vacation housing for life for 500$ ?! Basically 2 weeks for 1000$ fees yearly is a great deal! I just don’t understand why people would sell there timeshare if that’s the case ! Thanks for the response
Resale and retail owners can do the same things. Wyndham/WM has added some smoke and mirrors to try to justify the higher price for retail, but it doesn't pencil out. When you look closely and do the math, it becomes apparent that the smoke is just that without any substance.
Rescind and buy resale. The vast majority of the cost you paid is for advertising and paying for sales. The sales team can't justify their cost and have to resort to lies to make you believe in all that smoke and mirrors.
People sell for lots of reasons. Mostly because it doesn't fit their lifestyle. Maybe they are now older and can't travel. Maybe they didn't understand the need to plan vacations a year in advance. Maybe they now have kids in school and can't make it work with the school schedule....
Timeshares are great deals if it works for your lifestyle. The main thing is the need to plan well in advance. I bought my first account from a co-worker who wanted to plan a week's summer vacation at the beach in April. Those weeks are gone within minutes at 13 months out, and really longer than that. He was a very unsatisfied owner and still complains loudly about timeshares; they just didn't fit what he wanted. I, on the other hand, plan well in advance and prefer off season so it worked well for me.
If you want school vacation times in popular spots or even weekends, you will need to put some work into it to make it work. Learn the rules and how to make it work for you. Recognize that the sales folks lie and re-examine every promise they made. They likely implied that you can get anything in the RCI directory whenever you want; nope. They likely implied you can get into Depoe Bay etc whenever you want; nope.
So rescind and so some research. The best source of info for Worldmark is wmowners.com. It's a forum by and for owners of Worldmark.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
welcome to TUG, glad you found us in time to save a fortune!

rescind...research...resale!

Papanata

Reaction score
Resale and retail owners can do the same things. Wyndham/WM has added some smoke and mirrors to try to justify the higher price for retail, but it doesn't pencil out. When you look closely and do the math, it becomes apparent that the smoke is just that without any substance.
Rescind and buy resale. The vast majority of the cost you paid is for advertising and paying for sales. The sales team can't justify their cost and have to resort to lies to make you believe in all that smoke and mirrors.
People sell for lots of reasons. Mostly because it doesn't fit their lifestyle. Maybe they are now older and can't travel. Maybe they didn't understand the need to plan vacations a year in advance. Maybe they now have kids in school and can't make it work with the school schedule....
Timeshares are great deals if it works for your lifestyle. The main thing is the need to plan well in advance. I bought my first account from a co-worker who wanted to plan a week's summer vacation at the beach in April. Those weeks are gone within minutes at 13 months out, and really longer than that. He was a very unsatisfied owner and still complains loudly about timeshares; they just didn't fit what he wanted. I, on the other hand, plan well in advance and prefer off season so it worked well for me.
If you want school vacation times in popular spots or even weekends, you will need to put some work into it to make it work. Learn the rules and how to make it work for you. Recognize that the sales folks lie and re-examine every promise they made. They likely implied that you can get anything in the RCI directory whenever you want; nope. They likely implied you can get into Depoe Bay etc whenever you want; nope.
So rescind and so some research. The best source of info for Worldmark is wmowners.com. It's a forum by and for owners of Worldmark.
Hello! Thanks a lot for your answer ! I’m curious about the 13 months out thing. We are very flexible with travel dates , don’t really care about high season or certain times of year , we just do whenever . Do we still need to book 13 months out ?! We booked this stay for 3 days a couple months ago , was that just because we are on trial and they are “being sleezy”? Yes the RCI thing was big for us because the idea of paying some dollars to do any destination seems very good for us . Thanks again

Papanata

Reaction score
I guess at the end of the day the biggest thing for me is the booking time. As in because of having a Travelshare account (which can’t buy on resale ) we have access to quick bookings, as in we can book something for the next month. Or in the end does Travelshare even matter for that ?

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
Yup. The previous owners used it for 25 years and were ready to give it up and do something else

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello! Thanks a lot for your answer ! I’m curious about the 13 months out thing. We are very flexible with travel dates , don’t really care about high season or certain times of year , we just do whenever . Do we still need to book 13 months out ?! We booked this stay for 3 days a couple months ago , was that just because we are on trial and they are “being sleezy”? Yes the RCI thing was big for us because the idea of paying some dollars to do any destination seems very good for us . Thanks again
You can get RCI or an Interval account with resale as well. High demand places you’ll want to book 13 months out.

If you’re flexible and not tied to a school schedule, you can book relatively quickly based on availability. Developer doesn’t help you book more successfully

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Papanata If you are within the rescission period, I'd urge you to take advantage of that. Once that expires, you're on the hook until you find someone to take on your ownership.

You have lots of questions. Rescind. Then do the research here on TUG. We have nothing to gain by telling you untruths. Even if it turns out that buying from the developer is the best deal, they'll be happy to sell you the same thing you're rescinding later.

I think Worldmark has a great product, but like all timeshare systems, there's a learning curve, and some system-specific language. Every one is different. Rescind, then be an informed consumer.

You seem to want the flexibility of exchanging. Here's my pro-tip. If you want (and are able) to travel when most families are tied to the school schedule, you can book stays on pretty short notice- 45-60 days before move-in. O)ne of the things that make timesharing attractive to many is the very family-oriented nature of it. So going during the school year thins the crowds a LOT.

Welcome to TUG

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Worldmark is a great system and works best if you reside in the West. We are in Southern California and other than Hawaii and Pacific Northwest, we happily drive to our vacations.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hello! I purchased last year a trial timeshare in Vegas with my wife . This year we finally used it and had another presentation where we ended up buying the full program . Roughly 10000 credits for 20k with 110$ maintenance a month. I guess it might not be the best deal after seeing this website but we are excited to use the RCI exchange a lot (hopefully it really works the way they said, as in for like 80$ a night we can stay at 1000s of place which is incredible seeing the prices of hotels and airbnbs are 100s$). I just found this website and read about buying through here and the numbers seem ridiculously better, but it doesn’t include the timeshare. I see in the FAQ that you can combine accounts ? As in , I know ours isn’t the best deal ( compared to what I see on this website in pricing and points ) but we don’t mind as it feels “official” the way we did and also the numbers still feel like they work out for us with the RCI benefit as we like to travel many times a year to diferent places ( and hopefully even more now) but I was wondering if we were to buy more points in the near future from you we could combine the (ex: 10k points for 3k$) and have 20k points per year in our account ? I feel like I have more questions but interested in your input about this. Thank you everyone !

Send in the rescission letter with everyone's name that agreed to purchase. Call your credit card company and tell them you are canceling this membership. Find a low cost to free Worldmark membership and buy that. Join an exchange company if you like but with so many Worldmark resorts there really isn't much need to exchange. I love our Worldmark memberships.

Bill

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think they've oversold you on how great RCI is. There is currently 1 week available for the rest of 2023 for New York City for a standard exchange for the rest of 2023, July 15-22. You would trade wm credits, a housekeeping token, and pay a fee to RCI plus a fee to the host resort, so the effective cost of that week would be considerably more than $150/night.

I have WM and love it, but it definitely takes planning in advance.

People sell them for pennies on the dollar because thats the market price. Supply remains high because people age out, and because some of the people who buy aren't a good fit for it, they just bought it because the salesperson exaggerated in some way so it seemed like a good idea, and they don't find out about rescinding until its too late.

You found us in time - you should absolutely rescind. Buy the 10k resale if you want once you have answers to all your questions. The $17,000 you'll save will cover your maintenance fees for over a decade!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on sending out your rescission letter today! Resale and retail, i.e. sold by Wyndham/Worldmark, work the same. RCI is not like a hotel booking website. It is a timeshare exchange site. You give up your Worldmark points to trade for something else that is in RCI, i.e. weeks/timeshare deposited by others. When you buy from Wyndham/Worldmark, you get "Travelshare" privledge, which includes a RCI account. Travelshare has monthly dues. When you buy resale, you can pay for the RCI account for much less than your Travelshare dues.

I had bought a 10K Worldmark resale contract back in 2013 and sold in 2017. At that time, I paid about $4K and sold for about the same amount. I just bought a 35K contract last year for $7,500 but it came fully loaded, i.e. it came with 105K unused credits. It worked out to be about 6 cents per "permanent/contract" points, which is much less than what you paid to Worldmark/Wyndham. You just paid $2 per point. So, you can see that rescission is absolutely the right thing to do and that you have just saved yourself alot of money.

Please also go to wmowners.com. That site is dedicated to Worldmark owners, set up by other owners, not by Wyndham/Worldmark. At this point, just read and absorb as much as you can before you decide how large a Worldmark RESALE contract that you want to buy.