• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oh My!! What next???

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG. That's just crazy.........

TSTex02

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't let AA hear about this!

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have an idea for a very brazen protest action onboard the first Ryanair flight that charges for bathroom use. But this being a family-oriented forum, I'll just leave the details up to your imaginations! :eek:

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have an idea for a very brazen protest action onboard the first Ryanair flight that charges for bathroom use. But this being a family-oriented forum, I'll just leave the details up to your imaginations! :eek:

An 'interesting' image flashed across my brain when I read that :D Unless the coin slot accepts multiple currencies I can see problems ahead. Imagine somebody using the wrong coin and jamming the mechanism completely. :eek: I suppose we should just be grateful that Ryanair doesn't do trans-Atlantic.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
So everyone knows what is being discussed here...

Ryanair could make passengers pay for toilets
By SHAWN POGATCHNIK, Associated Press Writer

DUBLIN – Is a toilet an optional extra when you're at 30,000 feet? Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary seems to think so — as his no-frills carrier plumbs new depths by thinking of charging customers to use the aircraft loo.

O'Leary whipped up a frenzy of indignation and potty humor Friday as he suggested that future Ryanair passengers might be obliged to insert a British pound coin before they gain access to in-flight relief.

As always, O'Leary suggested a separate toilet fee would lower ticket costs and make flying, somehow, easier for all. Nobody, even his own aides, seemed to be sure if he was serious or pursuing his well-documented penchant for making brazen declarations to win free advertising.

"One thing we have looked at in the past, and are looking at again, is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door, so that people might have to actually spend a pound to `spend a penny' in future," O'Leary said, using a local euphemism for relieving one's self.

When asked, during an interview on BBC Television, what would happen if a customer really had to go, but didn't have the correct change, O'Leary dismissed the scenario as implausible. This even though Ireland and most of Europe uses euros, not the British currency, and even on-board attendants often find themselves without the correct change.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe Michael O'Leary will find inspiration from the car washes -- sell tokens. One token - one dollar. Take advantage of our multiple use discount. Ten tokens for a fiver.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully passengers would help each other out - the one who got stuck paying would hold the door open for the next person etc. and everyone could just line up at once.
What if someone was sick and had to throw up (and didn't think or couldn't find the barf bag)? This situation could get messy all around.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Here's what it might look like on Ryanair if they implement that policy.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Just for the record, their CEO seems to have a history of shooting from the lip before he engages his brain in the morning. This apparently has been discussed at Ryan Air but has never been seriously considered.

If it is ever seriously considered, I think putting everyone flying Ryan Air should leave a clean Depends in their seat as they leave as a reminder that there are alternatives to having to drop a penny to use the water closet in flight. Should the decide to impliment such a foolish policy, those clean Depends could be less than clean on flights thereafter.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There are 14 (now 15) responses to the topic so Mr O'Leary is already achieving his main aim - publicity for the airline, and all free. He clearly believes that there is no such thing as bad publicity and the growth of Ryanair over the years would seem to confirm that.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
we all joked about this back when the first surcharges were being imposed for god only remembers what and now HERE IT IS!!! so don't be surprised when some other brain dead CEO or owner of an airlines says:
"IF YOU WANT TO BREATH OUR AIR WHILE FLYING, WE WILL HAVE TO IMPOSE A CHARGE FOR THAT" .

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
we all joked about this back when the first surcharges were being imposed for god only remembers what and now HERE IT IS!!! so don't be surprised when some other brain dead CEO or owner of an airlines says:
"IF YOU WANT TO BREATH OUR AIR WHILE FLYING, WE WILL HAVE TO IMPOSE A CHARGE FOR THAT" .

I can see it now. When the fight attendent gives their safty demonstration they could change a few things.

To fasten your seatbelt, insert 50 cents into the slot......To remove your seatbelt insert $1 into the slot and then lift up......in the case of loss of compression, an oxygen mask will drop from the ceiling. To obtain oxygen flow please insert $5 into the slot above your head........in case of a water landing, the seat cushion can act as a floatation device. To remove the seat cushion first insert $10 into the slot beneath the cushion.....When removing items form the overhead bin, first insert $25 into the bill acceptor........Once in flight we will be diming the cabin lights. There is a light above your head for reading. Please insert 25 cents for the first 10 minutes of light and 10 cents for every 5 minutes thereafter.

Last edited:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I can see it now. When the fight attendent gives their safty demonstration they could change a few things.

To fasten your seatbelt, insert 50 cents into the slot......To remove your seatbelt insert $1 into the slot and then lift up......in the case of loss of compression, an oxygen mask will drop from the ceiling. To obtain oxygen flow please insert $5 into the slot above your head........in case of a water landing, the seat cushion can act as a floatation device. To remove the seat cushion first insert $10 into the slot beneath the cushion.....When removing items form the overhead bin, first insert $25 into the bill acceptor........Once in flight we will be diming the cabin lights. There is a light above your head for reading. Please insert 25 cents for the first 10 minutes of light and 10 cents for every 5 minutes thereafter.

:hysterical: Your humor is brilliant!

geoffb

TUG Member
Reaction score

Something like this maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJnE8Ck0n5s

-G

hebooregon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who'd a thunk?

I can't believe someone with a brain cell would actually, in all seriousness, say that was a consideration.:doh:

I couldn't believe it when some airlines decided they needed to charge for pillows and blankies either! :eek:

Jim

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I flew to Cancun this past Saturday on Jet Blue and when I asked for a blanket they said it was a set of a pillow and blanket for $7. :( I did not get a set.

hebooregon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will this count as extra luggage?

Wonder if they'll say anything when I drag my comforter and queen size goose down pillow onto the aircraft?

:rofl:

Jim