• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

owners.marriottvacationclub.com CURRENT IT ISSUES [MERGED]

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Luckily I got my reservation before the bottom fell out. As posted above, I can't even login now. FWIW, it was a weeks reservation.

Edit: Same issue on the AP site.

Where did you book? I could not book anything at all, even before the log in problems started.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
Where did you book? I could not book anything at all, even before the log in problems started.
Oceana Palms. I was in at the calendar page and clicked the refresh link at 9. It took a moment but let me select my check in day and complete the reservation. The confirmation email went to my junk so I almost called till I found it.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Now it says my login information is incorrect that I have been successfully using for 2 years - very worrisome.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@MDteX
Same for me. I wasn't able to log in earlier, and now it tells me the password is wrong.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is everyone finding that the MVC website has been painfully slow past few days. Specifically, when doing a points reservation search, after pressing the "Check Availability" button.

Last edited:

Mikieg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Frenchman's Cove, Desert Springs I
While at a sales presentation back in February, I was shown the "new" site that was due to be operational sometime this year. I must say, as presented it was a sea change from what we have now, the best feature being that the user can enter a date range and it will display everything that's available within the Destination Points system (similar to II), something that I've been screaming about for years. Sometimes I find myself with a lot of points (from banking) but not having a particular destination in mind for a given time frame. This new feature would fulfill that need instantly.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
My search results keep coming back with 0 of X availability, even where there was a lot of availability in yesterday’s searches. Any one else having same issue? I know they ran maintenance last night.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now, search showing availability, but when I click on check availability, no dates are available. Looks like they are still working through some post maintenance issues.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Maui Ocean Club, Ocean Pointe, Ocean Watch; Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Highlands Inn
Has anyone else tried to bank points recently? I've made several attempts over the past 10 days--using two different laptops and two different browers, and always get a 500 error message. Spoke to a representative at the Chairman's Club desk who said that this was due to a website update. I expressed surprise that the issue would be continuing for 10 days. That doesn't sound like a website update:)

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Has anyone else tried to bank points recently? I've made several attempts over the past 10 days--using two different laptops and two different browers, and always get a 500 error message. Spoke to a representative at the Chairman's Club desk who said that this was due to a website update. I expressed surprise that the issue would be continuing for 10 days. That doesn't sound like a website update:)
I couldn't bank points for six months after the Abound launch, getting the 500 error message every time I tried. I finally had them put it an IT ticket and it took about a month for them to resolve it so I can bank my eligible MVC-generated points. It still won't even display my Vistana-elected points on that screen so that I can bank them... For that portion of the IT ticket, they essentially told me that they gave up!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Maui Ocean Club, Ocean Pointe, Ocean Watch; Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Highlands Inn
Thanks for the info! I just reached out to MVC about this as a "known issue". Maybe they'll put in an IT ticket for us, too:)
I couldn't bank points for six months after the Abound launch, getting the 500 error message every time I tried. I finally had them put it an IT ticket and it took about a month for them to resolve it so I can bank my eligible MVC-generated points. It still won't even display my Vistana-elected points on that screen so that I can bank them... For that portion of the IT ticket, they essentially told me that they gave up!

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with MVC log in. Early this AM received 2 emails dtsoiyr waitlist came through. However one says fir garden view, the other Oceanside. I tried to login, and won’t allow me to and states, must have one active member to acces account.
Just, wondering if anyone else experience this?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Same here…..

To use the website, you must have at least one active ownership associated to your user account. If you feel you have received this message in error, please email owner.Services@vacationclub.com or contact Owner Services.

Typical crap website issues.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
No one can access this morning. I can't even get to the login page.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We have a sticky thread for this:

inishbofin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Site is still down. Now they are stating "Due to system maintenance, this area of the web site is unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience."

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I’m getting a “system maintenance” message…”Try again later”:rolleyes:

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can not access the site either @ 1:24. It has been down since last night. Also can not get them on phone.... holding for 1/2 hour as of now.

JulieAnne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there an escalation customer service line at MVC corp?

I tried an old email address but it came back as undeliverable.

We have two 3/3 units at MFC. They screwed up the rez. Put in consecutive days instead of weeks.

None of the supervisors have sufficient authority to fix it. They did put in writing that they reviewed the recording of the call made 13 months in advance and agree it was their error.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there an escalation customer service line at MVC corp?

I tried an old email address but it came back as undeliverable.

We have two 3/3 units at MFC. They screwed up the rez. Put in consecutive days instead of weeks.

None of the supervisors have sufficient authority to fix it. They did put in writing that they reviewed the recording of the call made 13 months in advance and agree it was their error.
customer.advocacy@vacationclub.com

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Anyone else getting a “Experiencing Technical Difficulties” message logging into MVC website?