• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pacific Grove Plaza Auction - Pacific Grove, CA

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
If anyone is interested in picking up a week on the Monterey Peninsula, PGP is having it's annual auction for deed backs and foreclosed property weeks. PGP is managed by VRI Americas and trades with both II and RCI.

The Pacific Grove Plaza Homeowner’s Association has acquired the following Resort Intervals through the foreclosure and deed back process. They are now for sale by a closed bid Auction. This auction is not limited to PGP owners; we encourage you to tell your family and friends. All interested bidders must fill out the bidding form below with the maximum price you wish to pay for the appropriate interval type desired. Each interval type has a minimum starting bid. All bids must be received no later than Friday May 5, 2023. The highest bidder for each interval will be determined and notified by management. After notification of a successful bid, you are responsible to open escrow as soon as possible [PGP staff will provide information to you and assist you in this process]. All of these intervals will be available for use in 2024 (except the odd biennial units). Title must be transferred, and assessments paid before use will be granted. Your bid price does not include the cost of escrow fees which will be approximately $300 per unit. If you have any questions regarding the bidding process, please call the resort.

Interval Type #1 (6 Intervals): 1-Bedroom, Annual; White Season
Minimum Bid: $1,000

Interval Type #2 (1 Interval): 1-Bedroom, Annual; Red Season
Minimum Bid: $1,500

Interval Type #3 (2 Intervals): 1-Bedroom, Biennial (even years); White Season
Minimum Bid: $250

Interval Type #4 (2 Interval): 2-Bedroom, Annual; White Season
Minimum Bid: $1,250

Interval Type #5: (1 Interval): 2-Bedroom, Biennial (odd years); Red Season
Minimum Bid: $1,000

Interval Type #6: (1 Interval): 2-Bedroom, Biennial (odd years); White Season
Minimum Bid: $500

Please send the bid to: Pacific Grove Plaza
620 Lighthouse Ave., Suite #155
Pacific Grove, CA 93940
Phone; 831-373-0562 / Fax: 831-373-2051
pgpadmin@pacificgroveplazaresort.com
kpoulin@pacificgroveplazaresort.com

Name: ________________________________________

Telephone #: ________________________________________

Email Address: ________________________________________

Mailing Address: ________________________________________

Interval Type: ________________ # of Intervals _________

Bid Amount: _________________________

If you are having trouble printing this information, please visit our website and a printable version can be found under the Auction tab.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
What are the approximate dates for White Season and Red Season? What are the Maintenance Fees for each Interval?

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
This is a Friday check- in property

White season (based on 2024 usage) is December 29 - February 23

Red season is February 23 - December 27

The property is closed for the week of March 8-15 for maintenance

The 2023 maintenance costs:

1 bedroom $983
2 bedroom $1134

This is an extremely well run property with a very dedicated board

SML123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meriweather Resort, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Garza Blanca, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
These are GREAT prices for a resort that is rarely available for a vacation trade. A golfers dream!!! Pebble Beach. Well maintained solid resort with low maint fees. Ideal opportunity. Pick up a great resort, fantastic location with no bs, for as low as $500 plus 300 transfer!!!

Last edited:

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
These are GREAT prices for a resort that is rarely available for a vacation trade. Plus these are good trading weeks. Well maintained solid resort with low maint fees. Ideal opportunity. Pick up a great resort, fantastic location with no bs, for just $500 plus 300 transfer!!!
The amounts listed are minimum bids not prices.

PGP is one of my favorite places. I agree it is a fantastic location. Nice large units. And the B level just got new carpet!

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
The amounts listed are minimum bids not prices.

PGP is one of my favorite places. I agree it is a fantastic location. Nice large units. And the B level just got new carpet!
The 4 B level units are the initial full refurbishment scheduled for 2023. The other units will are on schedule for subsequent years. I believe it scheduled over a five year timeframe for renovation all unit interiors.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
If you check the web site there is a listing of resales in addition to this auction, the 1br annual red season are reasonably priced.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this!

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Thanks for the post. Not sure i am looking now, but I could see myself buying via their resales at some point in the future.

May I ask, do they have these types of auctions often?

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Thanks for the post. Not sure i am looking now, but I could see myself buying via their resales at some point in the future.

May I ask, do they have these types of auctions often?
There are only 16 units total, but owners who deed back and foreclosures are usually offered in an auction annually.

One of the great benefits of owning here is bonus time that is offered for non-used days at a really reasonable price. These extra days are only available to owners.

Greg G

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
There are only 16 units total, but owners who deed back and foreclosures are usually offered in an auction annually.

One of the great benefits of owning here is bonus time that is offered for non-used days at a really reasonable price. These extra days are only available to owners.
Can you explain that further? "non-used days"? Is this basically saying an owner can rent available days (one or more) at reasonable prices?

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Can you explain that further? "non-used days"? Is this basically saying an owner can rent available days (one or more) at reasonable prices?
The City of Pacific Grove does not allow short term rentals without a license. The only way to rent out your week or available days is through the resort directly.

BONUS TIME
Ownership at the Resort gives owners opportunities for additional time, when available, at reduced rental rates. This additional time, called Bonus Time, is subject to availability and other terms and conditions set out in this document. Owners may request Bonus Time for themselves and immediate family (children over 21 years of age and parents) for rental of any unit, when available.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The City of Pacific Grove does not allow short term rentals without a license. The only way to rent out your week or available days is through the resort directly.

BONUS TIME
Ownership at the Resort gives owners opportunities for additional time, when available, at reduced rental rates. This additional time, called Bonus Time, is subject to availability and other terms and conditions set out in this document. Owners may request Bonus Time for themselves and immediate family (children over 21 years of age and parents) for rental of any unit, when available.

This true at almost all resorts managed by VRI.

There is VacationTyme, which is available to owners of any VRI-managed resort, and is itself a good deal. I've used VacationTyme to stay at Whispering Woods in Oregon, and at Mandalay Bay resort near Oxnard. Then there is Bonus Time, mentioned above, which has even lower rates and is available only to owners at that particular resort. At Winners Circle, Bonus Time is generally available when an owner fails to check in for a unit at least two days after the arrival date, and the owner hasn't notified the resort of their late arrival.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an exchange here for July. Looking forward to it. Any owners have any restaurant recommendations.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an exchange here for July. Looking forward to it. Any owners have any restaurant recommendations.
Passionfish is my favorite by a lot. A lot….They have a great reasonably priced wine list.

Then Fandango.

Wild Fish is ok.

These are all very close to PGP.

Sea Harvest Fish Market for a very casual dinner. It’s in New Monterey about 2 miles from PGP.

Toasties for breakfast.

Rosines in Monterey is another good breakfast option.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Agree with DAman about Passionfish - that is the first reservation we make when visiting

We also like Beach House at Lover's Point and Monterey Fish House