• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PENDING - FREE Hyatt Vacation Club (Formerly Welk) Timeshare in Northstar Lodge, Lake Tahoe - 120,000 Platinum Points Fees paid

djt2njr916

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club - Formally Welks
Don't use the timeshare, we used the interval points instead so we never touched the actual timeshare. Was formally Welks, but sometime in our ownership it changed to Hyatt Vacation (forgive me cause its been a while that we've checked up on this)
We originally got it at the Northstar Lodge in Lake Tahoe CA.
Maintenance Fees we're just paid this year, not due again till Jan 1 2026,
120,000 points available
Maintenance Fees were $1599 this year, might even consider pay the following biannual years fees too if that's something enticing for you.
No loan, Deed in hand.
Currently working with Redweek to make posting since we don't have the knowledge nor time to figure it out ourselves.
We're willing to cover any and all costs to make this happen, we just dont have any interest in this.

Hyatt Vacation Club at The Welk, San Diego Area
Hyatt Vacation Club at Northstar Lodge, Lake Tahoe
Hyatt Vacation Club at Desert Oasis, Palm Springs Area
Hyatt Vacation Club at The Ranahan, Breckenridge
Hyatt Vacation Club at The Lodges at Timber Ridge, Branson
Hyatt Vacation Club at Sirena del Mar, Cabo San Lucas
One Village Place Residences, Lake Tahoe
The Residences at El Corazon de Santa Fe

will.i.am

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Hi we would be interested in your offer

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, may I suggest you read at least the first post in this link. That post has a sample ad. As you can see, you don't need anyone to help you sell it. Many timeshares have been sold on this forum or the DIY version of Redweek. After you get some interest, LT Transfer is the preferred company to handle the rest. They are fast, cheap and efficient.
FIY: do not pay anyone money, even someone who says the want to buy. If you want to give some incentive like a gift card, it should come at closing.

djt2njr916

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To the OP, may I suggest you read at least the first post in this link. That post has a sample ad. As you can see, you don't need anyone to help you sell it. Many timeshares have been sold on this forum or the DIY version of Redweek. After you get some interest, LT Transfer is the preferred company to handle the rest. They are fast, cheap and efficient.
FIY: do not pay anyone money, even someone who says the want to buy. If you want to give some incentive like a gift card, it should come at closing.

Much noted thank you.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
would suggest removing your email there, you should have Private messages enabled now that you have 3 posts.

kamiyami

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
World of Hyatt Vacation Club
Don't use the timeshare, we used the interval points instead so we never touched the actual timeshare. Was formally Welks, but sometime in our ownership it changed to Hyatt Vacation (forgive me cause its been a while that we've checked up on this)
We originally got it at the Northstar Lodge in Lake Tahoe CA.
Maintenance Fees we're just paid this year, not due again till Jan 1 2026,
120,000 points available
Maintenance Fees were $1599 this year, might even consider pay the following biannual years fees too if that's something enticing for you.
No loan, Deed in hand.
Currently working with Redweek to make posting since we don't have the knowledge nor time to figure it out ourselves.
We're willing to cover any and all costs to make this happen, we just dont have any interest in this.

Hyatt Vacation Club at The Welk, San Diego Area
Hyatt Vacation Club at Northstar Lodge, Lake Tahoe
Hyatt Vacation Club at Desert Oasis, Palm Springs Area
Hyatt Vacation Club at The Ranahan, Breckenridge
Hyatt Vacation Club at The Lodges at Timber Ridge, Branson
Hyatt Vacation Club at Sirena del Mar, Cabo San Lucas
One Village Place Residences, Lake Tahoe
The Residences at El Corazon de Santa Fe
Could you please inform me on how it goes? I'm in the early stages of offloading mine as well and judging by what you've said we have the same vacation club package from Hyatt.

djt2njr916

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Could you please inform me on how it goes? I'm in the early stages of offloading mine as well and judging by what you've said we have the same vacation club package from Hyatt.
Well its been about a week now, so far through LT Transfers, we've completed the usual agreement paperwork, identifying sellers, buyers. We submitted the ROFR about 5 days ago, so i guess we're just waiting for that now. So far only had to pay the initial deposit.

MNTraveler05

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club
Checking back in from a new user who is looking to offload our HVC platinum points as well - how has the ROFR gone with them? Did that have to be done with a new owner identified, or can it be done in advance?

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
ROFR can only be done as part of a transaction because they have to review the price versus the ownership and decide whether or not they want to take the transaction over. You can't do this in advance of a sale, even if the price is zero.