• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pending - Hyatt Vacation Club - 720K Platinum Points - FREE

pals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sirena Del Mar
Hello,

I am giving away my ownership of 720K annual Platinum Points for Hyatt Vacation Club (HVC).
The family doesn’t need this level of points now that the kids have grown into adventure travelers who prefer camping instead of luxury resorts.

It comes with:
  • a Memorial Day weekend 2024 booking at the Sirena del Mar in Cabo
  • The remaining 480K points to use in 2024 (after the other 240K were used for the Cabo booking).
  • I can make additional 2024 bookings for the new owner to use while the transfer is in progress.
    • If you’d like to use the points in 2024 before the transfer is complete, we can facilitate that.

I can pay quarterly maintenance fees (MFs), which are $4719 annually, until the ownership transfer is complete (expecting 2-6 months based on other forum posts).

I'm only asking the new owner to cover the $300 Hyatt transfer fee and the $275+postage fee for LT Transfers to complete the escrow transfer.

Platinum Points can be used directly to make reservations at any of these resorts up to 15 months in advance of the booking dates:

Platinum Collection
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: Sirena del Mar
Lake Tahoe area in Truckee, CA: Northstar Lodge
Lake Tahoe area in Truckee, CA: One Village Place Residences
Santa Fe, NM: The Residences at El Corazon de Santa Fe
San Diego Area in Escondido, CA: The Welk:
  • Resort Villas
  • Villas on the Green
  • Mountain Villas
Palm Springs, CA: Desert Oasis
Branson, MO: The Lodges at Timber Ridge
Breckenridge, CO: The Ranahan

Experiences Collection
Princeville Kaua’i, HI: The Cliffs at Princeville
Avon, CO: Falcon Point
Kapa'a, Kaua’i, HI: Pono Kai Resort
Beaver Creek, CO: Poste Montane Lodge
Blanchard, ID: Stoneridge Resort
Cave Creek, AZ: Villas of Cave Creek
Lake Tahoe, CA: Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
Redmond, OR: Eagle Crest
Lake Tahoe, CA: Red Wolf Lodge at Olympic Valley
Carlsbad, CA: Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara
Scottsdale, AZ: Four Seasons Residence Club at Troon North
Sedona, AZ: Arroyo Roble Resort

Tip: Take advantage of the “Welk Week” offerings at the Platinum Collection resorts in Cabo, Tahoe, Palm Springs, and San Diego: 5-night bookings from Sunday to Friday cost half the points of a weeklong stay (a good way to double the number of Cabo stays). The booking window for those is 10 months instead of 15.

HVC also has the Portfolio Collection of resorts, previously called the Heritage Collection. Those are bookable via Interval, and the owner “receives priority exchange via Interval for those resorts”, per TUG user diegor, who also said “Platinum points trade well via Interval”. Take a look at his listing for the Interval points schedule.

I'm unable to add attachments to this post (maybe due to restrictions on new accounts), but I can send a points valuation schedule for the Experiences Collection directly to interested folks.

Thank you,
The Pals Family

PS: Thanks to TUG user diegor whose recent listing provided a blueprint for this one; I did call HVC to verify the information was correct.

pals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sirena Del Mar
Additional info (thanks to TUG user TravelJoy for asking about these):
  • I purchased directly from the developer and it is fully paid off; just annual MFs.
  • Title services for the Platinum Collection are handled by a company called Fidelity National Financial (that's where the transfer fee goes).
  • The Memorial Day 2024 booking in Cabo is fully points-refundable up to 60 days before (so, March 27, 2024) with a $57 cancel fee.

skass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In consideration.
Hello,

I am giving away my ownership of 720K annual Platinum Points for Hyatt Vacation Club (HVC).
The family doesn’t need this level of points now that the kids have grown into adventure travelers who prefer camping instead of luxury resorts.

It comes with:
  • a Memorial Day weekend 2024 booking at the Sirena del Mar in Cabo
  • The remaining 480K points to use in 2024 (after the other 240K were used for the Cabo booking).
  • I can make additional 2024 bookings for the new owner to use while the transfer is in progress.
    • If you’d like to use the points in 2024 before the transfer is complete, we can facilitate that.

I can pay quarterly maintenance fees (MFs), which are $4719 annually, until the ownership transfer is complete (expecting 2-6 months based on other forum posts).

I'm only asking the new owner to cover the $300 Hyatt transfer fee and the $275+postage fee for LT Transfers to complete the escrow transfer.

Platinum Points can be used directly to make reservations at any of these resorts up to 15 months in advance of the booking dates:

Platinum Collection
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: Sirena del Mar
Lake Tahoe area in Truckee, CA: Northstar Lodge
Lake Tahoe area in Truckee, CA: One Village Place Residences
Santa Fe, NM: The Residences at El Corazon de Santa Fe
San Diego Area in Escondido, CA: The Welk:
  • Resort Villas
  • Villas on the Green
  • Mountain Villas
Palm Springs, CA: Desert Oasis
Branson, MO: The Lodges at Timber Ridge
Breckenridge, CO: The Ranahan

Experiences Collection
Princeville Kaua’i, HI: The Cliffs at Princeville
Avon, CO: Falcon Point
Kapa'a, Kaua’i, HI: Pono Kai Resort
Beaver Creek, CO: Poste Montane Lodge
Blanchard, ID: Stoneridge Resort
Cave Creek, AZ: Villas of Cave Creek
Lake Tahoe, CA: Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
Redmond, OR: Eagle Crest
Lake Tahoe, CA: Red Wolf Lodge at Olympic Valley
Carlsbad, CA: Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara
Scottsdale, AZ: Four Seasons Residence Club at Troon North
Sedona, AZ: Arroyo Roble Resort

Tip: Take advantage of the “Welk Week” offerings at the Platinum Collection resorts in Cabo, Tahoe, Palm Springs, and San Diego: 5-night bookings from Sunday to Friday cost half the points of a weeklong stay (a good way to double the number of Cabo stays). The booking window for those is 10 months instead of 15.

HVC also has the Portfolio Collection of resorts, previously called the Heritage Collection. Those are bookable via Interval, and the owner “receives priority exchange via Interval for those resorts”, per TUG user diegor, who also said “Platinum points trade well via Interval”. Take a look at his listing for the Interval points schedule.

I'm unable to add attachments to this post (maybe due to restrictions on new accounts), but I can send a points valuation schedule for the Experiences Collection directly to interested folks.

Thank you,
The Pals Family

PS: Thanks to TUG user diegor whose recent listing provided a blueprint for this one; I did call HVC to verify the information was correct.
Hi Pals Family,

I just started my first semester of law school in California, and am still looking for an apartment or home to stay, so in the interim your offer could really help me. You can reach me at david.seth.scott@gmail.com . I'm willing to pay the fees. Best regards.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sadly they likely cant see PMs yet as they still only have 2 posts on the forums. does show they came back today so hopefully they will respond!

pals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sirena Del Mar
Update: I can now add attachments and reply to PMs so I've attached the points chart for the Platinum and Experiences Collection resorts.

Editing to add: The resorts listed in this attachment are all directly bookable with these Platinum Points, formerly Welk points. The "legacy" resorts mentioned later in the thread refer to Hyatt Vacation Club's Portfolio (formerly Heritage) Collection resorts, which are not bookable directly, but can be booked via Interval and apparently with some priority for exchange as a Platinum Points owner.

Attachments

• HVC Platinum and Experiences Point Valuation Schedule.pdf
    193.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
interested as well.
Realize that these are technically Welk points and don't have direct access to book legacy Hyatt resorts. MVW has created a real confusing mess with Hyatt. Likely intentionally to cause confusion. You gotta know what you want to buy.

watision

Reaction score
right - it most certainly is fairly obscure, likely on purpose. hyatt vacation club platinum program consists only of ~10 direct operated properties and access to another ~10 'affiliates'. and the 720k would put this at priority IV within that program in terms of various policies.

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
right - it most certainly is fairly obscure, likely on purpose. hyatt vacation club platinum program consists only of ~10 direct operated properties and access to another ~10 'affiliates'. and the 720k would put this at priority IV within that program in terms of various policies.
If pIV transfers at resale.
I‘m seeing a plethora of these Hyatt platinums on eBay with first year free use, seems this the season everyone unloading TS.

Last edited:

watision

Reaction score
good call out @TravelJoy. should one not expect the priority program "level" (IV in this thread) to transfer on resale? reviewing the board elsewhere, i think @diegor may have knowledge.

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
good call out @TravelJoy. should one not expect the priority program "level" (IV in this thread) to transfer on resale? reviewing the board elsewhere, i think @diegor may have knowledge.
There are some amenities stated on that pdf such as 25% off that seem to not transfer, I have contacted Hyatt about this, awaiting reply.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Realize that these are technically Welk points and don't have direct access to book legacy Hyatt resorts. MVW has created a real confusing mess with Hyatt. Likely intentionally to cause confusion. You gotta know what you want to buy.
The Branson Welk is gorgeous, and if I was sure I could book what I want in that system, I would be more tempted to take free points. Also, The Ranahan in Breck is impressive, and I would love to get ski weeks there for the kids, but I have been able to exchange in (so far), and I haven't felt the need to indulge. Not sure if The Ranahan will stay in Welk bunch, or if Hyatt will stick it with the legacy ones.

Last edited:

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Branson Welk is gorgeous, and if I absolutely was sure I could book what I want in that system, I would be more tempted to take free points. Also, The Ranahan in Breck is impressive, and I would love to get ski weeks there for the kids, but I have been able to exchange in (so far), and I haven't felt the need to indulge. Not sure if The Ranahan will stay in Welk bunch, or if Hyatt will stick it with the legacy ones.
This is another issue, every priority will have access well before others for booking popular resorts by 15+months and ski season, within limited pool gets booked up quickly. And the issue of amenities transferring, the platinum prospectus clearly states only 2 cards are issued to original owners, so unlikely it transfers at resale.

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some amenities stated on that pdf such as 25% off that seem to not transfer, I have contacted Hyatt about this, awaiting reply.
After contacting Hyatt I was informed priority status does NOT transfer to resale contract, unless I just got a bad rep, anyone else can chime in on this? @diegor

watision

Reaction score
thank you for confirming @TravelJoy. from what i've been able to discover, the standard booking window is 15 months (what one would therefore expect via resale) and that no more than 20% of inventory is allocated to the expanded reservation windows (for the benefit of priority/developer purchased owners).

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club (HVC) - Platinum Points, Hyatt Mountain Lodge Beaver Creek, Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Maui, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Carmel Highlands
After contacting Hyatt I was informed priority status does NOT transfer to resale contract, unless I just got a bad rep, anyone else can chime in on this? @diegor
No priority benefits transfer nor the World of Hyatt option.

pals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sirena Del Mar
The folks on the phone at Guest Services mentioned the priority status does not transfer, but that it's possible for the new owner to get priority status by going to an Owner Update meeting. I don't know what that entails (e.g. if it would require paying some fee to add priority status to your ownership).

Here's what they emailed me about standard booking windows for non-priority owners:

Booking Windows for Hyatt Vacation Club Properties:

Standard Reservation (Full week, established check in day, regular points) 15 months or less.
Split Week Non-Holiday (Less than a full week OR a full week outside of est. check-in days) 9 months or less.
Split Week Holiday (Less than a full week OR a full week outside of est. check-in days) 3 months or less.
Accrued Points (Last year’s points) 2 months ( Accrual deadline date is 08/31 of each year you receive points)

MINIMUM NIGHTS WITH POINTS:

Hyatt Vacation Club properties – 2 nights
Experience Collection – 7 nights
Interval International – 1 night ( Interval certificates earned on full week reservations using at least 60k points)

CANCELLATION POLICY FOR HVC PROPERTIES
  • You have a 24-hour grace period where you may contact us to cancel the reservation with no fees applied and all points returned to you.
  • 60 days or more prior to check in there is a $50.00 fee and all your points are returned to you.
  • 59-8 days prior to check in there is a $50.00 fee and all your points are returned to you. However, your points will now have a 2-month booking window restriction.
  • 7-1 days prior to check in there is a $50.00 fee and only 50% of your points will be returned. The returned points will have a 2-month booking window restriction.
  • On the day of check in, the reservation is non-changeable, non-cancellable, and non-refundable.

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club (HVC) - Platinum Points, Hyatt Mountain Lodge Beaver Creek, Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Maui, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Carmel Highlands
The folks on the phone at Guest Services mentioned the priority status does not transfer, but that it's possible for the new owner to get priority status by going to an Owner Update meeting. I don't know what that entails (e.g. if it would require paying some fee to add priority status to your ownership).

Here's what they emailed me about standard booking windows for non-priority owners:
Means the resale owner would have to buy additional points from the developer. Minimum purchase is 60K points which is something like $12-15K. The developer benefits aren't worth that cost IMO.

pals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sirena Del Mar
Means the resale owner would have to buy additional points from the developer. Minimum purchase is 60K points which is something like $12-15K. The developer benefits aren't worth that cost IMO.
Thanks for clarifying. I agree, it's likely not worth adding priority status for the marginal benefits. One recent data point: I made the Memorial Day booking at the Sirena del Mar in Cabo last month, so 6 months ahead of time.

Great to know 80%+ of inventory is kept open for the standard booking windows; that might be why we've always had luck getting the travel dates we wanted. Thanks for sharing @watision

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know what the conversion ratio is from pp to ii, I was told by pp I number it is 1:1, I know you stated in one of your posts there aren't great exchanges through ii for these points, does this still hold true.

watision

Reaction score
to cite attribution, the % of availability i found in the rules and regulation document (as of 3/14/2022) posted in this @diegor comment:

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you know what the conversion ratio is from pp to ii, I was told by pp I number it is 1:1, I know you stated in one of your posts there aren't great exchanges through ii for these points, does this still hold true.
It depends on the total demand index of the resort/week you're trying to exchange into. Interval just increased exchanged rates by about 30% as of Jan 1, 2024 so it's devalued points for exchanges some.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been following Hyatt, but looked at this solely because of my interest in Hyatt Highlands Inn.
From what I'm reading, that resort would not be available using these points?
Now I see the confusion.