• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pictures from our stay at the HGVC at South Beach

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Last fall, we decided to spend three nights in South Beach before heading to our timeshare exchange in Aruba. It was our first stay at the HGVC in South Beach. We enjoyed our stay and the South Beach area.

Here's a link to our photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/sets/72157632613905637/show/
NOTE: I've also included photos of HGVC's fabric and paint scheme that was posted in the lobby for their planned renovation at South Beach.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Thank you for this photo album. This is a property I had considered in the past but was never overly excited about (to many other options). While I believe we would eventually like to stay at this location, I can't say I'm overly excited enough to move it up on our list of places to stay.

The size of the units reminds me of Marriott's Custom House in Boston. On the smallish side but with a good location. I'm not certain if HGVC South Beach is a good location but would assume that would be the attraction of such a smallish resort.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yucky bathtub! Was that rust or some type of grime?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yucky bathtub! Was that rust or some type of grime?

Yuck is right. It was badly stained (grime). Everything else in the room was ok.
Honestly, it looked as though they never replaced the bathtub when these hotel rooms were transformed into HGVC villas in 1998. :ignore:

NOTE: I reserved two 1-bdrm units. The bathtub in both rooms were in the same condition.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The one in the unit we stayed in last Spring was fine.
We did, however, manage to set off the fire alarm when frying some burgers.

BTW, the location is great. The white-sand beach is a short stroll away, with a nice linear park on the other side of the street. Sitting our front in the sidewalk cafes gives you an easy view of the circus that is South Beach. Kind'a reminds me of the French Riviera, only with a much better beach and fewer snooty French peep.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The one in the unit we stayed in last Spring was fine.
We did, however, manage to set off the fire alarm when frying some burgers.

I just did a google search and couldn't find any complaints about the bath tubs. :confused:
I only found one comment on redweek from 2008 and that simply indicated that the bathtub was not new (see below).

I guess we were the unlucky ones with our two 1-bdrm units. :(

From redweek - http://www.redweek.com/resort/P1438-hilton-grand-vacations-club-hgvc-at

Posted: Oct 3, 2008
I just retruned from HGVC South Beach at the end of september. WOW!!! The units have just been upgraded with new flat screen TV's in the living room and bed room, new furniture, appliances, counters, carpeting and repainted. Virtually everything but the bath tub is new and really nice. The beach is just across the street and it is a fabulous beach. Restaurants and shopping were only steps away. This is really a geat property for adults who love the beach.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Thanks for the photos. The beach looks fantastic.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Last fall, we decided to spend three nights in South Beach before heading to our timeshare exchange in Aruba. It was our first stay at the HGVC in South Beach. We enjoyed our stay and the South Beach area.

Here's a link to our photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/sets/72157632613905637/show/
NOTE: I've also included photos of HGVC's fabric and paint scheme that was posted in the lobby for their planned renovation at South Beach.

alwysonvac, thanks for posting photos of HGVC @ South Beach. I recently found out that the renovations will begin in September and should be completed by October of this year. My wife and I will be at HGVC-South Beach in November, so I'm looking forward to seeing the updates. I'm not sure the bathtub issue will be resolved, but I'm not going to let that deter us from having a good time. :whoopie:

I'll revisit this BB in November and post photos of the newly renovated units.

Roger

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
What's with the mini-bar? :shrug:

keithinnate

Reaction score
is it as bland as it looks ?

we stopped in some great hotels in Miami.. before we joined HGVC.. and we really liked it there, so we have been thinking about booking this one for a while.

I honestly dont think we will bother now though as the place looks really poor in comparison to the other HGVC properties. I guess its a good job that it has that wonderful beach just outside, as the other facilities seem to be lacking

am i being too hard on it ?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
we stopped in some great hotels in Miami.. before we joined HGVC.. and we really liked it there, so we have been thinking about booking this one for a while.

I honestly dont think we will bother now though as the place looks really poor in comparison to the other HGVC properties. I guess its a good job that it has that wonderful beach just outside, as the other facilities seem to be lacking

am i being too hard on it ?

Perhaps you are just missing the charm of the Art Deco hotels, this was a conversion, not a resort built from ground up.

http://www.mdpl.org/

Is that Coventry UK? I was born in Northampton :)

Last edited: