• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Post-Vacation Letdown

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
For a guest room I feel they are expensive. If you go mattress firms website you can see prices. Sometimes you can do better. I actually got one that also vibrates, has a night light and area to plug you phone in as it was on sale for half price as it was just introduced and was hundreds cheap then the simplest model I was going to get. I personally do not like the vibration so I don’t use it.

We bought our base and mattress from a Relax the Back store. Split king Tempur Pedic mattress but a different brand base that does what your's does except for the place to plug a phone. I don't like the vibrate either. For it to work well I think your mattress needs to be flat.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks.

With our timeshares I guess I could print out the dates we always have each year from the owners websites. I don't have actual confirmations, but we never exchange.

He could also show the airline tickets for the Sept. vacation.

It also said that if you get off this time you have to be recalled in 6 months. But in 6 months we could be moving. Not sure what happens with that situation. So that is why my husband didn't try to get out of it in the first place.
What a pain....

In SC, we can be excused if we are over 65. It doesn't look as if NY has the senior exemption.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Now that we are both retired with our retirement hobby being travel we solve the Post-Vacation Letdown problem by never spending much time at home between trips.

My husband sometimes says he feels like he's on layover when we only are home for a few days.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got back from two weeks on Cape Cod. We left a record setting heat wave (102) and enjoyed an almost perfect two weeks of beautiful sunny weather. We explored new areas, ate too much good food and hated to leave. We even looked at a condo to buy up there but would rent for a longer period before doing so.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Now that we are both retired with our retirement hobby being travel we solve the Post-Vacation Letdown problem by never spending much time at home between trips.

My husband sometimes says he feels like he's on layover when we only are home for a few days.

I like this philosophy. I may have to adopt it. :)

Dave

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Poor me. I'm back in that post-vacation letdown phase. We had a great time in New Orleans, then on that Mexico Cruise, and ended with three days in Southern Utah's red rock country. It was a wonderful trip, and we had a ton of fun. After months of anticipation and planning, it was over much too soon.

But now that I'm back to work, I realize I need a LOT more vacation time. Work is getting in the way of my time off! LOL! :D

Dave

It will be here before you know it. Time seems to be flying fast as we get older.........:rolleyes:

While we are on vacation, we already have one or two planned. Always planning and thinking ahead. We love to get away when we can. Definitely not as much as many here......we babysit the grandchildren a lot.

As much as we love to get away, we can't wait to get back home to our own bed, our own meals. Yet, give it a day or two and I am ready to go again and have a menu in front of me :D

And I am home two weeks and need to adapt to a new sleep pattern so I am not up at 3 am browsing message boards :mad:

Last edited: