• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchasing resale CWA - housekeeping credits

Reaction score
I currently own a developer contract of 105K points at Wyndham Branson Meadows passed down by the Tribute program. I've been looking at resale Club Wyndham Access contracts, mainly to book at some of the more popular resorts like Wyndham Clearwater and Margaritaville Puerto Rico at the 13 month ARP.

I currently have one housekeeping credit and I know you get one per 70K points you own. Does anyone know if they award these per account or per contract? If I purchase another contract worth 105K points, will I have three housekeeping credits across my entire account, or will I only have two?

Has anyone that owns CWA had issues getting a room at Clearwater or Margaritaville Puerto Rico?

Thanks!

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
my Personal experience is developer weeks are totally separate to resale weeks. one of my weeks is listed as a developer week and I am shorted a housekeeping credit and transaction credit. I would purchase a CWA resale contract at 77000 point intervals to get one House keeping and transaction credit. I recommend at least 154000 contract but it totally up to you. I emailed Michael Brown about my situation and they won't help.

Daniel

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
You get 1 housekeeping credit for every 70,000 points.

Reaction score
my Personal experience is developer weeks are totally separate to resale weeks. one of my weeks is listed as a developer week and I am shorted a housekeeping credit and transaction credit. I would purchase a CWA resale contract at 77000 point intervals to get one House keeping and transaction credit. I recommend at least 154000 contract but it totally up to you. I emailed Michael Brown about my situation and they won't help.

Daniel
So you meet the 70K threshold for another housekeeping credit but it’s not reflected in your account?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
So you meet the 70K threshold for another housekeeping credit but it’s not reflected in your account?
As I recall, the problem (which has existed since the change to VIP/resale in 2021) is that under the hood, when a non-VIP owner owns both retail and resale points, instead of taking the total number of points and dividing by 70,000 (and rounding down) to get the number of housekeeping credits, the system takes the number of developer points and divides by 70,000, then takes the number of resale points and divides by 70,000 (rounding down each time), then adds both individual housekeeping numbers together to get the owner's total. In the majority of cases it will add up to the same as if the housekeeping was based on the overall points total, but with some combinations it will short the owner one housekeeping credit.

Example: An owner has 126,000 points purchased retail. Later on they decide to supplement by purchasing 154,000 points resale. (Note that these are both very common contract sizes.) Total points, 280,000. Divide by 70,000, 4 housekeeping credits on the nose.

But what Wyndham does is divide 126,000 points by 70,000 = 1 housekeeping credit (rounding down). 154,000 divided by 70,000 = 2 housekeeping credits. For a total of 3 housekeeping credits when the owner, per policy, should receive 4 housekeeping credits.

There are those who might say the policy has changed. If so, it's not written anywhere, and Wyndham confirmed that there should be no change to the calculations for housekeeping and reservation transactions. What almost certainly happened is they coded it in a way that they thought would produce the correct answer all of the time, but only produces the correct answer some of the time, and they either don't understand what they did wrong or they don't care.

Edit: and the kicker to all of this is that Daniel is having this problem because he has a resale contract that is incorrectly coded as retail. It's bad enough that the miscalculation has the effect of penalizing an owner for owning retail at all - a resale owner with the same combination of contracts would get the correct number of housekeeping. But Daniel is a resale owner with a miscoded contract, which is two wrongs by Wyndham.

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep but I able to use club pass with my quasi developer contract if I wanted too. Never have though

Daniel

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I recall, the problem (which has existed since the change to VIP/resale in 2021) is that under the hood, when a non-VIP owner owns both retail and resale points, instead of taking the total number of points and dividing by 70,000 (and rounding down) to get the number of housekeeping credits, the system takes the number of developer points and divides by 70,000, then takes the number of resale points and divides by 70,000 (rounding down each time), then adds both individual housekeeping numbers together to get the owner's total. In the majority of cases it will add up to the same as if the housekeeping was based on the overall points total, but with some combinations it will short the owner one housekeeping credit.

Example: An owner has 126,000 points purchased retail. Later on they decide to supplement by purchasing 154,000 points resale. (Note that these are both very common contract sizes.) Total points, 280,000. Divide by 70,000, 4 housekeeping credits on the nose.

But what Wyndham does is divide 126,000 points by 70,000 = 1 housekeeping credit (rounding down). 154,000 divided by 70,000 = 2 housekeeping credits. For a total of 3 housekeeping credits when the owner, per policy, should receive 4 housekeeping credits.

There are those who might say the policy has changed. If so, it's not written anywhere, and Wyndham confirmed that there should be no change to the calculations for housekeeping and reservation transactions. What almost certainly happened is they coded it in a way that they thought would produce the correct answer all of the time, but only produces the correct answer some of the time, and they either don't understand what they did wrong or they don't care.

Edit: and the kicker to all of this is that Daniel is having this problem because he has a resale contract that is incorrectly coded as retail. It's bad enough that the miscalculation has the effect of penalizing an owner for owning retail at all - a resale owner with the same combination of contracts would get the correct number of housekeeping. But Daniel is a resale owner with a miscoded contract, which is two wrongs by Wyndham.
I think they don’t care
Daniel

Reaction score

Well, that’s convoluted, even for Wyndham. Now I’m second guessing another contract.