• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reason to retain District by Hilton Club

brick2112

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LasVegasBlvd OceansEnclave DiaResort
We did a sideways move to reduce our maintenance fees by selling our points at the District by Hilton so that we could get into a 2 br+ at Kingsland (we also sold a 1 br at Kingsland). We're now having second thoughts about giving up a bHC property that had higher HH exchange rates. Is there any reason that we should have retained a bHC property? The maintenance fees were around $1400.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I would write all the pros and cons and then you will need to decide based on your personal needs. Many never convert to HH so that would not be concern but others do since it is 1:32. I would compare total cost and MF/pt, then decide what makes sense for you. I would be more inclined to sell the District, buy a cheap Vegas resale, and then use the lower MF points at KL....if that is where you want to go.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Exchanging any HGVC points for HH's points would be
a poor use of points, even bHC points with the better
rate. It'd be like trading a resort stay for a Hampton Inn.
So I'd say you made a good move, but there are some
who place a higher value on hotel rooms than I.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason that we should have retained a bHC property? The maintenance fees were around $1400.
As others have said, the exchange to HH points is a bad value, so I would suggest that that should not be a consideration here. One reason to have a bHC property, though, is the advantage of the All Inclusive option to cover booking fees. With the higher MFs, that still may not be worth it if you don't make/cancel many reservations. Overall, the main reason, IMO, is to be able to access what you want at bHC locations.

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
the All inclusive plus lounge access plus home club reservations is what sells bHC to me. The HH conversion is of no value to me.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We use the bHC resorts in DC and NYC. A 1 BR at The District has high MF/point compared to the rest of HGVC but is decent compared to a lot of the NYC ones. I like the lounge access in DC and in the NYC ones we own - I'm also quite happy using points from my District ownership in NYC.

The all inclusive is nice, but OP may have gotten that if they did a retail transaction and are in Max now.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
We use the bHC resorts in DC and NYC. A 1 BR at The District has high MF/point compared to the rest of HGVC but is decent compared to a lot of the NYC ones. I like the lounge access in DC and in the NYC ones we own - I'm also quite happy using points from my District ownership in NYC.

The all inclusive is nice, but OP may have gotten that if they did a retail transaction and are in Max now.

My solution there was to buy an EOY of the smaller 1BR deeds that has a lower MF than the larger 1BR. Works out well for my usage.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
My solution there was to buy an EOY of the smaller 1BR deeds that has a lower MF than the larger 1BR. Works out well for my usage.
I have only seen the standard 1br units for sale in gold and platinum season. Actually have never seen any other type for The District. Have you seen the larger 1br or 2br units on resale or direct?

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen both the larger 1 br+ units and the 2 br units for sale but there are not many of them. I wanted to make an offer on a larger 1 br unit but it turns out that the District is one of the places where a larger (14880 point) 1 br+ unit has a higher annual MF than the regular (11520 point) 1 br unit. It didn't make sense for me to pay more for a larger unit that had essentially the same ¢/MF ratio so I didn't pursue it.

The 2 br units do have a slightly better ¢/MF ratio but it was more bHC points than I wanted.

I have only stayed in a 1 br unit there and was curious about the 2 br units. For those who have stayed in one before, are they just two 1 br units with a connecting door?

I agree with what others have posted above. I enjoy owning there because of the owners lounge (I actually like it better than the W57 owners lounge, smaller but much less crowded) and the expanded booking window. AI is also a big benefit if you aren't eligible for it through a different ownership.

Last edited:

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have seen both the larger 1 br+ units and the 2 br units for sale but there are not many of them. I wanted to make an offer on a larger 1 br unit but it turns out that the District is one of the places where a larger (14880 point) 1 br+ unit has a higher annual MF than the regular (11520 point) 1 br unit. It didn't make sense for me to pay more for a larger unit that had essentially the same ¢/MF ratio so I didn't pursue it.

The 2 br units do have a slightly better ¢/MF ratio but it was more bHC points than I wanted.

I have only stayed in a 1 br unit there and was curious about the 2 br units. For those who have stayed in one before, are they just two 1 br units with a connecting door?

I agree with what others have posted above. I enjoy owning there because of the owners lounge (I actually like it better than the W57 owners lounge, smaller but much less crowded) and the expanded booking window. AI is also a big benefit if you aren't eligible for it through a different ownership.

I haven't stayed in one of the 2BR, but based on the description below they are all two 1BR's combined.

2 Bedroom (Lock-off) (2LX)​

Size 1057 sqft

Accommodates: 6
This two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite features two primary bedrooms with king-size beds and two bathrooms with free-standing shower, and can be easily locked off as two individual one-bedroom suites to create a relaxing element of privacy. The suite includes two spacious living rooms with queen-size sofa beds, 55-inch TVs, luxury tile floors, and breakfast tables, as well as two separate kitchenettes with a microwave, wine cooler, and wet bar. Complimentary Wi-Fi is included.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have only seen the standard 1br units for sale in gold and platinum season. Actually have never seen any other type for The District. Have you seen the larger 1br or 2br units on resale or direct?

I have seen the larger 1BR's in my searches, but once I realized the MF's were higher for the larger 1BR (unlike most locations) I decided to pursue the smaller one and it's an EOY at that to keep my overall MF's as low as possible.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I have seen the larger 1BR's in my searches, but once I realized the MF's were higher for the larger 1BR (unlike most locations) I decided to pursue the smaller one and it's an EOY at that to keep my overall MF's as low as possible.
The District, The Quin, and The Residences all have these types of MFs.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
How much cheaper is the MF per point for the 2br unit? How many points does the 2br unit get per week?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
How much cheaper is the MF per point for the 2br unit? How many points does the 2br unit get per week?

Not exactly sure which resort/unit you are referring to but this report will list all units/resorts sorted by MF/pts for 2024. This report is available for any year from hgvcmfs.com.
I

Attachments

• fees_points_by_2024_year.xls.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 3

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
MFs and points at The District for 2024 from the assessment notice are below. 2 BR Platinum is a bit better than 1 BR Platinum; the difference in the Gold season is much greater because the Gold 2 BR is more than twice the Gold 1 BR in points.

PlatinumGold
$ 1,555.5511,520
0.1350​
8,160​
$ 0.1906
$ 1,994.7714,880
0.1341​
10,080​
$ 0.1979
$ 2,833.7223,040
0.1230​
16,800​