• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
where are some of you guys finding these super deals

FilthyForever

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Anderson Ocean Club, HGVC On The Boulevard
Boulevard Annual Platinum 1 Bdr Plus - 9920 points
Passed at $3500

First usage 2025. Buyer credited current 2023 MF at closing (as an estimate for 2024 MF).

Posted to ROFR.net

I thought I had a really great deal until I saw GT75's deal for his 3 Bdr Plus!
This is my favorite deed / unit type in the entire sytem. Let me know when you're ready to sell it :] Congrats!

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
ROFR just passed on my first HGVC purchase. Grand Waikikian 2bed+. 20,160 annual points for $15K.
go big or go home!

congrats

Yzfguy06

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Crane, Borgo alle Vigne x2
ROFR just passed on my first HGVC purchase. Grand Waikikian 2bed+. 20,160 annual points for $15K.
Hope the mf aren’t too bad. Congrats in the purchase.

rlocke

Reaction score
Hope the mf aren’t too bad. Congrats in the purchase.
They are $2400 ish, not cheap by any means.. But almost guarantees us the week we want at the resort we want. 3 young kids so the in-suite laundry was key. Almost bought a high points Las Vegas resort but just accepted the higher MF to not have to try and walk a reservation. Just happy to be in the club officially!

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
how long does rofr normally take? Does "a few days up to 2 weeks" seem average?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges

sv.patmos

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land
ROFR passed on my first HGVC property at Kings Land, 2 Bedroom Plus (2 KP), Annual Platinum, 20,160 points. $14,000

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
good deed, and welcome

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
My NY portfolio continues to grow. Just got closing documents and Estoppel for
The Central at 5th Studio Penthouse, platinum annual deed, 23040 points.

Purchase price $17,000 (not including closing costs and 2024 MF of $2700).

Sean

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
My NY portfolio continues to grow. Just got closing documents and Estoppel for
The Central at 5th Studio Penthouse, platinum annual deed, 23040 points.

Purchase price $17,000 (not including closing costs and 2024 MF of $2700).

Sean
Out of curiosity, if resale is $17k, do you know how much the original was? I don’t remember if that shows up on the estoppel or if you have to wait for a sales agent to tell you

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Out of curiosity, if resale is $17k, do you know how much the original was? I don’t remember if that shows up on the estoppel or if you have to wait for a sales agent to tell you
At one time, there was a 2 bedroom penthouse at either the Quin or Central on 5th that was $499,999 a week. Not a studio, but a penthouse.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
It doesn’t say on the estoppel, but I would imagine it was north of $140k. The studio premiere at the Quin that I purchased retail was $120k (I paid $32k after equity from trading back 2 resale deeds from The Residences and West 57th).

Sean

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
if you have to wait for a sales agent to tell you
You can check the county records. I have done that for the property which I recently purchased in LV.

btw. I believe this is also how the TS scammers get your telephone number.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you know buyer's name you can look it up here: https://a836-acris.nyc.gov/DS/DocumentSearch/PartyName

I'm currently in process of buying the following in NYC through Grand Vacation Title. They never tell me if ROFR passed but they did charge me the $3k deposit for each one a week ago so I'm assuming it did.

Central at 5th-23040 for $17k plus closing. Original purchase price was $117k in 2023.
Residence-23040 for $25k plus closing. Original price $117k in 2018
W57-20160 for $10k plus closing. Original price $115k in 2022

I feel bad for these people who paid so much only a few years ago.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
If you know buyer's name you can look it up here: https://a836-acris.nyc.gov/DS/DocumentSearch/PartyName

I'm currently in process of buying the following in NYC through Grand Vacation Title. They never tell me if ROFR passed but they did charge me the $3k deposit for each one a week ago so I'm assuming it did.

Central at 5th-23040 for $17k plus closing. Original purchase price was $117k in 2023.
Residence-23040 for $25k plus closing. Original price $117k in 2018
W57-20160 for $10k plus closing. Original price $115k in 2022

I feel bad for these people who paid so much only a few years ago.

That’s an awesome collection and glad I’m not the only one with multiple deeds at the NYC properties.

After this closing, I’ll have:
HCNY 46,400 points
West 57th 25,200 points (3 STP deeds)
The Quin 20,160 points (SPP)
The Central at 5th 23,040 points (SPH)

Most have been resale except majority of my HCNY and The Quin. I wouldn’t mind losing one of the W57 deeds (that has 2 intervals on one deed) to clean up my MF since the BHC points are co-mingled from one bucket. I was holding it to see about trading in for a Quin penthouse in the future. Again, my plan has always been to use my NYC ownership as a pied-à-terre.

Sean

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
Wow those are amazing deals then, but those poor folks who owned for such a short amount of time! $117k —> $17k is roughly 85% depreciation! o_O

HedonisticEpicurean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
*Kings Land - 2 weeks
*Phoenician - 3 weeks
*Table Rock (RCI) - 2 w
*St. Regis NY - 4 w
*La Pacifica - 1 week
Wow those are amazing deals then, but those poor folks who owned for such a short amount of time! $117k —> $17k is roughly 85% depreciation! o_O
I have one that is closing soon that passed ROFR for about 90% off what the seller paid less than 3 years ago. I find it sad for the seller as well. The one thing to remember - the sellers for some reason need to sell at any price. But still very sad.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s an awesome collection and glad I’m not the only one with multiple deeds at the NYC properties.

After this closing, I’ll have:
HCNY 46,400 points
West 57th 25,200 points (3 STP deeds)
The Quin 20,160 points (SPP)
The Central at 5th 23,040 points (SPH)

Most have been resale except majority of my HCNY and The Quin. I wouldn’t mind losing one of the W57 deeds (that has 2 intervals on one deed) to clean up my MF since the BHC points are co-mingled from one bucket. I was holding it to see about trading in for a Quin penthouse in the future. Again, my plan has always been to use my NYC ownership as a pied-à-terre.

Sean
Now I just need a decent deal on a Quin deed to complete my collection. Goal is to own every NYC deed (except HCNY) at the cheapest MF per point. Will mostly stay at W57 since it's cheapest 1 bed, biggest studio, and convenient location. But owning all other locations gives me extra flexibility to book last minute/open season and gives lounge access.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District

What I saw on some of my deed searches was the same names on multiple transactions that appear to be people trading in one deed for another, likely with more cash added. The Rinse and repeat sales process.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
What I saw on some of my deed searches was the same names on multiple transactions that appear to be people trading in one deed for another, likely with more cash added. The Rinse and repeat sales process.
Yup, new money every time with more deeds that they were paid to take back to sell.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do wonder if trade in transaction are reported differently. I have 20+ deeds and when I was working on my trade-in and the trade-in values in their system 100% match up to values I pulled from property records (LV,Hawaii,NYC,DC,SC).

However, for my trade in transaction in Las Vegas, the new deed recorded only reports a value of like $1k even though retail value is $100k+ and my new money in was $20k+. This is only the search engine amount. Haven't been mailed full deed/documents yet which may have extra information. Nevada does have a transfer tax so lower reported amount does save them some money. Hopefully everything they're doing is legal.

Maybe everything I owned was retail without trade or the state required reporting retail value not net new cash.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ya, interesting tool

My unit sold in 2015 for $54,500 😩 which is about 20x what we paid.