• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Resorts - A prediction

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you - I am signed into the Royal Resorts and receive their emails. I also have gone to the website but became confused - hence this posting. After your kind response I did find this same information under the FAQ - which I should have looked at first. I apologize for the inconvenience.

No inconvenience at all. Happy to help.

sstug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Further, you may wish to update your profile as you apparently are not receiving communications directly from. The Royals have been communicating with their members by email. If I were you, I'd fix that. ;)

FYI...I have verified my email on the ISCO site, verified my email with my host while in Cancun, provide my email every time I pre-register, and even am signed up for the RR news emails....BUT for some reason the Royals have not sent me a single email regarding the surveys, the AI or the RM sale (I do own there). My email has never changed. So it is a mystery to me why all RR members don't receive all emails. Several others have spoken up regarding the same issue. I posted an inquiry on the RR forum hoping management would respond but they just ignored my post.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might want to check with ISCO to see if the invitation you received is really from the Royals - see this, posted a few months ago on
http://www.royalresorts.com/membersarea/important-info-27jun2012.asp

Members Area » Important Information for Royal Resorts Members / June 27, 2012
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ROYAL RESORTS MEMBERS

June 27, 2012

It has come to our attention that several members have received phone calls from persons claiming to represent Royal Resorts, or in some cases a well-known exchange company, inviting them to a dinner event in their town to speak about their membership or the new changes being planned by Royal Resorts. Those who have gone reported that this dinner is actually a sales event.

In the past we obtained reports from Members that have received phone calls or emails from various resale companies claiming to represent Royal Resorts or several other well-known resort groups. They claim that they have a buyer for the member’s Royal Resorts Membership and that they do not charge a sales commission but instead all they need to do is pay a title search fee for the sale to take place.

We would like to stress that Royal Resorts has no knowledge of these events or resale companies and is not associated with them in any way. We therefore recommend that if you receive such a phone call you report it to Royal Resorts and proceed with caution.

If you have received a phone call or email of this nature and have information to share, please feel free to contact us.​

buceo

Reaction score
You might want to check with ISCO to see if the invitation you received is really from the Royals -...[/INDENT]

Good point pjrose, I did check directly with marketing at the Royals and this focus group is the real deal. I suggested they clarify on their web site that while there is a scam going on they have a real one too.

Ellis2ca

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
But You Have Friends!

As an exchanger we won't be going back to the Royals if the AI is fully implemented. I have a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids under 12). My husband and I don't drink. Our family isn't full of big eaters either. We don't want to leave the beach or pool to get dressed and go and eat. We spent a total of $150 a day on food outside of the market. My little ones don't even eat $10 worth of food when we eat out so how on earth would that be beneficial to us? It's not. I hope it fails so we can come back. Whats the point of having the Markets and the full kitchens if we are forced to do AI? I think you will find a lot of families like ours that feel the same way.

Hey, Melissa... but you can always EXCHANGE or RENT to one of the Royals through one of us members... here on TUG...

So... DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. YOU have all the SAME privileges because YOU HAVE YOUR FRIENDS here at TUG. We're good friends, right? If WE have the privilege of NO AI, then YOU have the same privilege.

Heck, I haven't exchanged through II or R.C.I. in more than 20 years. I have rented in and rented out and exchanged always through TUG.

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have gone to royal sands in the royal resorts system many times
I was shocked yesterday to find out. It has been become an "all inclusive resort" with an additional $3840 fee for the (7) days for the (6) in my family.
I cancelled my week at the "royal Sands" in the "royal resorts" system

I was offered the "Royal Cancun" resort in the "royal resorts" system
a two bedroom, for the (7) same nights

Pls help me!

Positive?
negative?

should i accept the "Royal Cancun" resort in the "Royal Resorts" system
a two bedroom, two bathroom?

TUG Member
Reaction score
i was just offered by "Interval" the "royal mayan" with no all inclusive fee
2 bedroom + 2 bathroom
for the exact same dates
as the "royal Sands" with the $3840 all inclusive fee
2 bedroom+ 2 bathroom
that i just cancelled with "interval"

is "royal Mayan" a good place for our family trip?'

since it is part of tri royals
royal Caribbean
royal mayan
royal caribbean

can we accesss the beach and all restaruants of all (3) royal resorts
very conveniently?

can I still take the "royal shuttle" to the "royal sands" and use the swimming pool + the Beach? or am I no longer welcome to go to the "royal sands" from the "royal Mayan" becasue of its new "all inclusive fee"

TUG Member
Reaction score
The interval reservation # for the (2) bedroom+ (2) bathroom at the "royal Mayan" is AI. It scares me the "royal mayan" now has an all inclusive fee.

I called royal resorts. THey told me the royal mayan does not have an all inclusinve fee

I called Interval. They told me the royal mayan does not have an all inclusive fee

but the letters AI on the Interval reservation for the royal mayan resort
bothes me, should i be troubled, by the letters AI??

craigchams

TUG Member
Reaction score
The AI is only at the Royal Sands and the Royal Haciendas. If you stay at any of the other Royals, you will be able to use you card at any of the other Royals including the Royal Sands and the Haciendas. If you rent directly from an owner at the Sands or Haciendas, you don't have to purchase the AI.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
i was just offered by "Interval" the "royal mayan" with no all inclusive fee
2 bedroom + 2 bathroom
for the exact same dates
as the "royal Sands" with the $3840 all inclusive fee
2 bedroom+ 2 bathroom
that i just cancelled with "interval"

is "royal Mayan" a good place for our family trip?'

since it is part of tri royals
royal Caribbean
royal mayan
royal caribbean

can we accesss the beach and all restaruants of all (3) royal resorts
very conveniently?

can I still take the "royal shuttle" to the "royal sands" and use the swimming pool + the Beach? or am I no longer welcome to go to the "royal sands" from the "royal Mayan" becasue of its new "all inclusive fee"

The interval reservation # for the (2) bedroom+ (2) bathroom at the "royal Mayan" is AI. It scares me the "royal mayan" now has an all inclusive fee.

I called royal resorts. THey told me the royal mayan does not have an all inclusinve fee

I called Interval. They told me the royal mayan does not have an all inclusive fee

but the letters AI on the Interval reservation for the royal mayan resort
bothes me, should i be troubled, by the letters AI??

Go to The Royal Mayan. It is NOT AI. Don't worry. That "AI" you see is a typo. You can verify everything about the AI here, more details than you want or need:

http://www.royalresorts.com/packages/default.asp

Yes, it, or any of the Tris, is a great place for a family vacation without the AI fee. Yes, you will have easy convenient full access to the beach, all the restaurants, the shuttle, the Sands, etc. Go to http://www.Mexicondo.com and look at the photo at the top of the screen. It shows the Tri-Royals, all three next to each other and all right on the beach.

Are you doing an Exchange or Rental? If it's a rental, you might instead rent from an owner, on TUG, Redweek, OMCancun, etc. It'll likely be cheaper than renting from The Royals AND then you definitely do NOT have to do the AI, even at The Sands or Haciendas.

Last edited:

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read on trip advisor that the tri royals are going to all inclusive like the Royal Sands after the 1st of the year. Can anyone confirm this?

TUG Member
Reaction score
is this trip advisor post correct?

This was my family's 1st vacation to Cancun & we just loved the area. After a few days, we all said we would definitely come back to any of the Royal resorts until we found out that the Royal Mayan is being sold as are some of the other Royal resorts in Cancun. The new owner will be changing them all to "all inclusive" resorts. We are an Interval member & came to the Royal Mayan on an exchange. They told us that if wanted to come back and exchange in again, it would cost us an additional $150 - $200 per person per day for the meals. I am not sure if this includes transportation to/from airport. Anyway, I hope we can return to Cancun again to another similar resort without the "all inclusive". We were sad to hear this because the Royal resorts are fabulous.

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
I read on trip advisor that the tri royals are going to all inclusive like the Royal Sands after the 1st of the year. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes to AI however the AI actually starts with week 43 this year at the Royal Sands and the Royal Haciendas. I would look through more of this thread as the AI is the reason for the discussion.

Another thread: Anther Royal Resorts AI thread

More details can be found at:
http://www.royalresorts.com/packages/faq-packages.asp

Mike

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This was my family's 1st vacation to Cancun & we just loved the area. After a few days, we all said we would definitely come back to any of the Royal resorts until we found out that the Royal Mayan is being sold as are some of the other Royal resorts in Cancun. The new owner will be changing them all to "all inclusive" resorts. .

The AI is not directly related to a new owner. The current management company is changing the Royal Sands and Royal Haciendas to AI. The Tri Royals MAY be impacted next year. The original contracts at Royal Mayan expire in 2013 meaning that the property may be sold. The RC and the RI expire in 2018 and 2023(? sorry can't remember RI.)

There are ways to get around the AI by exchanging with or renting directly from an owner. So, don't be overly alarmed at this point. We don't know how successful the AI venture is going to be. We will be watching closely over the next couple of months to see how it goes.

M

Last edited:

TUG Member
Reaction score
is this correct? The "Royal mayan"resort is becoming an "all inclusive" resort in jan,2013 just like the "royal Sands" and the "Royal Hacienda"
but it does not mean that the "Royal Caribeean" and/or "royal Mayan"
will be going for sure to "all Inclusive" also in Jan,2013?

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
is this correct? The "Royal mayan"resort is becoming an "all inclusive" resort in jan,2013 just like the "royal Sands" and the "Royal Hacienda"

Not that we know of at this time. The property reaches the end of the original timeshare agreement term and will be sold or new agreement terms will be offered to owners. This is detailed and complex. There are other threads that address what is happening at the RM. Perhaps a RM would like to add more detail.

You can not even book a Royal Mayan villa on the RR site after a certain point in 2013. I assume the same for an exchange.

but it does not mean that the "Royal Caribeean" and/or "royal Mayan"
will be going for sure to "all Inclusive" also in Jan,2013?

The Royal Caribbean, Royal Islander and Royal Cancun MAY be transitioned to AI, but there are no dates published to this point. Any exchanges that occur in to these properties

TUG Member
Reaction score
My aunt owns a time share at the t "royal Islander"

If my Aunt then trades her "royal Islander" timesahre for a "royal Sands" Timeshare thru interval, then does an interval Guest Certificate + puts the "royal Sands" timeshare reservation thru "interval" in my name.
I then go to the "royal Sands" timeshare without my aunt

am I subject to the "all Inclusive" Royal sands fee of $4410 per week
for the (6) adults in my group?
or
am I not subject to the "all inclusive" royal sands fee of $4410 per week for the (6) adults in my group, because my aunt is a "royal resort" owner thru
her "royal islander" timeshare ownership?

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
My aunt owns a time share at the t "royal Islander"

If my Aunt then trades her "royal Islander" timesahre for a "royal Sands" Timeshare thru interval, then does an interval Guest Certificate + puts the "royal Sands" timeshare reservation thru "interval" in my name.
I then go to the "royal Sands" timeshare without my aunt

am I subject to the "all Inclusive" Royal sands fee of $4410 per week
for the (6) adults in my group?
or
am I not subject to the "all inclusive" royal sands fee of $4410 per week for the (6) adults in my group, because my aunt is a "royal resort" owner thru
her "royal islander" timeshare ownership?

Go to the link we have posted several times...
Http://www.royalresorts.com/packages/faq-packages.asp
And read #14 under FAQ.
You will NOT have mandatory AI.

Or just go to one of the tri royals, which do not have AI. They MAY introduce AI, but even if they do, as long as you make your arrangements (rental or exchange) before the announcement, you are exempt.