• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scammed by Palmera Vacation Club

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
Hello!
About 3 months ago we got ourselves into a pickle purchasing a 2000 point membership with Palmera Vacation Club.
Well, we finally decided we wanted to use it for a vacation. We went in and found out it that our points aren’t even close to being able to be used. As most bookings are a min of 7 days, not only that, we thought we signed a 60 month term for monthly payments, when I received the paperwork for our legal documents, it shows being 84 months which adds another $4000 to the overall payment…
On top of that, there are fees, not the maintenance fee, we have to pay to book…
We tried to use out 7 night stay voucher we received for signing… have to book out of season and pay more fees…
Does anyone know the best way to get rid of this blunder of a mistake we made???

Thanks!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if your were "scammed" or if you failed to understand what you were signing. If copies of your paperwork show a 5 year payback then I don't understand why they suddenly raised it to 7 years (what do copies of your paperwork actually say?).

Sounds like you've made 3 payments and now want out. Not sure you can easily wriggle out of it UNLESS your actual paperwork shows that they have altered your agreement after the fact.....

Be sure NOT to use an upfront fee company that claims they can get you out of your contract. They will just steal your money and do nothing. Now that's a true Scam!

Reactions: RX8

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
What was the purchase price of this package and how much have you already paid into it? Depending on how much you have left to pay, you might just want to stop payments and let this membership lapse. You'll lose the money you've already invested into this but at least you will stop the financial bleeding.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sadly if its been 3 months you are well outside your legal cancellation period. while you can still attempt to follow the instructions in the contract to cancel I would not put much hope in that route being successful.

the only exit options left for you are to pay off any loan balance and surrender it back (or try to give it away)....or stop paying.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Scammed is not the word. You made a bad decision and maybe didn't read everything well enough.

You can always not pay and walk away with a hit to your credit that could take years to go away.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
we thought we signed a 60 month term for monthly payments, when I received the paperwork for our legal documents, it shows being 84 months which adds another $4000 to the overall payment…
You can pay it off early without penalty. Either pay a lump sum at the end of 60 months, or use an online calculator to amortize the loan balance over 60 months.

However, I'm guessing that if you change the amortization period from 84 months to 60 months the payment will be higher than you were expecting.

Sweeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread is a little old but I am hoping someone has some recent experience with Palmera Vacation Club formerly Coral Sands(Elite Resort Group). I own a tri(every third year) timeshare at Coral Sands(RCI points) since 07 and am looking to get rid of it. Does anyone have any recent experience of doing a deedback or have a phone number or email that might work for them?