• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spinnaker at Shipyard --- Anyone stay here Recently?

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would suggest taking a drive to Savannah. Go on the trolley tour and see all of the highlights of this great little town. You can get on and off of the trolley as often as you like. Stop and have lunch then catch the next trolley coming through. I think they run every half hour. Then go to the Riverwalk to shop and enjoy the river. Restaurants, souvenirs, ice cream shops and music can be enjoyed as you walk along the street. Beaufort is another small town with lots of history. Coligny Plaza is not far from your resort and there are lots of fun things to do there as well. Have a great time. We love Hilton Head. I almost forgot to mention. There is a live theater in Hilton Head and usually the plays are very well done and professional. Highly recommended.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
To the OP, did the family and you enjoy your vacation @ Spinnaker @ Shipyard Plantation?

Would you recommend this resort to a family member or a friend?
We leave for our vacation on August 4th... I will report back how it is... I'm so excited...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would suggest taking a drive to Savannah. Go on the trolley tour and see all of the highlights of this great little town. You can get on and off of the trolley as often as you like. Stop and have lunch then catch the next trolley coming through. I think they run every half hour. Then go to the Riverwalk to shop and enjoy the river. Restaurants, souvenirs, ice cream shops and music can be enjoyed as you walk along the street. Beaufort is another small town with lots of history. Coligny Plaza is not far from your resort and there are lots of fun things to do there as well. Have a great time. We love Hilton Head. I almost forgot to mention. There is a live theater in Hilton Head and usually the plays are very well done and professional. Highly recommended.
Wow, thank you so much for the great tips...

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
To the OP, did the family and you enjoy your vacation @ Spinnaker @ Shipyard Plantation?

Would you recommend this resort to a family member or a friend?

My family and I did enjoy the vacation, it was very relaxing. Yes, I would recommend Spinnaker to others looking for Hilton Head locations as long as they read the reviews and understand what they are getting. I am use to a main lobby and this location does not have one. It is nestled in a residential area and feels like you are visiting someone's home and not a vacation. Nice place to live.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any suggestions on things to do with my 2 year old grandson? thanks for all of the help

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was the alligators still sunbathing on the golf during day?

I feel most of Shipyard Plantation timeshare resorts are very similar to Spinnaker @ Shipyard Plantation except for the hotel on beach.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just looked at the weather forecast for my week at Hilton Head and starting tomorrow through next Saturday thunderstorms every day. Dang I’m so bummed

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
If the forecast says "chance" of thunderstorms, that's just the usual late afternoon, daily thunderstorm, so common in the southeast and Florida. If it says "scattered" thunderstorms, there may be an actual system coming through. If rain or storms are forecasted for a good part of the day, that's different. Intellicast is currently only forecasting the "chance" storms. You're likely to have some good weather, especially in the mornings and evenings. :) Enjoy!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If the forecast says "chance" of thunderstorms, that's just the usual late afternoon, daily thunderstorm, so common in the southeast and Florida. If it says "scattered" thunderstorms, there may be an actual system coming through. If rain or storms are forecasted for a good part of the day, that's different. Intellicast is currently only forecasting the "chance" storms. You're likely to have some good weather, especially in the mornings and evenings. :) Enjoy!
Thanks for letting me know... I just did not want to be inside for a whole week...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beautiful day in Savannah, GA where we landed. Exploring the city before we can check in at our resort

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Beautiful day in Savannah, GA where we landed. Exploring the city before we can check in at our resort

Rain at Hilton Head can be very spotty in summer....radar map right now shows small isolated cells all over the Southeast,
rather than a concentrated and directional storm system passing through, so maybe you'll be lucky all week. Hope so.
It could be raining a mile from you and sunny at the resort, or vice versa, so anything is possible.....if it does rain,
typically it won't last long.
Good luck and enjoy, whatever the weather.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Sugarcubesea,

I just arrived today. Check in is at Executive Dr. Just be prepared to hang around until 4 or 5 for check in. We had a very early flight and then a 2 hour drive from Charleston so we were wanting to get our unit and sleep/rest.

The unit is nice. We are staying in 222 which has a view of the pool and the golf course. However, I can hear everyone at the pool as I'm writing this message. Our initial unit was 220 but the air conditioner was barely working and the unit was too warm (location was better, because it was quiet with a better view of the golf course. ) Tomorrow should be filled with fun and adventure.

Trudy

Trudy, thanks for the review. We are staying in unit 216, and end unit and it’s been nicely updated and it’s very close to the pool but far enough away that I hear no noise. I’m very happy with the location of our unit. It’s spacious and very nice. The only negative is they need new mattress.

This has been one of my best vacations. As a first timer to HH, I’ve fallen in love with this area.

The pool at our resort is great and they have cabanas you can use free of charge.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Sugarcubesea,

Sorry I haven't been on Tug lately. If you still have time try to go to Charleston (2 hr drive) it is a beautiful city and my daughter and I can hardly wait to return their. I loved the downtown area and mentally choose my retirement condo near the Pineapple fountain (ha-ha). Loved my short time in Charleston walking the cobblestone streets, viewing the Boone Hall plantation and looking at the large old oak trees with spanish moss everywhere.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trudy, thanks for the review. We are staying in unit 216, and end unit and it’s been nicely updated and it’s very close to the pool but far enough away that I hear no noise. I’m very happy with the location of our unit. It’s spacious and very nice. The only negative is they need new mattress.

This has been one of my best vacations. As a first timer to HH, I’ve fallen in love with this area.

The pool at our resort is great and they have cabanas you can use free of charge.

Hi Sugarcubesea,
Sorry I haven't been on Tug lately. If you still have time try to go to Charleston (2 hr drive) it is a beautiful city and my daughter and I can hardly wait to return their. I loved the downtown area and mentally choose my retirement condo near the Pineapple fountain (ha-ha). Loved my short time in Charleston walking the cobblestone streets, viewing the Boone Hall plantation and looking at the large old oak trees with spanish moss everywhere.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Sugarcubesea,

Hi Trudy,

We left HH yesterday and it was a great vacation... We never made it to Charleston, we just ran out of time... The week flew by.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Trudy,

We left HH yesterday and it was a great vacation... We never made it to Charleston, we just ran out of time... The week flew by.

I am glad you loved the island and enjoyed your week.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am glad you loved the island and enjoyed your week.
We really did enjoy our vacation and normally a week never ever fly's by this quickly for us. I feel we packed a lot into the week and had a great time...I very much want to go back and I'm currently working on purchasing a HH 3 bedroom unit

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
We really did enjoy our vacation and normally a week never ever fly's by this quickly for us. I feel we packed a lot into the week and had a great time...I very much want to go back and I'm currently working on purchasing a HH 3 bedroom unit
Don't you love that? There are a few places that the week just zips by for us. Our home resort, and Smuggs are the two that we just never seem to have enough time for. Good luck on your purchase!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

Glad you had a great time, and despite your pre-trip weather concerns, it turned out pretty wonderful.
Enjoyed talking to you throughout the week, come back soon. :thumbup:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Wow, I know the feeling when you find an area you love so much. Good luck with your purchase.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP..Please do your homework before you purchase a timeshare.
Please check TUG's Marketplace to see how much a resale timeshare are selling for on HHI?

Finally, good luck.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad you had a great time, and despite your pre-trip weather concerns, it turned out pretty wonderful.
Enjoyed talking to you throughout the week, come back soon. :thumbup:
I was very worried about the weather and I was so happy we got a chance to chat so much and I appreciate all of the great help you provided... It really made this vacation special knowing some of the cool places to eat at...thanks again for everthing...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't you love that? There are a few places that the week just zips by for us. Our home resort, and Smuggs are the two that we just never seem to have enough time for. Good luck on your purchase!
You are so right, there are very few places that the week fly's by... We packed a ton of fun into our trip... Listed below are some of the things we did...

• Coligny Beach (relaxed under the umbrella and rode & body surfed)
  • HH Bike Trails (2 came with our unit & we rented enough for everyone in our group- we biked about 5 miles a day)
  • Harbour Town Lighthouse (we climbed the 114 steps to the top of the lighthouse, & got to look at the historic relics that line the walls)
  • Coastal Discovery Museum (saw the sweetgrass baskets being made & took a class)
  • Dolphin Cruise
  • Toured the Forts of Port Royal
  • Shipyard Beach Club (we got a free locker at the club so we did not have to lug our stuff down each day, we love walking the beach)
  • Shopping at the Outlet Mall and at Coligny Center
  • Swimming at the Pool at Shipyard

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To the OP..Please do your homework before you purchase a timeshare.
Please check TUG's Marketplace to see how much a resale timeshare are selling for on HHI?

Finally, good luck.

Trust me, I'm buying resale and I will get a good deal. I know what I want and what TS's there I will be able to exit from when the time comes

Reactions: jme