• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spring Break in Horizons Branson

yan19454

Reaction score
Do you think it will be a good time to go to Branson in April 1 next year ? What activities available for that time ? Thanks.

klisow

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from there on April 2nd and had a great time. The weather was not the best, but that is hit or miss wherever you go.

Pretty much everything was opened. There were a few shows which hadn't opened, but still plenty to choose from.

Silver Dollar City had just opened and the lines were non-existent. We also took in some shows too.

We will go back this coming year again. My children can't wait.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Maybe a little early in the season but still a decent time to go. Schools are still in session so the crowds are minimal. Weather can be cool and rainy at times. The only pools that should be open will be indoors. We enjoy going to Branson in the spring, fall and winter but generaly prefer to avoid the very busy summer months.

Horizons by Marriott is very nice. We've stayed with them 3 times I think. They have a good location not far off the main drag on one of the traffic relief routes.

Topeka Tom

TUG Member
Reaction score
IF you are into the shows, then Bransonfest is the activity for you! Unfortunately for you, that activity will take place on April 10 - 14 next year.

Give or take, fifty show samplers on the big stage at the Welk theater.

Give or take, nearly the same number of entertainers at a free venue. But there's more, lots more, at Bransonfest.

I hope next year's shows will erase the memory of learning, first, that Delene had a brain tumor, and then, that she had died. She was one of our favorite entertainers.

I am putting together a file of things to do in Branson. It should be ready in mid June. One of those things is to visit the fish hatchery. For any family with kids (of nearly ANY age) it's a fun hour and costs next to nothing. With a break or two it's two hours. The hatchery is south on 165 near the dam.

Another is to share a banana split (or other confection of your choice) at Cookies and Cream (CC's) just west of what used to be Bobby Vinton's theater. Nowadays it features Broadway and Irish dancers. You have to look sharp for CC's, as it actually sits well below Hwy 76.

The reason the file won't be ready very soon is that Barb and I are visiting Branson this next week and we always hope to discover something amazing.

Never mind that we don't always!

Later, then!

Topeka Tom and Topeka Barb

yan19454

Reaction score
It seem from PHL to Spg is expensive and it cost more than $330. I also looked into flying into the little rock. It is expensive.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
yan19454 said:
It seem from PHL to Spg is expensive and it cost more than $330. I also looked into flying into the little rock. It is expensive.

If you're wanting to fly the least expensive airport is probably Kansas City, MO. It's probably a 3 to 4 hour drive from the KC, MO airport to Branson. Kansas City's airport is actually north of the city by quite a ways.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
April 1?

Depends on what you like to do?

Branson's not the most convenient place to fly to. That's our way of sorting out our visitors. We only take the most committed, the ones willing to work the hardest to get here~~~or ride a tour bus.

I guess about 8 million a year still manage to get here (if you subtract Tom and Barb, make it 7,999,990 or so), making it the #5 tourist destination in the US.