• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tried to eplus out of late deposit failure

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I have a family member with two late deposits from Covid times that he kept paying to extend (both two bedroom Aruba surf MSU) . I tried today to get a July 6 studio at MSU - which I desperately need! So I exchanged for a Marriott 2br Orlando for May and added eplus. Now that eplus deposit can’t see any MVCs!!!!!! Argh! I can’t even cancel the exchange bc the office is closed.
What can I do? I guess cancel it tomorrow morning. What a waste of weeks.

I was thinking of emailing Mark D but if the Aruba week is no longer available tomorrow then I’m guessing he can’t help me.

I didn’t realize the trade power would be reduced to practically nothing once eplus added. Live and learn.
Jannine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You may email to cancel today's exchange.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Did you try clicking the Search button a second time after you didn't get the search results you expected? Sometimes there is a bug that prevents all search results from being returned but clicking Search again on that same screen will work.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
While your trading power isn't supposed to change with an eplus, it often seems to although II will generally deny it if you call about the issue. At least 1 in 5 times it seems like a rather significant drop.

Unfortunately when using eplus you can't back out of it and cancel the way you can with a regular exchange within 24 hrs.
If it is simply the first exchange and not an eplus (even if you paid for eplus and next time don't pay for the eplus until you see what you can retrade into) then respond to the confirmation email right away and ask them to cancel the exchange within the grace period and refund both the exchange fee and the eplus exchange fee. Even though they don't answer phones they often have someone working the email desk even on Sundays. If you don't get a response today then call first thing tomorrow to follow up and get it cancelled.

If it was one of your eplus retrades, you can't cancel but you may want to try to contact Marc and give specifics about what you could see in April and May that you can't see now that you have exchanged.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't see a July 6th MSU studio out there anymore, but I am able to see quite a few MSU deposits using an exchange that has Eplus on it.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
I think I should have kept checking bc now I see some MVC weeks, even a June MSU. I’ll keep searching today (I have not eplused anything yet - only made first exchange and added eplus.) I will call Marc or call and cancel first thing tomorrow.

Also do any of you II experts know - does the eplus date need to include the entire week? For example - I exchanged for a May 10th week. I’m trying to eplus to July6-13. The eplus window is to July 10th. Does that matter? If so I’ll cancel exchange and book something for the 13th or 14th. And hope MSU shows up again.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think I should have kept checking bc now I see some MVC weeks, even a June MSU. I’ll keep searching today (I have not eplused anything yet - only made first exchange and added eplus.) I will call Marc or call and cancel first thing tomorrow.

Also do any of you II experts know - does the eplus date need to include the entire week? For example - I exchanged for a May 10th week. I’m trying to eplus to July6-13. The eplus window is to July 10th. Does that matter? If so I’ll cancel exchange and book something for the 13th or 14th. And hope MSU shows up again.

The dates are based on checkin date so you should be able to see checkins through July 10th. So you should be find to see July 6th. You can test this out by doing an Eplus retrade search in a region like Orlando and see if you can see checkins through the 8th (some resorts have Monday checkins) but you probably won't see any for the 9th or 10th since those aren't traditional checkin dates.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
While your trading power isn't supposed to change with an eplus, it often seems to although II will generally deny it if you call about the issue. At least 1 in 5 times it seems like a rather significant drop.

Unfortunately when using eplus you can't back out of it and cancel the way you can with a regular exchange within 24 hrs.
If it is simply the first exchange and not an eplus (even if you paid for eplus and next time don't pay for the eplus until you see what you can retrade into) then respond to the confirmation email right away and ask them to cancel the exchange within the grace period and refund both the exchange fee and the eplus exchange fee. Even though they don't answer phones they often have someone working the email desk even on Sundays. If you don't get a response today then call first thing tomorrow to follow up and get it cancelled.

If it was one of your eplus retrades, you can't cancel but you may want to try to contact Marc and give specifics about what you could see in April and May that you can't see now that you have exchanged.
I've seen it reported that if you did the initial trade and the Eplus retrade all within the 24 hour window that they will still cancel the entire exchange and refund the fees. If the retrade is outside 24 hours, that certainly can't be cancelled and reverted back to the original exchange. Retrades outside 24 hours of initial exchange are final.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
@Theiggy what was the result?

I never did get the week. I ended up canceling. I thought it was me.

Just today Greg G was kind enough to hold a week for me to try again. I did the exchange with the flex change week and then I couldn’t trade into the week I wanted. I knew it was still there bc I checked using other weeks.

I’m going to have to cancel again. I guess these flexchange late deposit weeks are pretty weak and even weaker with eplus sadly. It was a 2 bedroom and I was trying to retrade to a studio. All MVC but not enrolled week.